• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Additional content

pkmin3033

FRLG had the Sevii Islands. HGSS had a ridiculous amount of new content, from following Pokemon to a brand new Safari Zone. ORAS had the Delta Episode and Ultra Wormholes. Remakes or not, it's a fairly safe bet that BDSP will have additional content that wasn't in the originals. What form would you like this to take? Would you be satisfied with a "Distortion World episode" feature Giratina and Looker modelled after Platinum's differences, or would you like something else?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I hope they do make a Distortion World Episode and maybe combine it with the resort island in the north that you go in post game. I will really love them to make the Resort Island a lot more useful, give us a better reason to go there.

As for what else I'd like, I'd love to see more of Sinjoh since they started it in HGSS.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 11, 2021
    This is a repost of my comment on the Additional Pokemon thread.

A big worry for a lot of people , myself included is that these will be 3D versions of Diamond and Pearl with nothing new. This is really my response to that. I personally think we will get more Pokemon and content from Platinum to some extent at the very least.

My reasonings and evidence(Keep in mind that this is just my reasoning and logic. Some of these points will be stronger than others imo.) :

1)We see the player using a Porygon Z, which wasn't available until the post game in DP. I don't get why they would show a scene from the post-game in the reveal trailer.

2) We see the blonde lady in Floaroma who is from Platinum and gives you the Gracidea flower. (This one isn't that strong imo)

3) We see the player fighting a Garchomp in what seems to be a cave. The only trainer in all of DP that uses a Garchomp is CYNTHIA. The only other trainer that uses a Garchomp is a Dragon Tamer in the postgame. And that was Platinum.

4)If they are staying faithful to the OG DP, then the Regigigas quest should be apart of the post-game. In the OG DP, you have to transfer over 3 Regis from RSE to DP in order to access Regigigas. Now this is the part that we need to wait for more information. I don't see these games connecting with SWSH tbh so the original method of doing the Regi Quest is moot. But in Platinum, you could catch all the regis if you have a Fateful Encounter Regigigas. But I doubt they are going to give away a Regigigas until later if they do it at all. This whole quest is going to need to be changed.

5) We have about 8-9 months until the game comes out. Would they just show off redesigned areas and characters until the game comes out? I doubt it. It doesn't make sense.

We only have a reveal trailer to go off of. So we should probably wait for more information to make a more solid guess. I'm cautiously optimistic, emphasis on cautiously. Let's hope for the best.

Years
  • I want something unique that sets these games apart from their predecessors. Elements from the original games have gone stale by now and it's always good to keep things up to date (so to speak).

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I would hope they include Giratina in some way and no just have it sitting in a cave somewhere. The perfect opportunity to use the Distortion World. Though I honestly don't have my hopes too high as I was quite disappointed with ORAS. I hope they prove me wrong.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • All I can see is them pulling from Platinum, and that's it. Maybe they'll update the Battle Tower, or something, or add a small post game, but I can't see it being much. Pokemon rarely has a meaty postgame.

Years
  • Idk, i obviously hope for the best, but looking at facts it's different. What i mean is that in my opinion we can't expect a remake like the older ones. Firstly, these games have a total different design, while the older ones looked exactly like the generation in which they were released (in this case they should look like swo/shi but we got smol down instead), secondly older remakes had the full Pokedex, and here it's quite sure we will probably have only gen 1 to gen 4 Pokémon, almost like a let's go game, in some way.
    Then, the website (the Italian, at least) says that those games will have the exact same story and they highlight how everything was kept equal to the original games. Now, this is something weird because if we add a "giratina event" then the story isn't exactly the same. I think it's quite cryptic but I personally wouldn't exclude a giratina or even an Arceus episode added to the original story. Plus, we don't have the cover yet, which could mean new dialga and Palkia forms, but, again, if it was like that then the story wouldn't be "exactly the same" as they say on the website. Now, realistically, what I expect is that platinum won't be considered except the new Pokemon introduced only in that game, that's why we can see the lady who was only in Pokémon Platinum. I also think that if we have a chance to visit again the distortion world, we shouldn't have high expectations: maybe it's gonna just be the short exploration to get the grigeous orb and nothing more.

Years
  • I do not expect any post game or any updates to the game after launch. I feel it'd just be the main game and that's it. As much as I want to see post launch updates and such added, no way is it happening.

Back