• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Early game Rodent Speculation thread!

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
  • Time to complete the trio! We got Birds, We got bugs, Now it's time for the rodents!

I for one would rather like either a Chinchilla or a Hystrix

Years
  • I don't think it'll be a chinchilla, since we already had Minccino and 5th Gen was still fairly recent. If I wanted a new rodent, I'd like a squirrel but make it a bit different from Pachirisu in terms of design and characteristics.

A guinea pig could make a nice concept since I'm sure we never had one yet, and a Fakemon based on it did give me the idea on how I could see one.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    An Electric Old world Porcupine ?
    Spoiler:

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    We need a Naked Mole Rat. It's a cancer-free rat that already looks like an old man when it's born.
    Naked_mole_rat.jpg

You know this little adorable creature has to be our next rodent. It's hardy as hell. It better be a decent tank!
    Also, it's one of the only two eusocial mammals in existence.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • How about Kangaroo rats? GF could do an awesome design with it with its prominent tail.

Do you think we could finally have a competitively-worthy rodent? I mean, Diggersby was awesome but I think he could have better stuff there.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Well ik for a fact itll not be a hamster but perhaps its time for a another squirrel like a black or brown squirrel since they havent used that exact species and id say no its too early since emolga but i mean emolga was right after pachirisu. They may also do like a mouse or something but this time black or pure white. What would be really different would be a Capybara which is basically the largest rodent about the size of a large dog.
    capybara_06.jpg

Years
  • Do you think we could finally have a competitively-worthy rodent? I mean, Diggersby was awesome but I think he could have better stuff there.

I'm hoping we do, but their stat totals tend to be weak so it's nothing to get hopes up. At least giving Huge Power to Diggersby was a nice step to try making a competitive-worthy first route Normal-type rodent.

jombii

Years
  • I'm hoping we do, but their stat totals tend to be weak so it's nothing to get hopes up. At least giving Huge Power to Diggersby was a nice step to try making a competitive-worthy first route Normal-type rodent.

I think the reason is partly because of their early-game evolutions. The rodents were designed to reach their final evolution by second gym, or third at the latest, if you try to level them up from the start. If we do get a competitive Pokemon out of these rodents, I'm thinking of a three-stage evolutionary line so that the stats are well spread out throughout the story and we would not get something overly-powerful at the beginning but would have a beast by the time the seventh or eight gym would come around.

Much like how the starters are designed.

Years
  • I'm thinking of a three-stage evolutionary line so that the stats are well spread out throughout the story and we would not get something overly-powerful at the beginning but would have a beast by the time the seventh or eight gym would come around.

Much like how the starters are designed.

While more of a canine, Lillipup's line in 5th Gen did a good job with an early-game Pokemon that still remains usable in the later parts, and it kinda helps it evolves close to (or around) the levels that starters evolve at as well.

jombii

Years
  • While more of a canine, Lillipup's line in 5th Gen did a good job with an early-game Pokemon that still remains usable in the later parts, and it kinda helps it evolves close to (or around) the levels that starters evolve at as well.

Well, I consider Patrat more as the region's rodent. However, if this new rodent evolves around the same levels as Lillipup did, probably coupled with a type addition during the third evolution plus some new moves, I think it'd be fine.

Neosquid

♦ Darkness ♦
    Years
  • I'm hoping we do, but their stat totals tend to be weak so it's nothing to get hopes up. At least giving Huge Power to Diggersby was a nice step to try making a competitive-worthy first route Normal-type rodent.
    I think "try" is an understatement, the thing's ability to take lives is comparable to its Monty Python cousin
    We need a Naked Mole Rat. It's a cancer-free rat that already looks like an old man when it's born.
    Naked_mole_rat.jpg

You know this little adorable creature has to be our next rodent. It's hardy as hell. It better be a decent tank!
    Also, it's one of the only two eusocial mammals in existence.
    good idea
    this would be far more interesting than the early rodents so far, which are all on the boring side (minus diggersby ofc)

even furret is somewhat boring, as much as I love the adorable thing

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I hope we get a dual typed rodent like we did in Kalos, much better than just the typical Normal-type rodent. Perhaps some sort of Porcupine Pokemon that is Normal/Poison?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I could see a New World Porcupine as the Normal rodent and an old world one for the Electric rodent.

Years
  • Since I'm all stuck on my little South American/Maya idea, I think it should be a Cabybara. Normal is a given, maybe with a water or fighting twist

I never heard of this creature, but I'd love another Normal/Fighting that isn't a legendary or Mega. I mean, we had two early rodents (Bibarel and Diggersby) have unique type combinations so I do hope we get another one like them.

Years
  • If anyone paid attention to the leaks last week, we got our Pikaclone in the form of Togedemaru, who is Electric/Steel-type and apparently based on a hedgehog.

Back