• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Fire Yellow (a simple Yellow remake)

NilesMoonFalcon

Pokemon Trainer: Niles
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Encountered Pikachu first run the pikachu was a male, killed it, got the pikachu but it was female.... Reset new try this time a shiny male pikachu, killed it, it turned out to be male but not shiny... ;~; Why does it not carry over?

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
are there any ability capsules or otherwise some means to change abilities in game? Because I keep getting great pokemon with useless abilities (sentret with run away for example, with jolly nature and shiny no less). If there arent any and no plans to add such a feature, might it be possible to buff the more useless abilities or have the pokemon with them get a better one when they evolve? Furret getting Frisk (normally its hidden ability) if you evolve a sentret with Run Away would be an example.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
I'm surprised people actually like this despite how buggy this is! Then again, it is really nice just to have a following poke in a remake for once, even if the followspam method has its flaws.

Hmm... This looks interesting. If I'm not mistaken, that line about Pikachu chewing on the power chords is a reference to the Electric Tale of Pikachu manga, right? In general, I think it's kinda cool to see a Yellow remake that throws in more references to the Anime and Manga, and this looks pretty great!

Yup! Thank you.

This is very cool rom hack.
Thanks.

Finally we got a cool rom hack and remake of Pokemon Yellow!

Aww, thanks.

Nice effort on making pikachu follow you but you need to update your screenshots xD

They seem okay to me right now? I think maybe sometimes it gets over-bandwidth'd at the end of the month.

So some bugs here, on route 15 you change into some green guy. Also the houses in the stater jhoto region teleport you to a cave and the dragon town. The mall, gambling place and prize cornner are empty, so you can't buy any tms or gamble!

A green guy? That's weird, I've never gotten that bug. Does it end when you leave the route? spoiler:
Spoiler:

And yes, Johto is nearly totally empty right now and so is a large portion of other maps - I believe I stated in the thread it was only 'properly' done up to a few gyms, although you are free to visit all the Kanto ones. On the next update I plan to fill things in far more, although it's been awhile so I've forgotten. Maybe I should just block empty areas off, but then you couldn't roam to catch all teh pokemonz. :P

I can't see how the game looks, thanks to Photobucket and their money grubbing BS (those default/error images are an eyesore).

Same as I said to other guy, but, I'll try to find another host for some screenies in a jiffy.

Encountered Pikachu first run the pikachu was a male, killed it, got the pikachu but it was female.... Reset new try this time a shiny male pikachu, killed it, it turned out to be male but not shiny... ;~; Why does it not carry over?

This is a known bug, due to the fact I think you have to use asm to make a pikachu of a specific gender. I might just make Pikachu genderless or always male or something stupid, as it is true that in the anime/manga I think Pikachu is usually a dude :P. The shiny thing I think I could fix though, by hand-setting whether or not it's shiny. It's been awhile since I've hacked Firered so I'm rusty, and I find disassemblies /much/ easier to asm hack than a big hexadecimal mess, but I definitely remember having a method somewhere to specifically set shiny-ness, so I could have a second flag set at the same time to 'remember' that I did so previously and then set same shininess for every pikachu afterward.
It's been awhile so there might be some nice 'generate specific gender wild mon' asm available that I haven't noticed yet done by someone else. I'll try to take a look sometime when I'm not busy with my other hack, Evo Yellow Raichu and Evo Yellow Eevee and Meowth Editions.

are there any ability capsules or otherwise some means to change abilities in game? Because I keep getting great pokemon with useless abilities (sentret with run away for example, with jolly nature and shiny no less). If there arent any and no plans to add such a feature, might it be possible to buff the more useless abilities or have the pokemon with them get a better one when they evolve? Furret getting Frisk (normally its hidden ability) if you evolve a sentret with Run Away would be an example.
Hm, I haven't heard of such a thing, although I haven't played newer gens enough perhaps. I think I can tweak some abilities though, if some are genuinely 'useless' then I could perhaps just change Sentret's ability to something else if it really vexes that much. Getting a better one on evo might also be possible, too, although I don't know too much about adding Frisk/new gen hidden abilities unless they were added as part of the new move patch (I'll have to check). To be honest, I never paid enough attention to abilities to know which ones are 'good ones' and which ones are bad ones, as I stick with a mon on first catch even if it isn't perfect usually, but I assume you dislike Runaway, and that I could easily edit out.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
yeah heres a list of abilities which are very very poor

Run Away: Allows one to flee a wild battle without issue unless blocked by Arena trap, ect. Useless in trainer battles. Possible buff for it could be allowing one to escaperestraint moves (wrap, bind, fire spin, ect), traps (Mean Look, Spider Web) and abilities such as Arena Trap or Shadow Tag.

