• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen 8 move animation project [DISCONTINUED]

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    The Sprite is very nice.
    By the way,I wonder how to make shiny pokemon and normal one use different Dragon Darts animation sprite?

Years
    • Seen today
    Wait, you're making ALL the animations?
    Please post the animations progressively instead. When you are done with one animation, post it. This way, I can monitor what you are doing. Otherwise I won't have news from you, and if you take two months to make them all, I'll end up feeling you left the project.

Also, I forgot to tell you: please make a ZIP file with everything inside, do not post the files in separate places (you made two attached files + two external links).

I make it one by one....so you can see I make the animation or not..
    I make one animation, I'll post it. not one pack.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen today
    I made sprites for Dreepy about Dragon Darts. Feel free to use them, just give me credits if so:
    unknown.png

Yeah, I forgot to mention, I am learning pixel art as I am making animations, so some of my sprites may look pathetic XD
    Thanks, I will soon update Dragon Darts using your sprites.

The Sprite is very nice.
    By the way,I wonder how to make shiny pokemon and normal one use different Dragon Darts animation sprite?

It's easy, but it will require a tiny bit of scripting (change the hit number when shiny). I don't want to do that right now.

I make it one by one....so you can see I make the animation or not..
    I make one animation, I'll post it. not one pack.

Nice :)

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Yep, we can do a code to recognize when pokémon is shiny or not while using Dragon Darts, no worries.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I find the Animations List has a max size 1250.
    How can I break this limit?
    Thanks in advance.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    I find the Animations List has a max size 1250.
    How can I break this limit?
    Thanks in advance.

When you see the list of animations, there is an option to "resize the list of animations".

2021-03-18-001.png

Years
    • Seen today
    Sorry I'm late....
    Cuz I have problem with sfx move..
    So...I just make a animation without sfx..
    every I playing the sfx in animation editor, always getting error.
    If you want to add your own sfx , you can edit for yourself.
    sorry for that...I have trouble with animation editor.

This pack Contains :
    - Eerie Spell
    - Thunderous Kick
    - Freezing Glare

Next :
    - Fiery Wrath
    - ThunderCage
    - DragonEnergy
    - Glacial Lance
    - Astral Barrage

Sorry for my bad english
    I speak Indonesian

Attachments

• DLC 2 part 1.zip
      2.5 MB · Views: 8

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    Sorry I'm late....

This pack Contains :
    - Eerie Spell
    - Thunderous Kick
    - Freezing Glare

Next :
    - Fiery Wrath
    - ThunderCage
    - DragonEnergy
    - Glacial Lance
    - Astral Barrage

Sorry for my bad english
    I speak Indonesian

DUDE...
    Your animations are awesome!
    I have a problem with Thunderous Kick though. It is awesome, but it doesn't really feel "thunderous". I made one based on Thunder Punch (just changing the punch with a kick).
    EDIT: I changed my mind and took your animation. The "Thunderous" feel is now found in the sounds.

Some advice.
    I noticed that your animations were made with the "Screen" focus.
    To change that, click on the "Cel focus" in the Animations Editor. This allows you to change the focus of the cels you are using. If you choose "User", then the cel will "attach" to the user of the move, "Target" will attach the cels to the target of the move, and "User and Target" will basically attach the cells to the line between the user and the target.
    For example, in Freezing Glare, all the cels directly work on the target, so their focus should be "Target". Also, in Eerie Spell, the first part works on the user of the move, and the second part, on the target of the move. So, for the first part, the cels should have their focus on the User (click on the cel to select it, then right click, then "Properties", and then "Focus", and choose "User"), and on the second part, the cels should have their focus on the target (choose "Target" in the properties of the cels).
    Moves like Hyperbeam that draw a (big) line, or moves like Leech Seed that "throw" stuff at the opponent should have a focus "User and Target", because the animation needs to know where the user is, and also, where the target is, so that it feels like the user is throwing the Leech Seeds at the target.
    The "Screen" focus should only be used for things that affect the field, not directly Pokémons, like weather or terrains. Beware, it is chosen by default when you make an animation, and when you use "Tweening", the created cels always focus on the Screen, even if you changed the default target. This is a terrible tool.

