• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeavenEarth: Dinomyte (137/170)

icycatelf

Alex
Years
  • It has been quite a while since my last fake card, but since Thebluevibrava has assisted the HeavenEarth Version project by making Sugi-Art, I decided to make some cards using these illustrations. I'm well aware that my fonts and placement are somewhat off.

HeavenEarth: Dinomyte (137/170)

Fakemon design credits to me and Thebluevibrava.
    Artwork credit to Thebluevibrava.

EDIT: I just noticed how the name of the Poke-Body is "Heat Pulse" while the effect text refers to it as "Heat Impulse." Oops.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Kouga... that is amazing. The art is flawless, great stuff!

Be sure to keep in mind that I didn't do the artwork. I know I usually do the art for my fakes, but I fail at Sugi-style, and I wanted my Fakemon in Sugi-style. Now my project has a Sugi-artist, so I used Thebluevibrava's artwork for my Fakemon. I'm sure he'll appreciate your comment.

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
    Years
  • Be sure to keep in mind that I didn't do the artwork. I know I usually do the art for my fakes, but I fail at Sugi-style, and I wanted my Fakemon in Sugi-style. Now my project has a Sugi-artist, so I used Thebluevibrava's artwork for my Fakemon. I'm sure he'll appreciate your comment.
    I found a tutorial on how to make Sugi-style art. I think it is on the thread of Pokémon Amethyst (fangame) and Wichu posted it there. You might ask him about that, if you're interested.

Years
  • I saw that banner in your sig and was like, wow what game is this!
    Now i see the potential it holds.
    Great job man

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Todoroki said:
    I found a tutorial on how to make Sugi-style art. I think it is on the thread of Pokémon Amethyst (fangame) and Wichu posted it there. You might ask him about that, if you're interested.

I've seen a few Sugi-style tutorials, but I can't seem to pull it off. Could it be 'cause none of them have been for GIMP? *shrugs*

Todoroki said:
    I saw that banner in your sig and was like, wow what game is this!
    Now i see the potential it holds.
    Great job man

Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Looks cool
    It'll be nice if you are planning on making more.

Nitrous Oxide

Korporate Amerika
    Years
  • When I judge cards, I judge them based on how much they look like an actual card, and while the art is one part, I think you should try to make the font and stuff match. Otherwise, I can't give a fair comment, especially since I'm all about the technical aspect and could care less if something looks like Sugimori art or not. Oh, and Sugimori rarely provides the illustrations for cards nowadays.

Back