• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 352 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.1%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 17, 2022
Hi, nice game. I'm currently playing it (the latest patch in this post, 4.2) and got stuck after getting the 4th gym badge, I went to the petalburg gym to beat the dad, but he is there in the entrance and just says that I gotten stronger by looking at the gym badges that I've obtained. Can't pass through the doors they're locked.

I think its a bug since it isn't the normal way this goes at that point.

Any help to get pass through this?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 25, 2022
Also if I may, maybe implement those pokemon from later gens that are in evolution lines of the first 3 gens and maybe megas for those that would have them in modern games?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
Hey, I think there's a glitch when breeding certain pokemon, I was breeding a ditto with a spoink and whenever I go to pick up the egg it crashes my game

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 6, 2023
This is a really good hack so far. One thing I wish it didnt do was change the color palette based on time. The nighttime palette is way too dark. Most people play games at night, so you are spending your entire game in the muted, dark palette. It also is very hard to see anything on original GBA SP backlit screen with those colors. The gaming experience suffers greatly, and all the hard work and excellent content you've made is distracted from by this issue.

My only choice is to set my in game clock so that it's morning starting around 4pm real-time, I suppose.

Edit: Huzzah! I've discovered a solution. On Everdrive 5x Mini, you can use the rom settings option to turn RTC off right when starting the game, which creates the effect of the internal battery running dry, thus stopping time. Super pumped to be able to see! :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 6, 2023
I've been able to play for about 15 hours so far and there are some amazing standout moments, such as the expansion-pack features including Pai canyon and the top of meteor falls.

But there are some obviously bad balancing issues that make the game really annoying, including Watson, Norman, and the hilariously OP keckleon.

Keckleon with protean and 250 base defense and special defense is absurd. It's not fun to battle against, and the only option is basically toxic stall against it's diverse move pool, throwing meat shields until it dies.

Norman's recycle + 50hp healing sitrus berry and stat boosted Porygon is also stupid. Not a fun challenge.

You can barely keep up with the level curve if you battle everyone. Overall this hack relies on you having access to an emulator, which is really frustrating.

Overall it ends up being a frustrating experience, and the rebalancing mostly goes to the wrong people. I still can't use weak mons like hoppip or spoink on my team. Hoppip has no attacks, so even though the support move pool is fantastic, it's an absolute chore to train up and not fun to use after the initial value of charm and safeguard wear off. All I see is OP renditions of already competent mons.

Days
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
dont play if youre using retroarch core. it locks when you interact with rayquaza on sky pillar, using any gba core (mgba, vba m, vba next) and latest hack version (4.2)

a shame the creator dont properly test his work

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I've searched Route 128 Underwater to find Dome fossil for hours, but I couldn't find any 'Fossil' there

Where is Dome fossil?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Is overworld poison supposed to be ticking every single step? My pokemon are fainting within seconds and it's impossible to see the screen because it's garbled on every frame

Back