• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Suloku Patch] (Fin)

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2021
    Hey friends! I think my buddies and I are playing a non updated version of this great game. What would you all recommend as the best way to play the game right now? Need some help!

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    Hey I'm at the part with jessie and james being sick and I don't know if this the end of the beta or not if not then where do I go from here?

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Hi, PiaCRT! Just finished the main part of the story after beating the champion and a bit of the post game stuff like catching Aerodactyl. Do you know when the complete version will be expected? Also, I totally love how you used both the HGSS pokeathlon finals gameboy version theme as well as the Hoenn champion theme for the trainer and gym leader themes respectively. PLEASE keep them for the final version! I love the gym theme so much, is it possible for you guys to have gym leader rematches as well as a champion rematch? I'm assuming that the post game (I'm stuck I think at the pirate island part as none of the buildings are enterable and I can't use able HM mechanics there) involves going to Kanto. Do you have plans of involving Johto as well plus challenging their respective leagues?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Online now
    What emulator works best for this now? I've tried mGBA, VBA, and bgb and none of them even boot up the game as it freezes the moment I open the file.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    Hey yo I'm at the part of the game where jessie and james are sick and I wanted to know where I go from there and also where can I find waterfall?

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2023
    Does the Crystal Onix have the type effectiveness of a regular Onix? It seems to resist Fire (in the anime, it resisted Water, but was weak to Fire), also it is weak to Grass, so I suppose it indeed has the same matchups.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2023
    Maybe I'm dense, but I can't seem to find an ice stone for vulpix. Approaching level 50 and route 66. Can someone kindly point where I went wrong?

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Good evening. I'm nearing the 4th gym and goodness gracious, I'm blown away by this hack. The amount of features and little additions is astounding. Things like the Pinkan Pokemon, the regional variants, new HMs, the evening time of day, heck - When I surfed UNDER a walkway on my way to Murcott, I jumped up in amazement. I feel like you're breaking the games limits, pretty much like Prism did. Incredible job, creativity, skills, knowledge and craftsmanship. I never really watched the anime, so I don't know whack about the story, but it just makes the exploring and discovering more enjoyable and fresh. Even the newer Pokemon and moves don't sting me as much as usual. This is some hecking big game, and big undertaking.

I wish to live to see the hack's completion. Is there any way I can be of use or help? Reporting bugs and such? My biggest trouble so far was discovering that Butwal Island is sort-of one way, with the waterfall. Lucky me I had an Abra, so I was able to teleport back, otherwise I'd be stuck in Kumquat (at least until getting Waterfall). I wonder if this counts as game breaking. Oh yes, I also forgot to return the Moro Trophy, so Fly was inaccessible to me as well. I met some typos on the way and non functional signs, but I dunno If I should even list them.

Gamers, I urge you to return the Moro Trophy as soon as possible, otherwise you're going to have a bad time. Also, has anyone found Scyther? The Dex says Murcott, but I waded through the grass endlessly at each time of day, to no avail.

Major Agnostic

Pokemon Crystal Ultimate Developer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    I have yet to play this hack since I'm just wrapping up mine, but I can't wait to play it! I plan on adding Orange Islands as the 2nd region in my next hack so this'll be a wonderful source of inspiration. Keep it up!

TD013

8 badges in Kanto, I have 10
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2022
    Been following this for a while. Looking forward to the next update.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2022
    Hey I want to play this game but I don't see anything I can use to open it on an emulator or anything I can use to open it. Can someone tell me where it is?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    the hack sounds awesome, but it seems kinda dead? is this an abandoned project?

Years
    • Seen today
    @Rodark

The latest commit on Github was 3 days ago. So I think it is safe to say that it's not abandoned.

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • unknown.png

End of the year update for Orange...
    Tileset overhaul, Pummelo and Trovitopolis were moved to their own tileset, allowing me to add a lot to the older islands. Shores, Big rocks, vendor stands and Navel even got a snowy update.

A new collectible can be found, in the form of seashells. Their purpose will be revealed in the postgame.

Latias and Latios will now appear in the wild as roaming Pokemon if you watch TV at your house post-Orange Crew championship.

Content past Pummelo still hasn't been scripted, but there are now maps of the final islands in the Orange Islands. Shamouti is planned to have a very large expansion, and I expect it to be the largest out of any other hack that has a movie 2000 event. Map is based off the one seen in Polished Crystal and Red++ but will have a lot more going on.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • unknown.png

End of the year update for Orange...
    Tileset overhaul, Pummelo and Trovitopolis were moved to their own tileset, allowing me to add a lot to the older islands. Shores, Big rocks, vendor stands and Navel even got a snowy update.

A new collectible can be found, in the form of seashells. Their purpose will be revealed in the postgame.

Latias and Latios will now appear in the wild as roaming Pokemon if you watch TV at your house post-Orange Crew championship.

Content past Pummelo still hasn't been scripted, but there are now maps of the final islands in the Orange Islands. Shamouti is planned to have a very large expansion, and I expect it to be the largest out of any other hack that has a movie 2000 event. Map is based off the one seen in Polished Crystal and Red++ but will have a lot more going on.

Oh damn! Welcome back nice to see you're still working on this!!

Back