• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Surface Book

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I'm considering buying a Surface Book because I've always thought they look super cool and are a great fusion of tablet & laptop, even though I've never cared for tablets. I primarily look for lightweight and portability in my laptops, and like to "future-proof" them by getting higher-end CPUs and more RAM.

Does anyone have experience with the Surface Book or any of the products in the Surface lineup?

Years
  • If there was one thing that would hold me back on getting one, it's the price tag. However, the Surface products are probably the best available when it comes to Windows tablets, not only with performance, but also durability.

The fact that these come with SSDs are great as well, which means start-up time will pretty much be instant, and file transfers will be pretty swift as well.

As far as experience, I can't say I have much with the Surface line, however I had a friend who had a Surface Pro 3 (back in 2015), and he was able to game on it. I can't remember which game he was playing, but he said it could game.

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
    Years
  • I also haven't had any experience with the Surface Book, but I have the mid-range i5 Surface Pro 3 from 2015 and it's been fantastic and still works brilliantly.

I use mine mostly for university and work, watching videos, reading and annotating PDFs, coding in IDE's, and other general web-browsery stuff while I'm on the go. Nothing hardcore. I'd recommend it for anyone who needs something portable and also occasionally might want to use it in tablet mode (I use mine 90% of the time as a little laptop).

I probably would have gone Surface Book route if it was available when I purchased mine, as the Surfare Pro is a bit small for my liking :S

I don't use the Surface as my main PC though.

Back