• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Pokémon Gold and Silver coming to 3DS eShop!

Years
  • I wonder if they, much like gen 1, left the glitches untouched. That could be a good source for more Celebis. Unless, of course, they not only decide to add Crystal as well, but also include that event that made it available.

I suspect that the glitches will be present, but Celebi will be unable to transport over to the new games similar to Mew in R/B/Y (unless you go through some long process to make your Mew pass all of the checks).

Years
  • "We hope you look forward to reliving the excitement again." *shows battle with Whitney* Game Freak why

Anyway, I was kind of hoping for Crystal since my battery went dead not long after I got it, but oh well I guess. I'll still be picking these up. It'll be interesting to see how these affect trading if they do what they did with R/B/Y and have transferred Pokemon from these have their Hidden Ability.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm really excited about this announcement, and definitely plan on picking up both Gold and Silver on each of my 3DS systems. Gold is my favorite game of all time, and I've been hoping for this announcement ever since RBY were announced. I would have liked to see Crystal as well (I was hoping to use that version this time around for the battle tower and the Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Flamethrower move tutors, as I never really devoted much time to Crystal before it died, as compared with Gold), but I suspect it will be released at some point, maybe as a promotion for another game release (since this one is coinciding with Pokken).

Now if only we could get Crystal (which will probably happen eventually), and Stadium and Stadium 2 releases (unlikely, sadly) where I can use all of my carefully-trained gen I and II Pokemon. But still, I've missed Gold since it died nearly 11 years ago now, and I'm eager to start a new journey in September!

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • the reason i watched the pokemon direct was for the hopeful relese of gsc on eshop and they defenitly deliverd on that part beside now crystal verion, the other games they showed was just icing on the cake for me

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    "We hope you look forward to reliving the excitement again." *shows battle with Whitney* Game Freak why

Anyway, I was kind of hoping for Crystal since my battery went dead not long after I got it, but oh well I guess. I'll still be picking these up. It'll be interesting to see how these affect trading if they do what they did with R/B/Y and have transferred Pokemon from these have their Hidden Ability.
    To be fair... Whitney is probably the most iconic part of these games so whether you love it or hate it - doesn't matter she represents Johto so get hyped! That sort of thing.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Don't we already have heart gold and soul silver? Other than the graphics, it was the same game wasn't it?

Not really, objectively there were a lot of better changes but those changes didn't really give it the nostalgic feeling for most people. It was more like a different brand new Johto rather than a proper remake as so many different elements were added and removed: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/...om_Pok.C3.A9mon_Gold.2C_Silver.2C_and_Crystal

HeartGold and SoulSilver are great but they can't really replace the nostalgia that G/S have which is why we've got the re-release coming c:

Back