• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 352 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.1%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
Playing on patch 2.2.10, I can't use the moon stone on my eevee and when it levels, it still turns into a Jinx.
What am I doing wrong?

You are patching onto an unclean rom, which in this case means the issue doesn't get fixed! You should patch onto a fresh Emerald rom, then transfer your .sav file across!

Explanation:
Spoiler:

Is the move Constellate physical or special?
Also which is the best between Solrock,Lunatone,Medicham and Claydol?

Special, I'll put that in the main post lol

Depends on what you need! Claydol destroys gym leaders but takes ages to train, medicham takes no time to train but can't boost stats as much and just goes all out attacking, solrock and lunatone are the best status users in the whole game bar none with Gravitate.

If you're just looking for a psychic type,I wouldn't go with any of these, though! I'd pick Illumise as a gym-busting cleric (stored power/defend order/aromatherapy/145 base speed) or Girafarig as god's gift to coverage (energy ball/some other types/invert)

Ey, someone thought of suggesting that Scald be super effective against ice types in this version, similarly to freeze dry. A second way of dealing with ice's immunity to water that you implemented.

...(really nice things ty for complements <3)...there appears to be invisible, impassable objects

I cut scald from everything except partial fire-types (torkoal, glouna) because having water's best status be a Burn sticks out like a sore thumb. Burn is for Fire types; Water's signature status affliction is "confused", so I really don't want scald to be a common move because it makes type differences less defined. So, scald stays on fire types, and fire types don't need ice coverage!

Also, half the point of the ice type change is to make water think about coverage rather than getting perfect coverage off Ice beam + Stab! When a water type is faced by ice, I really do want to force water types to switch.

Those kecleon are definitely fixed in the current patch! Try it on a clean rom, maybe??

To the East of the desert there is a lot of two spots that have braille on it. One states 'triangle' and the other reads 'center'. I am confused and am looking for help on this.

What do you reckon the other spot with braille on it would say? What could Triangle refer to?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 2, 2018
I'll add something to explain all pa'i canyon's difficult puzzles, but right now I just love it being an impenetrable mass of super tough stuff to keep people scratching their head and coming back to it. By far my fave route in the game. All of them are solvable but some need you to know how the game engine actually works rather than think intuitively about how it should work in real life. For example, you should know that boulders don't fall down sandy slopes correctly

any progress on adding this explanation? ive just gotten to pa'i canyon and id love to see what all is here!

Scion Ceph

Old Iron
Years
Ah, re: scald on fire types. Hadn't used any yet, same goes for most water types, so I hadn't noticed that only fire types had it. All fair 'nuff for me there.

As for the kecleon problem. Clean rom and new patch.
I'm too new to post images yet, though there's a set of about 10 or 15 impassable blocks hugging the treeline (south side) just as you enter the west end of scaber path, at the corner of the barry master's house and his garden. Had a screenie with the exact border of the invisible walls drawn out.
Plus a spot I forgot to mention in Victory road there seems to be the same issue. I just checked with a fresh rom and patch and there's still a blockage that doesn't interact or respond with anything, including the devon scope. In the last section of cave path (baring the exit), the one you come back into if you go in from the north entrance, passed Wally. It's a staircase just before the up ladder outside, after a couple trainers in a staring contest and next to a lava pool.
If I'm just the dumb, well dang, I'll figure something out.
(Tried to spoiler the images, also inserting them, forum wasn't happy with either of these ideas.)

Last edited:

luuma

Years
any progress on adding this explanation?
Id totally forgotten about adding that! It's now in the faq under "puzzle walkthroughs"
(lots of handy stuff)
Oh right! I completely misinterpreted what you said lmao. This is really handy, I've found these invisible walls and cut them from the next patch.
Any chance for a separate patch with Entei and Raikou back?
Maybe? I can do it by cutting other stuff, for sure. But expanding the dex is a real pain.

Last edited:

Scion Ceph

Old Iron
Years
Holy... wow you work quick. I'll let you know if I find anything else weird. As for where to put entei/raikou... do they need a dex entry to exist in the game or can you throw them in somewhere (how about as runners! because nostaliga and frustration!) then worry about fixing up a pair of dex entries later? Or would that break stuff?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 19, 2021
Just want to check to see if I'm losing my mind. I leveled my Magikarp to 20 and it didn't evolve. So I leveled it to 21 and it didn't evolve. I didn't notice anything in the evolve changes section nor in the known bug section, so please tell me if I found a bug or if I'm becoming a vegetable. Also, absolutely awesome hack. I'm loving it so far.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
If another opinion matters to you Luuma, I'm not really bothered at all that Entei and Raikou got replaced. Suicune's my fav of the legendary Johto beasts by far so I'm fine with the hack being how it is. But that's just me.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 11, 2022
Id totally forgotten about adding that! It's now in the faq under "puzzle walkthroughs"
Oh right! I completely misinterpreted what you said lmao. This is really handy, I've found these invisible walls and cut them from the next patch.
Maybe? I can do it by cutting other stuff, for sure. But expanding the dex is a real pain.

