Figure

Age 26
Male
Moscow, Idaho
Online now
Posted 1 Hour Ago
1,083 posts
8.5 Years
I hadn't really considered it from the point of view of someone who doesn't do competitive battles. What really annoyed me about is the thought of all of the Pokemon I have spent hundreds of hours breeding, some for shinies as well, just sitting in Pokemon Home for no reason other than GF cut corners. They did cut corners whether it was their decision or TPC, they, in my opinion, rushed the game out for the holiday when it could have used a couple of more months to work in the Pokemon models THAT THEY ALREADY HAD and fix textures.
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
15,743 posts
6.3 Years
I have a question for those who are not bothered by this, because I am genuinely curious and would love to see the responses: at what point WOULD Dexit have become a problem for you?

Would you have, for example, objected to a smaller roster of Pokemon than what the base game offered (say, if ONLY Gen VIII Pokemon and the outliers who got Gmax forms were included in the game, so it would have been around 100 Pokemon) or maybe if you had to pay for the Pokemon included in the free update?

I realise that's more than one question, but different people place greater emphasis on different things and I'm wondering what Sword and Shield did as a product - when they cut so many corners even outside of the Pokemon - to not upset some people when it came to cutting out something that really did not need to be cut. I'd be interested to know what people's hypothetical threshold would be for when Dexit would have become a problem and tainted their gameplay experience.

VPPGame Journal ✩ Paired with Dusk ❤ ✩

Alpha Snowdust

Eevee Enthusiast

She/Her or They/Them
Seen 5 Days Ago
Posted December 17th, 2020
13 posts
46 Days
Tbh I might be biased since Sword was my first game (long story), but I wasn't too happy about the Rockruff and Dratini lines not being included originally. I do understand how it can be frustrating though. I really want to move my shiny Pidgey from Let's Go to Sword but... you know...
I think the line for me would've been Vulpix/Ninetales, Growlithe/Arcanine, Mimikyu, any of the Eeveelutions, Lapras, Clefable/Clefairy, Bounsweet/Steenee/Tsareena, Gastly/Haunter/Gengar, Riolu/Gengar, among a few others. I'm happy with a lot of the Pokemon they included in the DLCs though, but *pats her poor Pidgey*.

With your second question, I would've been mad. Mainly because of Eevee's evolutions. True, I've fallen in love with a bunch of Galar Pokemon (*coughs* I'm looking at you Wooloo, Sobble, Scorbunny, Yamper, and Nickit), but there's so many others... that I... I can't live without Eevee okay?

My little sister doesn't know completely about the Dexit. And the reason I haven't told her about the full extent of it is because she's perfectly happy right now with her Pokemon and I can't deal with her complaining. I just tell her that Galar just doesn't have a bunch of Pokemon native to other regions due to environment, etc. Kind of like how you wouldn't necessarily expect to see a cardinal in the Bay Area.

Figure

Age 26
Male
Moscow, Idaho
Online now
Posted 1 Hour Ago
1,083 posts
8.5 Years
Tbh I might be biased since Sword was my first game (long story), but I wasn't too happy about the Rockruff and Dratini lines not being included originally. I do understand how it can be frustrating though. I really want to move my shiny Pidgey from Let's Go to Sword but... you know...
I think the line for me would've been Vulpix/Ninetales, Growlithe/Arcanine, Mimikyu, any of the Eeveelutions, Lapras, Clefable/Clefairy, Bounsweet/Steenee/Tsareena, Gastly/Haunter/Gengar, Riolu/Gengar, among a few others. I'm happy with a lot of the Pokemon they included in the DLCs though, but *pats her poor Pidgey*.

With your second question, I would've been mad. Mainly because of Eevee's evolutions. True, I've fallen in love with a bunch of Galar Pokemon (*coughs* I'm looking at you Wooloo, Sobble, Scorbunny, Yamper, and Nickit), but there's so many others... that I... I can't live without Eevee okay?

My little sister doesn't know completely about the Dexit. And the reason I haven't told her about the full extent of it is because she's perfectly happy right now with her Pokemon and I can't deal with her complaining. I just tell her that Galar just doesn't have a bunch of Pokemon native to other regions due to environment, etc. Kind of like how you wouldn't necessarily expect to see a cardinal in the Bay Area.
Being a Seahawk fan I can't help but notice the NFC West reference, intentional or not haha. I didn't really care a whole lot until I watched a video on how the took most models from the 3DS games and put them into SW/SH with minor to no changes to their models. That pissed me off. So you have working models that you CAN but into the game but choose to paywall them instead? I have a hard time believing that is wasn't to push the DLC because honestly, the DLC was bad I just wanted more Pokemon to transfer from home.

The DLC stories could not have carried them so they had to put some of the most beloved Pokemon in with them to push them, I wouldn't have paid for a deer riding a horse otherwise...