• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen what did you scream at the top of your lungs when you heard the news?

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
My reaction had its up and downs. Wasn't super duper hyped honestly.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
"oh, i remember them saying there was gonna be some announcement. cool. i'll go see what's new later."

then

"...holy crap i hope that's not what they're really calling them"

fortunately I found out shortly after that the names did have at least some reasoning behind them. Maybe. d:

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
My initial reaction was screaming HOLY CRAP!!! And my fiancee comes in and asks what is going on lol. I told her to watch the trailer and shes all like, awwww Fennekin is sooooooo cute. I cannot wait!

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I was watching live at 6am and I couldn't really scream, lest I wake up not only my roommate but our neighbors, too. I mean, my roommate probably wouldn't have minded (after she woke up I showed her the vid and she actually did scream) but the neighbors...

But if I was able to scream, well the nostalgia pangs hurt quite a deal, but when Iwata said they were going to release two new games I would definitely have started screaming. Then the actual footage happened and I just sort of exploded, lol! xD

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Noooo! My Ruby and Sapphire remake! Where are thoouuuuuu! D':

Hmm, a trailer? =/

Oh my god, a 3D Pikachu o.o

WHAT THE GRAPHICS?! THESE ARE AWESOME

LOL, LEWK AT DOSE FANNY POKMANZ

POKEMON X AND Y?! LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER THAN GEN V.

WOOT!!!11!1one!!!1!

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
TUMBLR DASHBOARD IS EXPLODING WITH POKEMON OMG I AM SO DONE WITH YOU GUYS

I saw the news when the people I follow suddenly exploded in feels. Then I got excited too, I guess.

Years
I was awed throughout the entire trailer. Unable to speak and unable to breath. It was 3 AM for me and after the Announcement was over, I stayed awake until 5:20 AM all from excitement.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I didn't scream! I was more like "wheeeeeeee" and such IRL but very quietly and only while doing the dishes. XD;

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
I was looking at the 3D graphics but said "ehh, it could be better" but the new Pokemon announced totally blew my mind! I mean, they have a great design! Not to mention Munchlax was featured in the trailer too! See it again and there it is!

Second time the admin posted above me, double yay

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
It was 3 am so I couldn't really watch the thing live. This morning I woke up at 7 am to check twitter, just to see the majority of my followers EXCITED about this so-called game, and shortly thereafter my friends text me the same thing. So, it was something I should hear about. After finding the announcement on Youtube, my eyes widened and my jaw dropped with excitement throughout the video. I couldn't contain it. And, I knew there would be a new generation all along. Just that I WAS UNSURE! lol

This is also a wake up call for me because I don't have a 3DS and I should save up some money to get one. I really, really should.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Change of Heart?

I'll admit, when I first saw the Pokemon of this Generation, I very much detested them. I mean, a Pokemon shaped in a "Y"? Come on.

Those thoughts were whirling around in my head today, feeling extremely disappointed. But, after thinking about it, I've had a complete overhaul in my opinion. I've realized just how creative these Pokemon are, they are actually really epic and simply imaginative. I don't think I'll ever stop loving Pokemon, simply because of new Pokemon, because in truth, Pokemon will always be special, one way or another. :)

So who else had a change of heart? Did you hate the Pokemon at first, then grew fond of them? Do you STILL not like them? Direct your feelings here. :D

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
My "change of heart" was sort of the opposite, hehe, and on a more minor scale.
I have loved Xerneas from the start, and Fennekin and Froakie aren't all that bad. I still loathe Cheskin (or whatever the thing is called...) but I am willing to tolerate it.
Yveltal, in the beginning I liked, but now, I'm beginning to lose excitement for it... whereas I want to know more and more about Xerneas! Xerneas feels like (in my humble opinion) the only real legendary we've ever had, because it actually gives me an emotion of being mythical and elusive... and I'm so curious about it!

So overall, I'm still incredibly excited for this generation, but I do admit Yveltal appears less appealing than I originally thought. In my opinion.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Given this thread is also about initial reactions/thoughts about it, merged your thread with this one.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
If I said what I actually did say, the first word would be censored XD; It was something along the lines of "HECK, YES!" Then I immediately went to talk about it with others, even though it was roughly eight in the morning and I had gone to bed at four. I set an alarm for six, but I must've slept through it :C

Back