• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Favorite Manga Series?

Years
Dragon Ball - classic maybe nothing special for some of you but for me this are old times.
If we talk about Akira Toriyama and something related with Dragon Ball - Jaco and Sandland [this one is not related with DB, just similar characters, Akira style and different story]
p.s also if can choose more: DR Slump and Love HIna

What is your favorite manga series?

Years
Dragon Ball - classic maybe nothing special for some of you but for me this are old times.
If we talk about Akira Toriyama and something related with Dragon Ball - Jaco and Sandland [this one is not related with DB, just similar characters, Akira style and different story]
p.s also if can choose more: DR Slump and Love HIna

What is your favorite manga series?

I don't have nostalgia for Dragon Ball's manga itself, but what I have read is a fun read. Also re: Jaco, did you know it has an English release, at least in the US?

Dr Slump is also fun from what I've read.

And Love Hina is actually one of my favorites. A top favorite that was among the first to come to mind. Other series that sit in my favorites at the moment are: Pokemon Special/Adventures, Genshiken, A.I. Love You, Negima!, Himouto! Umaru-chan, and K-On!. Granted, I haven't read anything in a few months due to simply not having the energy to read anything, but those are all the favorites that came to mind.

Years
Honestly I haven't read much in the way of manga but I really enjoyed the manga versions of Aoi Hana and Hourou Musuko.

Years
I don't have nostalgia for Dragon Ball's manga itself, but what I have read is a fun read. Also re: Jaco, did you know it has an English release, at least in the US?

Dr Slump is also fun from what I've read.

And Love Hina is actually one of my favorites. A top favorite that was among the first to come to mind. Other series that sit in my favorites at the moment are: Pokemon Special/Adventures, Genshiken, A.I. Love You, Negima!, Himouto! Umaru-chan, and K-On!. Granted, I haven't read anything in a few months due to simply not having the energy to read anything, but those are all the favorites that came to mind.

Yes, Jaco has English release.
I got it from Amazon. Released by VizMedia - find here

K-On! - I know why you like it, good manga and anime.
But i need to finish Genshiken - don't remember when I finished this one.

Forgot, I can recommend Seven Deadly Sins and Assasination Classroom manga. Worth to read it.

Years
To be honest, I quite like the Naruto manga.

I dunna if I'd really call it amazing, but having always been a Naruto fan and a fan of the story, I much prefer the main bulk of the series in manga form.. mostly for obvious reasons. The anime had too much boring filler, and it's insane how much faster the manga felt for the first quarter. Admittedly the Post Timeskip, it gets a bit slower, but considering the filler arcs in the anime, it's still notably faster.

Years
Honestly I haven't read much in the way of manga but I really enjoyed the manga versions of Aoi Hana and Hourou Musuko.

Manga tends to be nice for light reading.

Yes, Jaco has English release.
I got it from Amazon. Released by VizMedia - find here

K-On! - I know why you like it, good manga and anime.
But i need to finish Genshiken - don't remember when I finished this one.

Forgot, I can recommend Seven Deadly Sins and Assasination Classroom manga. Worth to read it.

I actually own the Viz copy of Jaco.

Genshiken was finished but then got started back up again and recently finished the second run.

I own a few Seven Deadly Sins volumes but haven't started reading it yet.

Assassination Classroom is a series I've been reading and I've liked it more than I expected because it's less violent than I expected.

To be honest, I quite like the Naruto manga.

I dunna if I'd really call it amazing, but having always been a Naruto fan and a fan of the story, I much prefer the main bulk of the series in manga form.. mostly for obvious reasons. The anime had too much boring filler, and it's insane how much faster the manga felt for the first quarter. Admittedly the Post Timeskip, it gets a bit slower, but considering the filler arcs in the anime, it's still notably faster.

A favorite manga doesn't have to be amazing, but it's just your favorite. Usually that includes that you find it amazing, but it doesn't have to.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I haven't read many manga. But my favorite is Attack on Titan. Probably because it's the only one I read that's still on and I wait a month just for some pages, but I love it.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
My favourite manga would have to be Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Granted, I've only read 4 out of the 8 parts so far, but they've all been so solid and fun to read, and with Part 4 you can really tell his story telling has improved, just all around great battles and a bunch of memes too.

I'm a huge fan of Yugioh too and especially Pokemon Adventures, holy crap Pokemon Adventures is all I wanted in Pokemon, of what I read so far, RS is my favourite arc, but Red/Blue, Yellow and X&Y are all great too!

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
Years
Fullmetal Alchemist and Full Moon wo Sagashite hold very special places in my heart. Especially Fullmetal. Considering I was going through a very rough time when I started watch and reading it, I can credit it for being the reason why I am still alive.

And Full Moon was my first title by Ariana Tanemura and the first manga I actually completed. I still love it, and I honestly consider it her greatest work.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 24, 2022
Taiyou no Ie is genuinenly amazing and I'd recommend anyone who is even slightly interested in the Shoujo genre to check it out. It does everything you'd want a Shoujo to do while also managing to be a proper heartwarming story about what it means to be a family.

The Soul Eater manga stands as probably my favorite shounen manga series. It doesn't try too hard to be more than what it says on the cover while also being stylish and charming. The characters are fun, the world is set up brilliantly and the concepts it tackles are great. Also Maka is adorable. Very adorable.

For something lighter, Horimiya is great to pick up. It's a relatively simple manga about a high school couple and the friends surrounding them, but the chemistry between the characters are top notch.

Back