• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should I worry about mythics for a 'complete' pokedex

Years
  • Hi, the question I have is more on the topic of mythics should I worry about getting them for the pokedex? I'm gonna get as many pokemon as I can but I'm aiming for a complete pokedex even if I don't get mythicals would the pokedex be considered
    Complete? (In your opinions)

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Depends on what you're trying to do and on what game.

If it's something like RBY, then why not just route the Mew glitch in somewhere? For (Virtual Console) Crystal you can get the GS Ball legally. In BDSP, if you have save data from SwSh or LGPE you can get a free mythical and stuff like that.

But generally speaking, the diploma requirements for pretty much any game exclude Mythicals, so I'd say that Game Freak themselves think you can ignore mythics altogether.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Personally views Mythicals as unnecessary. Never requires them for the Pokedex completion award. Locked many of them behind out-of-game methods.

Years
  • If we're talking about Home and you want the Original Color Magearna, then yes, you need them. Though iirc you just need to have their Dex entries, so you can touch trade for them.

For in-game PokeDexes you don't need them to be considered 'complete'.
    So it depends. If it's an in-game PokeDex and you're not a completionist you don't necessarily need them just to have the Dex checked of as complete by the game.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Mythicals don't count towards a "completed" Pokedex in most games. You can skip them, and still get a complete Pokedex certificate.

Years
  • If we're talking about Home and you want the Original Color Magearna, then yes, you need them. Though iirc you just need to have their Dex entries, so you can touch trade for them.

For in-game PokeDexes you don't need them to be considered 'complete'.
    So it depends. If it's an in-game PokeDex and you're not a completionist you don't necessarily need them just to have the Dex checked of as complete by the game.

I'm a bit of a completionist, and I'm using the home pokedex, for this it's harder to track them in certain games, I'm just trying to do something I've said since I was a kid I've wanted to do, even if I can't catch them all 100% does coming close count?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Unfortunately, most of the mythicals are locked behind past events or pay walls (buying something like the Colosseum bonus disc for the GBA era Jirachi costs more than several full games). Thankfully, there are various cloning exploits that helps distribute these otherwise very elusive Pokémon. I wouldn't worry about it if you cannot obtain the mythicals. I didn't obtain some myself like Zarude, but was able to touch trade it for my Home dex.

Back