• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Male Protagonist!

Best Male Protagonist!

• Total voters

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • I kinda like Brendan and Gold/Ethan. Other than Red, they're probably the protagonists that I most remember. :]

Brendan has a pretty cool design, and Gold/Ethan hold strong memories of GSC, and I thought Gold looked cool back then too! Ethan was pretty okay too; a bit dorky, but okay. <33

Years
  • My favorite is lucas, especially his Platinum design. It was also the first protagonist I played as, so his design stuck on to me.

Hilbert is a close second though.

Zero Break

The Horizon
    Years
  • Brendan's ORAS design feels silly to me tbh so I'm going with Red. Although I dig Hilbert and Nate too.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I'm going to have to jump onto the classic Red bandwagon.

The silent and mysterious protagonist who is the best pokemon trainer to ever live. He's cold, calculating, detached, private, and obsessed. He survived exploring and waiting at the top of Mt. Silver for a decade, in hopes to get a glimpse at a mythical pokemon that he spent most of his life hunting for.
    He's obsessed with being the most powerful pokemon trainer in the world and his pokemon are the highest levels of any pokemon known in the world.
    He doesn't speak to anyone, but listens carefully to everything people tell him, helping those who need him most and never asking for anything in return.

He's just the coolest, I've admired his character since I was seven, and to this day I still do.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Does "the gen 3 guy prior to my it's-a-hat-and-not-white-hair-realization" count? The other ones just look way to similar for my taste...

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Red, simply for nostalgic reasons. I also loved being able to battle him at the end of the Gen II games, which has never happened with any other protagonist as far as I know.

Back