What is it for? It's in order to auto-make a animation for when the opponent uses the move. For example, Freezing Glare animation only works on the target, so when the opponent uses the move, its target will be your Pokémon (the Pikachu in the animation editor). It allows you to skip making an "OppMove" animation. Besides, in double or triple battles, the users and targets will not necessarily be at the same positions that the Pikachu or Charizard, so most animatoins need to know where the users and targets are.
    Note that you should make an OppMove animation when this automatically-created OppMove looks terrible, which happens half of the time when using the "User and Target", and always when usgin the "Screen" focus.

Hope this was clear! :)

ardicoozer said:
    Sorry I'm late....

Don't worry, I'm taking time myself (I'm discovering pixel art + I'm busy with work).
    What error do you get from the animation editor? Can you make a thread in the forum?
    And to be honest... Everybody has a hard time with the animation editor. This is the reason why I didn't want to make all animations myself (Dark Souls kinda made me masochistic but not to that point) and this is also the reason why almost nobody makes animations ^^"

But, awesome work man. You're good at animations.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Thanks!
    My font is too large so I didnt see the right arrow before.It's embarrassing...

DarrylBD99

Content Creator and Game Developer
    Years
  • So, I have managed to finish off the animation for Aura Wheel.

And also, there may have been some animation sheets missing in the google drive download (including pyro ball), and I am pretty sure it is updated since Dragon Darts uses the new dreepys...

Anyway, here is the download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/zcqv2gfxalrvkpx/Aura_Wheel.zip/file

Edit: so um... I realised lots of the animations uses pokemon reborn stuff as well... but maybe only pyro ball...

Last edited:

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    This pack Contains :
    - Eerie Spell
    - Thunderous Kick
    - Freezing Glare

EDIT: I put your version of Thunderous Kick. I realised the original animation doesn't really feel "Thunderous" either, and besides, your animation was very good. I could give the "thunderous" feel with the sound effect, so no worries.
    Thanks for your good work! :)

So, I have managed to finish off the animation for Aura Wheel.

Awesome too! :D
    And the cel focus is right, everything is right, and you also make a video to show us :)

And also, there may have been some animation sheets missing in the google drive download (including pyro ball), and I am pretty sure it is updated since Dragon Darts uses the new dreepys...

Edit: so um... I realised lots of the animations uses pokemon reborn stuff as well... but maybe only pyro ball...
    You're right, I forgot to had the animation sheet for Pyro ball. The rest should be good.
    And yes, I am using the ressources from Reborn. This is because I don't want to spend too much time making pixel art animation sheets... ^^"

I'm happy with the progress we're making. I didn't know you people were that good at making animations!

Last edited:

DarrylBD99

Years
  • Ok... so on the next day after finishing my homework, I will start working on the animation for jungle healing and I wont be available until like after May cause of a very important exam I have to take. But after that, I might do steel beam and surging strikes if they are not taken by the time I am finished with exams.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2021
    i tried doing the pokemon rebound animations it worked successfully but when using flare
    blitz or mind blown it gives me the wrong animation

DarrylBD99

Years
  • Ok... so on the next day after finishing my homework, I will start working on the animation for jungle healing and I wont be available until like after May cause of a very important exam I have to take. But after that, I might do steel beam and surging strikes if they are not taken by the time I am finished with exams.

Um... on second thought, Jungle Healing took way less effort than I thought considering I can use pokemon reborn stuff... do I need to post the Pokemon Reborn SFX and Animation Graphics?

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    Um... on second thought, Jungle Healing took way less effort than I thought considering I can use pokemon reborn stuff... do I need to post the Pokemon Reborn SFX and Animation Graphics?

No, just post the new Graphics/SFX, and the ANM file ^^

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    Added Flip-Turn/Scorching Sands/Grassy Glide.
    I'm still working on Snap Trap but I'm having a hard time drawing the trap, so I thought I'd work on some easier moves ^^"

Last edited:
    Back