• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you gotten 100% completion on any games?

Years
    • Online now
    Making this topic, because I finally achieved 100% completion on grand theft auto 5!

Spoiler:

It took me nearly a year...actually, I think I started around April 2017.

I'm interested to hear though, has anybody gotten to 100% on any games? And which ones were they?

string555

Banned
    Years
  • I don't think I ever have. I got pretty damn close on OoT:MM for the N64, but I never got around to getting the item you get from collecting all the fairies in the 4th dungeon and the last heart containers.

I think I just don't give enough dedication to any one game, instead I hop around a lot for fun. :D

Years
    • Online now
    I don't think I ever have. I got pretty damn close on OoT:MM for the N64, but I never got around to getting the item you get from collecting all the fairies in the 4th dungeon and the last heart containers.

I think I just don't give enough dedication to any one game, instead I hop around a lot for fun. :D

I managed to get 100% on Majoras Mask, although I used a walkthrough for most of it. Still, even following along with YouTube videos, it took me several months.

I can understand not wanting to dedicate so much time into one game though, and it'll probably be a long time before I do it again.

But it's very satisfying to finally be finished.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    soooooo close to 100%ing Final fantasy 1, and skyrim. In FF1, I maxed levels, got every possible spell, did pretty much everything, I just need to finish the bestiary. There's a few enemies that have a small chance of spawning on the last 10 floors of a randomized 40 floor dungeon, so... yeah. fun.

For skyrim, I pretty much did every quest on my xbox file, except the stones of barenziah quest, because my game was glitched and a few didn't appear. I gotta 100% more games lol

Edit: I'm also super close to 100%ing Super mario odyssey. I've got every moon, but there aren't 9999 coins in my inventory and that bothers me :p
    I did however 100% both Galaxy 1 and 2.

Last edited:

TY

I 100%ed Borderlands 1 a long time ago on PS3 (got all legendaries, pearlescents and did all quests), other than that nothing really noteworthy (few RTS games but thats just beat the campaign with all sidemissions achieved, if there are any)

Years
  • a couple

some of these might not be considered 100% if they have extra difficulties that add nothing, or just grinding for hours to make a number hit its cap. I don't consider achievements for 100%, so I might have a platinum trophy and not completed some games and vice versa.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Metroid Fusion, Zero Mission, AM2R, Pokémon Moon... That's all I can think of. I wanted to get 100% trophies in SSBB but some achievements are too difficult.

Years
    • Seen today
    Yeah, on some games. But I never 100% any Pokemon games, I never completed my Pokedex. Some of them are:

1. Samurai Warriors 2. I unlocked and maxed all character's stats, unlocked all their skills, and got all their ultimate weapons. And I unlocked all the best horses. Basically got everything I can get.

2. Chocobo Racing. Unlocked all secret characters, 100 points custom characters, and of course the Bahamut class.

3. Mega Man X4. 100% on every playable characters.

S-MAN

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah, on some games. But I never 100% any Pokemon games, I never completed my Pokedex. Some of them are:
    2. Chocobo Racing. Unlocked all secret characters, 100 points custom characters, and of course the Bahamut class.
    Dude! Yes! Unfortunately for me last I played I was only able to get a 99 point custom character with chocobo.. And for some reason I don't think I noticed the Bahamut class on grand prix mode.. When I first found out about the secret characters when I was a child on the internet I didn't understand the R1 + R2...etc.. So I eventually dismissed it as fake. Fast forward a couple years and I randomly pressed some of the buttons while on the screen and noticed it changed.. And replayed it to finally play them. When I got to Sid's ship I was like "WEEEWWWW!" Lol. I never got to race with somebody on my level. My brother was always a disappointment for Chocobo Racing. If it wasn't a shooter (which I hate) I normally beat him.

As far as other games go.. My very 1st game 100% completion was Crash Bandicoot 2- there were no time trials included in the original version and I was very eager to collect the gems... What a great game. Then came the third installment of the game (with 105% I believe for this one..) where I did complete the time trials getting platinum relics and even tried to beat some of the world records.. Got barely close to some on NTSC-US; and I got to see the Fake Crash easter eggs.

As far as the first original game which was kind of the hardest, the sad part the game was 100% completed many years after I have already owned it, so technically I never really got a true 100% completion before that but I was very pleased with how everything was organized to collecting the last gem... The area which I had never seen before had this very tearful moment where you're like aww this is just beautiful work by the designers.

