• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Guardians of Athena

Vency

Doves In the Wind
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 30, 2019
Pok?mon - Guardians of Athena

FE6hc5I.png

NewIntro.png

"Pok?mon - Guardians of Athena" was created using a FireRed base. It was heavily inspired by ancient mythology (hence the hack name) and the Sun and Moon games. I don't really have much to say about myself other than that I love Pok?mon and I've finally learned how to create a functioning ROM hack.
TAewxwS.png

Erthena is an island region. There are six islands in total, called Dola, Ela, Noja, Misa, Anja, and Antessy, own with their own respective landscapes and cultures. Created by the "Goddess," people and Pok?mon lived in harmony together for quite some time. Filled with lush forests, thriving cities, and large mountains, Erthena is quite the sight. On your journey, you're given the chance to fight the five Goddesses of Erthena: Rhea, Selene, Cybele, Hemera, and Gaia.

An evil organization is planning on destroying Erthena's balance to corrupt the Goddess' power. As the hero, you can't let that happen, right? That's really bad if you don't stop them. (You don't really get into it until you hit mid-game.) You were destined to become the one Guardian in all of Erthena. However, do you have what it takes to become the Goddess' guardian?
New_Features.png

Start With Pichu. Who doesn't like Pichu?
Decapitalization. No more yelling!
DPPt Font. How innovative!
Indoor Running. Walking is hard.
PSS Split. Kind of self-explanatory.
Fairy Types. Because it wouldn't be a real ROM hack if it didn't have Fairy type, right?
Up to 7th Generation Pok?mon. From Kanto to Alola! Now you can catch them all, probably.
No more HM's. Stop wasting your time with HM slaves!
Ferry System. To add a bit of realism into the game!
XY Experience Gain. When you catch a Pok?mon, you earn exp. points!
BW Repel System. Stop getting flustered with unwanted Zubats.
BW and B2W2 Music. So you don't have to listen to the same FireRed route theme!
No Elite Four. Instead, you fight otherworldly beings, which are the five Goddesses mentioned above.
Sidequests. Run errands for people to earn rare Pok?mon and items!
Challenge Leaders. Just like gym leaders, challenge leaders are their own separate league of leaders. They're located in their respective chambers.
gswxxWW.png

Spoiler:

Progress.png

Spoiler:

Documents.png

This section will be used to display useful documents, such as Pok?mon locations and evolution changes.
Downloads.png

None at the moment. However, a beta release has been schedule for July.
Bugs_And_Glitches.png

Spoiler:

Credits.png

"Pok?mon Summary Screen" Patch by Againsts
"Dumb Pok?mon ROM Editor" by CaptainDumbChester
"Sappy Mod 15" by Cheve
"DPPt Font for FireRed" Patch by diegoisawesome
"Skip Controls Tutorial" Patch by diegoisawesome
"Hopeless Trainer Editor" by esperance
"Pok?mon Game Editor" by Gamer2020
"FreeSpaceFinder" by HackMew
"XSE" by HackMew
"HexHelper" by Joexv
"Pok?mon Gen III Hacking Suite" by karatekid552
"THUMB Editor & Assembler" by karatekid552
"AdvanceMap 1.92" by LU-HO
"BW/B2W2 Music" Patch by LukeeGD
"HxD" by Ma?l H?rz
"B/W Pok?mon Menu" Patch by Naren Jr.
"Pok?mon FireRed 807 + Megas + Alolans" Patch by Petuuuhhh
"Advance Series" by Wichu

Last edited:
Years
Start With Pichu. Who doesn't like Pichu?

like 50% of the fandom that is made of us that hate pikachu for being the overpopular mascot he is.

The rest of the hack looks pretty interesting to be honest.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
This hack looks very interesting! But if there are going to be 6 islands and 5 goddesses, what are you planning for the sixth island?

Vency

Doves In the Wind
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 30, 2019
This hack looks very interesting! But if there are going to be 6 islands and 5 goddesses, what are you planning for the sixth island?
Fighting the Goddesses is kinda like fighting the Elite Four and the Champion. There will be gym leaders and challenge leaders for each island except for the sixth island. I hope that clears up any confusion!
like 50% of the fandom that is made of us that hate pikachu for being the overpopular mascot he is.

The rest of the hack looks pretty interesting to be honest.
Aw, okay. I?ll get to work on that!
Looks promising! Good luck with it.
Thank you!

Last edited:

Vency

Doves In the Wind
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 30, 2019
This seems very interesting. Do you plan to add new tiles/Hero O.W Sprite?

It has been on my mind and I have thought about it a lot. However, at the moment I think I'm going to keep the protagonists and tiles from FireRed.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 29, 2023
I have to say, this sounds kind of awesome. Keep it up and finish this please.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Nov 8, 2023
Nice, I think I'll try it out when released. I like the idea of starting with pichu, thats one of my favorite parts. The legacy of pikachu evolution line starters will live on! Also, do you plan on upgrading the tilesets? It looks fine now, but some gen4-ish graphics would make my eyes tear out in unworthiness even more.

Back