• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you love about Pokemon, a.k.a why do you like the series?

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
  • Why are you here? Why a Pokemon forum?

Why do you play those games?

I mean, I know we are a lot of members here to buy every games that comes out. Many of us grew up with the serie. Is nostalgia a reason why we still play? What do you fine attractive in the serie?

Years
  • I like Pokemon because of the childhood nostalgia it gave me and the loveable monsters the series brings. They also bring pretty great storylines and the game has a pretty good level of strategy. It also tenders to both casual players, in terms of the main story, and hardcore players, in competitive battling.

M.E.R.255

Merry of all traits ;P
    Years
  • Ooh! I've never even thought about that! O_O Huh... let me see...

Well, back when I was treated like I shouldn't exist (had a bad childhood) it was one of those games that made me feel like someone. ^^ Even though I couldn't speak English well... (my games were in English so I could learn how to speak it) the thought of exploring a different world, without the abuse from my family and not feeling like an outcast, was amazing to me back then. ^#^ I didn't have any friends when growing up, and later only had people claiming to be it just to steal my stuff, but capturing a Pokémon felt like capturing a friend that would aid me in my quest. ^^ Sure, I couldn't really interact with my Pokémon... but working together as a team and overcoming challenges made me feel happy. =D Whenever I beat a trainer or someone at the gym, I didn't feel like the loser I was in RL. ^^

I suppose it's because of how much I needed the series to help me get distracted from the harsh reality that was my life, and gave my scarred mind some positive thoughts and feelings, even if it was just for short period of time. ^^ I grew quite attached to it, much like many Nintendo games. =)

When the second generation came out, I was so happy that I cried. More Pokémon, more people, a bigger world, and I can actually sort of befriend myself with NPCs! =D I always loved the designs of the Pokémon in generation 2 the most, and the fact it introduced baby Pokémon was adorable. ^^

Generation 3 was quite good too! Nice colorful graphics and more Pokémon. ^u^ Also 2 teams instead of one, wow. =O

The next generations were quite alright, but uh... Pokémon Moon made me afraid for the future installments... Sigh... you know why I loved the first few generations? I loved them because they made me do this on my own. My mother never believed in me, saying I cannot accomplish anything and am an eternal failure. But the game's difficulty and the lack of assistance made me feel like I wasn't that. =) Now however... being lead by a professor, Lillie and Hau in my journey... I felt like I was being belittled. ._. Even with a language barrier could I beat the games. Why does it insist in preventing me from exploring the world and forcing me to stay on a path? Let me explore! Let me feel independent! Don't force me to listen to your expositions and conversations, forcing me to stop my progress only to try skipping hours worth of dialogue throughout the game. ._.

I'm sad to say, but I may quit the series if it's going to be like Mario Party 9, changing the things I used to love. ._.

So um... is that a good enough answer? ^^ Or should I add more? =O

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • So um... is that a good enough answer? ^^ Or should I add more? =O

There is no good and wrong answer you can relax :) it's just a question that you and only you can answer what it means for you. And I don't even answer elaborate answers like this one haha

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • Why are you here? Why a Pokemon forum?: I'm just a huge Pokémon nerd who has nobody irl or any outlet to discuss about it so here I am lol

Why do you play those games?: I basically was forced to play Pokémon when i was young, I had no option to opt out but hey, no complaints :). Pokémon stuck because it's just so simplistically beautiful. There is no right way to play Pokémon or choose your Pokémon, everything adapts to your own liking without getting overly complicated which has this certain beauty you can't get over.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
  • It goes way back in my childhood. I guess that is the best argument I can give.
    It is kind of difficult to explain properly why I love the franchise so much.
    There are a lot of things about it that are so likeable, where do I even start?

Years
  • Why are you here? Why a Pokemon forum?: I'm at a stage in my life where hardly anyone I know plays Pokemon and I can't speak openly about the series, so this forum is the perfect place to express my love for the franchise.

Why do you play those games? I think nostalgia is a significant factor on why I still play the games today, but at the same time, I genuinely really enjoy them, there's just something about the Pokemon games that keeps drawing me back. I always enjoy relaxing and playing through an older game and although 90% of the video games I play are on the console, it says a lot that Pokemon has made me buy the new handheld everytime just to play the games.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    I've always loved Pokemon since I was a kid, from playing the games to watching the anime. The games are very fun and enjoyable, exploring the regions, capturing those pocket monsters and training them to battle, it's something that is fun and enjoyable to me.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • Pokemon is psycholocally interesting and also nostalgic to me.

Also lots of cute characters :3

And i've made friends with a lot of fellow pokemon fans over the years too

Years
  • It's a super grindy RPG that allows me to steamroll over my opponents with ease with adorable little monsters.

That about sums it up.

As for why I'm here? Talking about Pokemon with others is my main motivation. Since there was no way I could talk to anyone about Pokemon irl at the time, I decided why not find a Pokemon forum to talk about Pokemon and make friends and stuff. And the rest is history.

Back