Greetings Luuma. I've added a canyon of substantial size to the "113 Ashen Road (0.28)" map. I like to dub it "Seven Stars" due to the presence of 7 craters.

Now, I don't really know whether this sort of thing is out of scope for you, or if what I've made is up to your standards at all (it was my first mapping job ever), but I'd be happy to share the Advance Map file with you, and you would of course be free to do whatever you want with it.

At any rate, thank you for the nice hack.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2022
Just want to check to see if I'm losing my mind. I leveled my Magikarp to 20 and it didn't evolve. So I leveled it to 21 and it didn't evolve. I didn't notice anything in the evolve changes section nor in the known bug section, so please tell me if I found a bug or if I'm becoming a vegetable. Also, absolutely awesome hack. I'm loving it so far.

It says that Magikarp evolves at level 25

luuma

Years
I've added a canyon of substantial size to the "113 Ashen Road (0.28)" map.
Please do send it over! I'm gonna need about 9 huge new maps for a future update, so it'll probably wind up there if anything!
As for where to put entei/raikou...
Lack of dex entry is extremely noticeable when you catch the pokemon: it shows up as a giant black question mark in the "give a nickname" screen :' ( I can add them but it will look intrusively weird. The dex is also a real pain to edit... My plan right now is to use entei/raikou only in the battle frontier and factory, in easter. May add them if I ever add new gen evolutions as postgame content
It says that Magikarp evolves at level 25
no, I updated this after his post. He was right to ask!

Scion Ceph

Old Iron
Years
Fair 'nuff re: pokedex shenanigans. That's an interesting interaction though, with the question mark bit.

Also what's this about a bunch of huge maps? [hand rubbing intensifies] Sounds like a lot of fun in the future.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 11, 2022
Please do send it over! I'm gonna need about 9 huge new maps for a future update, so it'll probably wind up there if anything!

Lack of dex entry is extremely noticeable when you catch the pokemon: it shows up as a giant black question mark in the "give a nickname" screen :' ( I can add them but it will look intrusively weird. The dex is also a real pain to edit... My plan right now is to use entei/raikou only in the battle frontier and factory, in easter. May add them if I ever add new gen evolutions as postgame content

no, I updated this after his post. He was right to ask!

I second the [hand rubbing intensifies] and if my mapping is sufficient for your needs and wants, I would be happy to try my hand at more.

Here's the file https://www.dropbox.com/s/m325le026xmre5c/113 Ashen Road (0.28).map?dl=0 and here's a preview image of the map https://imgur.com/a/qVlDH

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 1, 2018
Sunflora doesn't learn any fire type move, could you fix it for the next update please?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 2, 2018
tumblr_p36jjiI4v21wj5n4xo1_250.png

there appears to be a glitch in sky pillar. the rock right below the trainer in the attached screenshot isnt solid, meaning i can walk over it. this makes it so im stuck in sky pillar. i dont have any pokemon in my party that can learn fly, but if memory serves, you cant fly from sky pillar anyways.

luuma

Years
Sunflora doesn't learn any fire type move
weather ball?
this makes it so im stuck in sky pillar
I'm really sorry about this.
I'll have a patch out for you in a couple days time, along with lots of other minor fixes and changes.
In the meantime, if you're far enough through the game you might be able to escape being trapped by whiting out?
Alternately, here's the walk through walls gameshark code: 7881A409 E2026E0C
8E883EFF 92E9660D

Edit: patch now out. Please be aware that patching this will flip a whole load of abilities round. But it will get you unstuck!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 103
  • Seen Jan 27, 2018
Just found this game. I have enjoyed playing thus far.
Really like the quest for the second bike where i had to look at the flowers, took me awhile...after i found out i was like, OMG.

BTW, Where do you find the tickets for the Ho-ho(i really can't find it at Mt.Pyre)?

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
So huh, i got this item called "????????", what does it do? I'm wondering.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2023
Found a problem involving Pidgeotto. Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but Pidgeotto evolves into...Pidgeotto, instead of Pidgeot.

Back