• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Most ridiculous looking gigantamax starter

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Like what it says, what do you guys think is the weirdest, most wacky looking design amongst the gen8 starter's gigantamax forms? This is not to say which one is the worst, just the most bizarre and insane one.

For me, it would have to be the Fire starters'. I don't know what's weirder, the ridiculously long ears or the fact that it's ball has a face. Is it sentinent? The Water starter and it's gun and long tail come pretty close. What do you guys think?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Bumping thread. Why are the controversial threads more interesting than the funny threads?

Alpha Snowdust

Eevee Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jan 19, 2021
Defiantly Inteleon. I keep seeing the waterspout as legs with no feet and a skirt. I partially blame my sister for that.

In terms of the best, I might be biased since I picked it but I adore long, floppy ears... so Cinderace. I think I read somewhere that the ball has a firebird like face. Rillaboom's GMax form is sweet too. I like how it's like it went to the music store and decided to upgrade their single drum to a whole set.

pkmin3033

The best threads are both controversial and funny.

Anyways, to be honest, they all look ridiculous. Rillaboom and Inteleon are hideous no matter what form they take - the latter especially, although the only upside to this is that you can barely see it - and Cinderace is riding a freakin' Podoboo. You can barely see Venusaur, Blastoise will always look derpy, and Charizard is just Charizard, it's like the marmite of Pokemon at this point and giving it approximately 50% more fire isn't going to change that.

Years
i've said it once and i'll say it again: Gigantamax Meowth the torso cat. most ridiculous looking one to me, which is also why it's my fave lol.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 25, 2022
Gigantamax kingler is just bizarre to me. I keep forgetting it even exists, and isn't it basically based on a crab dish?

Edit: Oops. misread. I think Cinderace's fire ball is just plain odd.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
Years
  • Age 33
  • PA
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Inteleon, though it makes sense given thats its meant to be a sniper

Edit: Oops. misread. I think Cinderace's fire ball is just plain odd.
tbh, i'd rather it have just been the fireball and nothing else.
besides, that is far the oddest fire ball i've seen
7Ya2uM1.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Gigantamax Rillaboom. Barely increases the main body of Galarian starters, if at all. Considers normal-size Rillaboom on a gigantic drum the most odd-looking. Feels the most disconnected from an advantage. (Realizes what the drum does. Clocks the value of a larger fireball and a vantage point easier.)

Understands choosing Inteleon, though. Checked its height in Bulbapedia. Measures 1.9 meters normally and 40+ meters while Gigantamaxed. Shunted all the growth into its tail.

Imagines other Pokemon pouring all that growth into one section. Leaps to Pokemon like Lickitung and Nosepass. Envisions a massive tongue/nose and a tiny body wiggling around. Might work in Klefki's case. Swings a massive key.

Back