• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Journey of a Thousand Miles

Years
Author's Drabble - Ah, I still haven't posted that sequel to Yggdrasil, have I? Should get working on that soon...

Spoiler:

1. Chapter 1
2. Chapter 2
3. Chapter 3
4. Chapter 4
5. Chapter 5
6. Chapter 6
7. Chapter 7
8. Chapter 8

(Pretty short story, yeah.)

Last edited:
Years
Spoiler:

Bay

Years
Oh yay the sequel to Yggdrasi! Been looking forward to that for a while. That's a cool battle between Red and Sean there. I do admit, I reacted the same way as Red when Sean called his Pikachu worthless. Interesting take on why Red stays in Mt Silver and that "he" can be passed down. So little nice Sean backstory there, interested to see where you'll take this story with the other characters.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
I came for the battle but I stayed for the

He turns to me, his eyes bright beneath the brim of his cap, and gives a breath?relief? or trepidation??that instantly freezes into a small white cloud of wonder.

?You want to battle?? he asks.
Well, you make Red talk. That is a combination of silly in its own particular way, and also welcome.

Sounds like quite the journey comes ahead. While I have not read Yggdrasil yet (I've been... lazy), this story got my attention when I saw the first person narration and the various implications being thrown around in between text and dialogue about the character's personality. The various twists brought around with the fight and how "Red" works, and Arceus being in a bit of a good mood, they all made this opener interesting to read; it is also my opinion this chapter could also stand on its own as a sort of battle drabble with only minor changes, but that's just how I enjoyed it .

Good luck with this ongoing story. I hope to have more questions as it develops.

Years
Spoiler:

Bay

Years
From the way Oz and Sean often banter, the both of them trying to figure out this Red curse thing shall be fun. I like some of Sean's voice in the narration, like his commentary on Oz and Aries eating ice cream in cold weather. Speaking of which, oh hey Aries nice to see him again. I enjoy the part where Sean bought a children's ticket for Oz, lol

Years
Spoiler:

Bay

Years
"No guarantees!" he tells me. "You have one of those faces that just makes me wanna push your buttons."

"I do not have many buttons to push."

"No, I'm pretty sure you have more buttons than a video editing program, and I'll be happy to find each of them."

"You are insufferable."

Heh, still enjoy their banter.

"Find anything helpful?"

I will not, under any circumstance, admit that Oswald's sudden interruption caused me to jump and scatter all the books I was holding. Never.

This is also amusing. Also the part where Oswald said how he kept flunking Language Arts.

The part where the two were running away and Sean mentions Oz being offered as a sacrifice, yeah don't think it's a good idea either. The last few paragraphs with Oz having a ghost type inside him (I think?), well that doesn't sound too good.

Years
Spoiler:

Bay

Years
?There are a lot of books that I want to read, a lot of mysteries that I want to solve. Only by living can I do those things, by being able to walk free. Being ?Red,? that?s no sort of life?to do what you want and enjoy it, that?s what it means to live.? He rubs his chin with a sigh and looks back at me. ?It?s strange. I?ve never given that much thought to these things before now, but this week has been oddly eye-opening.? He raises his eyes to the ceiling. ?I considered you a smart boy, Oswald, but if you?d be willing to give up the greatest opportunity in this world?that is, to live?then you are a fool.?
I like this bit of dialogue here.

I admit this took me a couple readthroughs, but it's cool you have the spirits of Oz's Pokemon be turned into ghost types. Even though I get Stein's a Lampent and Grit's a Frosslass, thought you could perhaps made that a bit clearer in the beginning of the chapter. Oh, and of course Oz would use hacking to bypass the hacking problem pfft.

Years
Spoiler:

Bay

Years
We get a bit more insight how Oz's ghosts function there, which is cool. Heh Pong inside Sean for a little while. And well, not only did the group met with Lugia but seems Darkrai joins in the part too, which doesn't sound too good.

Years
Spoiler:

Years
Spoiler:

Years
Spoiler:

Years
Spoiler:

Back