Ape Escape 1 was one of the most rewarding games to complete.. I never completed 100% when I was younger truly because it was optional with the time trials having like bronze/silver/gold. But I was happy to see that when I took it serious later I did eventually get my 100%. Time trials are one of the best after-game features in majority of games in my opinion.. And Ape Escape may be my #1 favorite game (US version... I didn't like the voices in the PAL versions..) The remake's voices were also kinda a letdown..

Overall I've been notorious to myself for leaving many games incomplete throughout my life. I have a hard time already staying interested with majority of games that offer little replay value or just simply aren't that great. Platformers have always been my go to and the only racing game being Chocobo Racing and Crash Team Racing. I've been playing the same Pokemon leaf green cartridge for nearly 9 years on and off because I still look forward to getting the national dex complete as well as my trainer card getting 5 star platinum color. I take my time with this one and in no real rush..

Ironically though hindsight 20/20... I find most games that have too much content to be a turnoff.. Sometimes you just want to know when it can be completed and over with you know? Games that require over 300+ hours to not even 100% complete is kind of crazy. I've had this problem with my wife where we played Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate together and after 150+ hours I got bored with it and she was getting more and more interested in it.. So in the end I was a real letdown to her on that :frown: I guess open worlds won't really have a place for me in the world? That's about all I can recall for now. Looking back I think my first technically completed game was Parappa the Rappa which was technically the first game I picked for the Ps1 console :laugh-squinted: It had such little content... Yet I was able to play it many times after.. Weird huh?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Dude! Yes! Unfortunately for me last I played I was only able to get a 99 point custom character with chocobo.. And for some reason I don't think I noticed the Bahamut class on grand prix mode.. When I first found out about the secret characters when I was a child on the internet I didn't understand the R1 + R2...etc.. So I eventually dismissed it as fake. Fast forward a couple years and I randomly pressed some of the buttons while on the screen and noticed it changed.. And replayed it to finally play them. When I got to Sid's ship I was like "WEEEWWWW!" Lol. I never got to race with somebody on my level. My brother was always a disappointment for Chocobo Racing. If it wasn't a shooter (which I hate) I normally beat him.
    Yea, that airship is one fast guy, lol. Play him in Vulcan-O Valley (Behemoth's stage) and you will fly like crazy. xD

Have you ever tried playing Cactuar and Jack? xD

Oh wow, I used to play Ape Escape, Crash Bandicoot and CTR too. Played them with friends and family a lot, but never actually 100% them.

S-MAN

Banned
    Years
  • Yea, that airship is one fast guy, lol. Play him in Vulcan-O Valley (Behemoth's stage) and you will fly like crazy. xD

Have you ever tried playing Cactuar and Jack? xD

Oh wow, I used to play Ape Escape, Crash Bandicoot and CTR too. Played them with friends and family a lot, but never actually 100% them.

Cactuar is my favorite character!! I would go so far to attempt to beat my brother with it. If you haven't tried this I recommend it: Use Cactuar and Jack's knife ability. Since you're almost always last the ability stays on until you get first place and it's hella fun!!! ZOOOOOOOM...... but it's more like zooooooooom
    I never completed CTR 100% because technically them time trials being very difficult... And I never got to unlock N.tropy but maybe I did?... But essentially with time trial mode if you get a fast enough time you'll be challenged by N.Oxide to race him against his time.. Which I only got to attempt for maybe 1-3 maps?.. I don't remember.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Cactuar is my favorite character!! I would go so far to attempt to beat my brother with it. If you haven't tried this I recommend it: Use Cactuar and Jack's knife ability. Since you're almost always last the ability stays on until you get first place and it's hella fun!!! ZOOOOOOOM...... but it's more like zooooooooom
    Yup, I used that Cactuar + Gunblade combination, it's fun. xD
    Kind of tricky to find the correct timing to activate the ability for the last time, to make sure you are 1st until the finish line. And it's countered hard by Bahamut's Mega Flare and Black Magician's Magic Plus, since high level magic attack would remove the ability.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I was planning to get all of the achievements for Terraria, but my computer for some reason deleted all of my games including Terraria and I haven't had the heart to redownload it even though I'm pretty sure everything probably saved.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • I have 100% in Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3 on the PS1 way back then.

I couldn't be bothered to obtain 100% on games nowadays though.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Just going off of my Steam collection here, 11.

Most recent one I got was iBomber Defense: Pacific. Currently jumping between Brink and 7 Days to Die right now, and I'll proably finish off the timed achievements for Magicmaker next.

Guest123123

I've never gotten 100%. I've tried in a few games (most recently Soup or Mario Odyssey) but there always ends up being a few things that are either above what I'm able to do or above my level of patience to do. I still do try to complete as much as I can, though.

Back