• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Master Trainers revealed in Pokémon Let’s Go

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
  • Magikarp Master... for that you get a cookie and a like. All it says to me is trainers like above in the picture is that they "Mega Evolve" their Pokemon. So you have a Charizard vs Charizard and the Master Trainer Mega Evolves his Charizard to either of the two variants. There will also be Mega Venusaur, Blastoise, Beedrill(scary mofo too with that speed and physical power), Pidgeot, Gyrados, Alakazam, Kangaskahn(ability or no ability), Pinsir, Slowbro, Gengar, Aerodactyl and Mewtwo. Granted, that's just for Mega's that presently exist. They could add more to Kanto for LGPE.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    What's even the point of living if the Ditto Master's Ditto won't have Imposter to copy your Ditto before the battle even starts?

Years
  • this must be the most bizarre post-game i've seen with pokemon. what are they gonna do with ditto?

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • There are a lot of Pokemon whose ability makes them viable. Those that aren't reliable on their ability will be the ones that dominate. Its not just abilities though. Those with Mega's will be utilized far more than those that don't. A question that has bugged me as of late is whether you can Mega Evolve more than one Pokemon at a time. So if there was a Double Battle, you could send out two Pokemon who could Mega Evolve and evolve both of them at the same time(which if true would outright destroy the past few years regarding this mechanism). They need to clarify this area of the game considering holding Mega Stones, much less items are not in the game.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • There are a lot of Pokemon whose ability makes them viable. Those that aren't reliable on their ability will be the ones that dominate. Its not just abilities though. Those with Mega's will be utilized far more than those that don't. A question that has bugged me as of late is whether you can Mega Evolve more than one Pokemon at a time. So if there was a Double Battle, you could send out two Pokemon who could Mega Evolve and evolve both of them at the same time(which if true would outright destroy the past few years regarding this mechanism). They need to clarify this area of the game considering holding Mega Stones, much less items are not in the game.

Didn't they remove abilities in the game though or is that natures? So you couldn't really on abilities?

As for Megas, I don't see why that mechanic would change. You could always put more than one mega pokemon on your team, but you could only Mega Evolve one pokemon even when 2 or 3 pokemon at the stones. So I don't know how that would be any different.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Didn't they remove abilities in the game though or is that natures? So you couldn't really on abilities?

As for Megas, I don't see why that mechanic would change. You could always put more than one mega pokemon on your team, but you could only Mega Evolve one pokemon even when 2 or 3 pokemon at the stones. So I don't know how that would be any different.

Abilities, nature's and I believe IV's/EV's are not in the game(could be wrong on the latter though). Genders are obviously due to Pikachu and Eevee having particular hairstyles and to maintain the Infatuation mechanic. My point regarding abilities is that Pokémon who rely on their abilities to be viable will be at a disadvantage to those that do not. Many have shown displeasure that Mega Kangaskahn will not have its ability and recently in this thread the displeasure over Ditto losing its HA. That was the point I was trying to make.

As for Mega Evolution, there are no held items. While multiple Pokémon could hold Mega Stones, what is to stop GF from removing the 1 Mega limit in battle? It's something that has bothered me as of late and wouldn't shock me if that limit of 1 Mega per battle is removed. Even so, why would anyone need to Mega Evolve in Kanto anyway. It's one of the easiest regions to beat so long as you grind your team appropriately.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • Oh my god this is hilarious. I can't wait to fight the caterpie master!!

But joking aside this seems like something I could get really invested in.

Years
  • Not gonna lie, this seems genuinely interesting! Although if I'm going to be honest, I have the gut feeling the excitement is kinda going to be short-lived if all you're going to get is a fancy title.

Years
  • I'm a huge title collector in games, so this is something I'll probably be doing for a loooong while if I can only battle them with the same Pokémon haha. Looking forward to it! Can't even decide which title I want most atm.

Gyarados' battle will be a bit difficult if the opponent knows Thunderbolt though....4x weakness, ouch.

Last edited:
    Back