• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 352 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.1%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters

BlazeKickx

Emerald Trash
Years
Help me! I am stucked at a spooky house, I think its name is Fray Manor (?). Duh, I can't exit the place, I've learned Trick House, I've catched the Ariados, and I keep on repeating that pollice-like guy thingie puzzle(?). Ugh, I'm really stuck here, pls help!

Chaaldnox

GreenEyed_Golem
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 21, 2022
In Rustboro city, there is a girl you need to amuse and input something in there. Is there an answer or is it just there for fun?

Chaaldnox

GreenEyed_Golem
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 21, 2022
Thank you PerceptioN95 for that. I didn't even know that was in emerald. Guess I am just to used to ruby and sapphire.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 19, 2019
My wurmple is level 15 and still hasn't evolved into silcoon/cascoon... What's up with that?

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
patch 2.2.8 is out : )

Absolutely loving this so far, I started playing just over a week ago and this forum has helped answer a lot of questions I've had!

There's only one thing bugging me...the repel system really doesn't work.

I've put out a new patch to fix this, keeping fingers crossed it'll work. Please someone do let me know if repels are fixed now! I've never been able to replicate this glitch so i have no way to check

Hi! I'm up to the last part of the Victory Road, but when I interact with the two last trainers, the game crashes, is this the end of the game or what am I doing wrong?

It's me messing up. I've fixed this now.

I'm enjoying this hack so far, though there's a few snags. I can't get Graveler or Wurmple to evolve, even though they've hit their proper evolution levels. This may have something to do with capture EXP...? It's the only thing I can think of, since I can't exactly open this hack in an editor without a proper .ini.

graveler is just evolving at level 36, it's an error in my evolutions chart. Wurmple was a proper glitch, thanks for spotting it. Came in the last patch where i took out a load of evolution methods, some of which I forgot were still in use. Sorry.

So, I'm just gonna leave this here if anyone notices. Could someone create a TM location guide? Dig isn't anywhere to be found and it's required for THAT puzzle, unless it's either been changed or I'm just blind.

this is in the first post now!

Why can't I get some of the buried items? My itemfinder goes crazy, but I can't get the item. I even thought Dig would be the way to go, but it didn't work. :T

Could you tell me exactly where these are??? They might just be items on a different level to the one you're on. Try talking to the block the item is on from lots of different sides.

Also, there are some invisible walls blocking my passage after the Weather Institute and some other areas previous to this one.

Edit: have found what you were talking about, will put out a patch tomorrow

Is Energy Ball TM in the game? I want to teach it to Vulpix.

I'm afraid it doesn't... You can teach it the tm feint attack in fallarbor town, which isn't too bad?? Also TM Pain Split on route 112

Help me! I am stucked at a spooky house, I think its name is Fray Manor (?). Duh, I can't exit the place, I've learned Trick House, I've catched the Ariados, and I keep on repeating that pollice-like guy thingie puzzle(?). Ugh, I'm really stuck here, pls help!

Try and retrace your steps as best you can. The way you got in will also get you out again! I can post a map of you really need a hand.

Last edited:

luuma

Years
Isnt there any codes for wild pokemon that works?
No, beacuse gameshark codes don't transfer between different games. Luckily there's a complete list of wild pokemon in the first post's FAQ section, so you should check that out!

Quick question but has the Pokemon Locations list been updated? Gotten curious with using a Noctowl and Lanturn in paticular from looking at their move list (and the former's new Psychic typing) in the file but they both seem to only be avaliable quite late game. Would love to use them much earlier.

What a great suggestion! I've moved them earlier in today's patch, hope you enjoy : D

Also fixed the kecleon glitch mentionned by maxdranzer

Patch notes (patch 2.2.9):

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
No, beacuse gameshark codes don't transfer between different games. Luckily there's a complete list of wild pokemon in the first post's FAQ section, so you should check that out!

What a great suggestion! I've moved them earlier in today's patch, hope you enjoy : D

Also fixed the kecleon glitch mentionned by maxdranzer

Patch notes (patch 2.2.9):

Spoiler:

Oh cool you actually loved my relocating suggestion xD Was hoping Hoothoot got moved to Petalburg Forest but Fray Manor is good enough since its before the 3rd gym.

Been thinking of something else for a while though, regarding Shroomish as a starter since your already able to catch one so early on in the forest while the other two you don't find in the wild till mid-late game. Would it be a good idea to replace it with a different grass type as a starter? Or instead maybe move wild Shroomish to a much later location somewhere?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 17, 2023
Just really want to evolve pikachu but i cant find an thunderstone and ive checked everywhere at route 111

luuma

Years
Just really want to evolve pikachu but i cant find an thunderstone and ive checked everywhere at route 111

I'm so sorry!! The first post was meant to say route 110... it's round the back of the entrance to new mauville.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 10, 2022
Hi, I just caught a Pinsir at Level 19 on Route 114 and it has a moveslot with a blank slot and a Normal/Fight-type icon that changes upon changing the screens, I can use it in battle, but when I try to remove or check any of it's moves, the app crashes, is this a bug?

luuma

Years
where do you buy elemental stones?

You buy elemental stones in the battle frontier house with a little white fence. it's the house nearest the exchange service corner.

Hi, I just caught a Pinsir at Level 19 on Route 114 and it has a moveslot with a blank slot and a Normal/Fight-type icon that changes upon changing the screens, I can use it in battle, but when I try to remove or check any of it's moves, the app crashes, is this a bug?
It's definitely a glitch, just hotfixed this with a patch, really sry!

also removed poison damage while I was at it, so now Poison Heal shouldn't be so awkward use.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 10, 2022
It's definitely a glitch, just hotfixed this with a patch, really sry!

also removed poison damage while I was at it, so now Poison Heal shouldn't be so awkward use.

Thanks about that! I just patched my ROM with the newest version, and I noticed that the Celebi I caught got several changes, is the Word document being updated with this? Or could you tell me how it's stats and movepool have been modified?

Also, I forgot to mention that the move tutor in the Forest Rapids wasn't working properly either, glad to see that was fixed too!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 18, 2023
I can't seem to get it to work, be it a clean patched rom or the gba file from elsewhere, i don't know what i'm doing wrong. It just shows a white screen

Back