Keen Eye: Maintains accuracy b preventing accuracy loss via Sand Attack/ect. Newer gens allow moves like Minimize and Double Team to also be bypassed entirely. It a very situational ability, not entirely useful but in the context of this hack adding the above mentioned 6th gen buff would be very helpful.

Big Pecks: Prevents defense loss. Very very useless, only technically good on Pidgeot but even then not useful enough. I would have expected the ability when first introduced to power up moves that used the pokemon's wings, as the name implies that a bird's chest muscles receive some kind of benefit from the ability. Pidgeot especially can make good use of this as its supposed to fly faster than a fighter jet, and cause hurricanes with its wings so those muscles must be crazy strong.

Sand Veil: Raises accuracy in a sandstorm. Considering there is another ability called Water Veil which prevents burns, the casual observer might mistake this ability for Water Veil if they dont pay enough attention to the summery readout but are aware of the two abilities. Evasion in a sandstorm sounds good on paper but this usually lasts for 5 turns and the boost is only equal to one use of Double Team. I honestly have no idea what change could be done to Sand Veil though since Water Veil should remain unique as a burn immunity for water types.

those are right off the top of my head. I hope it helps give you some ideas.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
I'm quite happy that this project is not abandoned. I wish you luck. :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
yeah heres a list of abilities which are very very poor

Run Away: Allows one to flee a wild battle without issue unless blocked by Arena trap, ect. Useless in trainer battles. Possible buff for it could be allowing one to escaperestraint moves (wrap, bind, fire spin, ect), traps (Mean Look, Spider Web) and abilities such as Arena Trap or Shadow Tag.

Keen Eye: Maintains accuracy b preventing accuracy loss via Sand Attack/ect. Newer gens allow moves like Minimize and Double Team to also be bypassed entirely. It a very situational ability, not entirely useful but in the context of this hack adding the above mentioned 6th gen buff would be very helpful.

Big Pecks: Prevents defense loss. Very very useless, only technically good on Pidgeot but even then not useful enough. I would have expected the ability when first introduced to power up moves that used the pokemon's wings, as the name implies that a bird's chest muscles receive some kind of benefit from the ability. Pidgeot especially can make good use of this as its supposed to fly faster than a fighter jet, and cause hurricanes with its wings so those muscles must be crazy strong.

Sand Veil: Raises accuracy in a sandstorm. Considering there is another ability called Water Veil which prevents burns, the casual observer might mistake this ability for Water Veil if they dont pay enough attention to the summery readout but are aware of the two abilities. Evasion in a sandstorm sounds good on paper but this usually lasts for 5 turns and the boost is only equal to one use of Double Team. I honestly have no idea what change could be done to Sand Veil though since Water Veil should remain unique as a burn immunity for water types.

those are right off the top of my head. I hope it helps give you some ideas.

I haven't looked into modding abilities before, but I vaguely remember a thing or two about it, so I'll see what I can do. No guarantees but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to at least do ability replacement.

Seeing so many people wanting me to update has inspired me to actually pick this up again, although I kind of want to finish the latest update to my other, first gen, hack first - I just got hold items properly working in it so I guess I could push that update earlier rather than later since that's the major feature I wanted to do.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah take your time, its no problem. And there are a number of hacks which utelize some of the 6th gen changes and some 7th gen changes as well. See if MrDollSteak is able to help you out some as he has an entire rom base which ports mechanics 5th gen and up to third gen rom hacks. From there more specialized changes like the examples I gave for Sand Veil and Run away can be more plausible

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen yesterday
Is there any plan to fix the follow glitch with Pikachu? It's not a game breaking bug or anything but it would just be nice aesthetically.

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2021
I don't want to sound harsh or anything, but given the amount of changes put into this hack and the amount of events and storylines taken from other media, I think this project doesn't fall into the scope of a "remake" anymore.
Maybe changing the name to something else?
I mean, it does follow Yellow's main structure, but it isn't a remake anymore when you start putting events from mangas and the anime into it, which starts to fall more in line into something like Ash Gray.

Sugar-Fable

Pokemon Princess
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
This isn't working for me? Looks amazing, but I can't get past the info screen XD Not sure if I'm missing something or what

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 20, 2018
I've got some questions. Will my rival be using a Squirtle? & does Jessie & James battle with their Meowth?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 3, 2020
Hey has anyone else came across a glitch were Clefairy turns into metapod? And if so is there a way to fix it

Back