• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
Hi Guys
I'm the new guy.Can you help me identify and value this card please.

Well... At least you attached 1 of the pictures correctly :P
It's a common card, which the post on the first page says you shouldn't be asking about the price for as they're never going to be very high, but I'm assuming it's because it's in Japanese you think it might worth a bit more...

It's a Pikachu from the Neo Genesis set, you could probably get $1-$2 for it in the best of conditons

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
Hey guys!
Hopefully someone can help us :) Yesterday we just stumbled upon a website which shows the most valuable cards. My boyfriend is pretty sure that his sister owns one of these cards. He will take a look at the card soon to check if every detail is similar.
Can someone tell us the actual worth of it since we have no idea how old the website is?
It's (hopefully) the Squirtle Snap Card.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
Gday. I'm sure you get this a lot, but I stumbled across my Pokemon cards from many years ago and i'm looking to sell them. I never played much, so please excuse my ignorance.

1. Foil Vilebloom (Japanese)
2. Team Rocket set
3. No.045
4. Given that it's Japanese, i'm not sure it's first edition or not. I'd assume so, but perhaps that's wishful thinking

1. Golem (Japanese)
2. Gym set
3. No. 076

1. Victreebel (Japanese)
2. Gym set
3. No. 071

Bar these, I have a bunch of commons/uncommon Japanese cards that i'd like to get rid of. How much would they typically go for? Same sets, Gym/Rocket.

English cards (and i'm aware you're looking for specifics, but perhaps i'll go into that if/when I get a response), I have some foils in the original base set (Shadowed, unfortunately) eg. Raichu foiled, Alakazam, Fossil/Rocket sets, a bunch of others. Ballpark figures for these? I understand it's highly relative, but ballpark (trying to figure out if it's worth the effort). Oh! Also, condition is more-or-less perfect (I think). They're slightly curled given the time that has lapsed, but were in a protective binder. I'm not sure if that's a big issue.

Anyway. Thank you for time. I'd greatly appreciate some feedback.

Years
Hi there! While I was happily sniffling around my old collection of Pokémon cards I discovered a mint condition basic 1 holo venusaur (no jokes). Problem is it's written in Dutch. Does This effect its value?

Last edited:
Years
Electizard, a phantom force florges( full art) approximally sells around $15 if in in good state. From what looks from the photo, yours is. To double check though, look for Any scratches on the front and the back of the card and check if there is any damage or discolouration at the edges. If it troubles you, go to a hobby- or tcg shop for a more accurate value.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 28, 2015
Hello I am new to this site but have been a Pokemon fan since day 1! i have a serious collection of gen 1 cards. I am most curious about the value of a true first edition blastoise(shadowless). I have 6 blastoise 1 true first Ed, 2 misprints(different misprints)and 3 regular. I can post pictures tomorrow. Do rare gen1 cards have significant value? I have a couple charizards and vensaurs and every other rare. I am most curious about my blastoise

Years
Zmarone, it is true that gen1 cards are valuable. But the extraordinary expensive cards must satisfy a lot of critics. One of those is that they are shadowless (for those who don't know what that means, it's that the little box where the illustration is drawn doesn't have a black outlining which resembles a shadow). Also they need to be in good shape: the corners aren't bent and the card doesn't show any scratches. Furthermore, it needs to be holo. If your basic 1 holo blastoise satisfies these critics it's either a forgery (have it checked by a store) or it's an extremely expensive card, with an estimated value of $180-200. Though if you have a venusaur card you can expect $700-900 and for a charizard up to a whopping $4500 (given it's shadowless, good condition, etc.). Others of the same card with shadows and such sell for about $5-20 per card. Hope it helps

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 10, 2019
I recently unearthed a number of cards while going through some of my old stuff from when I was a kid, and while I've had a look through the various identifiers to get an idea of which ones might be worth more, I thought it also might be better to post photos as well in case I missed anything. Will that suffice in place of the usual basic info outlined in the start of the thread? This is my first day of posting here, so please let me know if there is formatting or anything else I ought to fix. Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
I recently unearthed a number of cards while going through some of my old stuff from when I was a kid, and while I've had a look through the various identifiers to get an idea of which ones might be worth more, I thought it also might be better to post photos as well in case I missed anything. Will that suffice in place of the usual basic info outlined in the start of the thread? This is my first day of posting here, so please let me know if there is formatting or anything else I ought to fix. Thanks!

Photos are much easier for us to check out than a paragraph of text is, but either will do :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 10, 2019
Hopefully I'm doing this correctly with posting images:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
Hopefully I'm doing this correctly with posting images:
Spoiler:

I can't quite tell the quality from the pictures, but here are some rough price ranges...

Charizard: $15 - $45
Kabutops: $3 - $7
Blastoise: $10 - $15
Pidgeotto: $12 - $18

It really depends on quality, but I hope this helps a bit :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 10, 2019
I can't quite tell the quality from the pictures, but here are some rough price ranges...

Charizard: $15 - $45
Kabutops: $3 - $7
Blastoise: $10 - $15
Pidgeotto: $12 - $18

It really depends on quality, but I hope this helps a bit :)

Thanks, that really does help, and I wasn't expecting them to be worth as much as that to be honest, so that's cool to hear. The Pigeotto has a very small scuff with some white showing on the bottom edge (covered up by some glare), so it's probably worth a bit less, but everything else has been kept in card protectors the entire time I've had them and is in great condition.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 19, 2015
Hello, could someone help me out with this card? I researched a lot and cannot figure out if it is real or fake or some kind of misprint, and if it's legit, an estimated value. I don't know. The card has ridges along the bottom. It's a base set Machamp, 1st edition, rare holo, 8/102. I'd post a picture but this is my first post and it's not allowing it. I'll try posting just the link for you to copy and paste. Thank you :)

postimg.org/image/g9eukvl2d/

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
Hello, could someone help me out with this card? I researched a lot and cannot figure out if it is real or fake or some kind of misprint, and if it's legit, an estimated value. I don't know. The card has ridges along the bottom. It's a base set Machamp, 1st edition, rare holo, 8/102. I'd post a picture but this is my first post and it's not allowing it. I'll try posting just the link for you to copy and paste. Thank you :)

It appears to be a real card, I think the ridges on the bottom are just a manufacturing error, where the card wasn't in the packet correctly and got caught in the press that seals the packets.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 10, 2019

I've got one of those too, although it doesn't have those odd ridges along the bottom that your does. I was looking at some more of my stuff, and after reading your post, I was also wondering if the marks on the left side of these two might some sort of manufacturing defect:

album.php

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
I've got one of those too, although it doesn't have those odd ridges along the bottom that your does. I was looking at some more of my stuff, and after reading your post, I was also wondering if the marks on the left side of these two might some sort of manufacturing defect:

album.php

That photo isn't attached properly, but looking at it I can't quite tell what I'm looking at because of the plastic sleeve and the angle...
To me it just looks like water damage, but it might not look like that up close.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 21, 2015
Hi there,

I was rummaging through some of my old Pokemon cards the other day and came across this:

View attachment 76647

Its a Rainbow Energy card from the team rocket set. however it has a really obvious print error to it. I have only be able to find one other like it anywhere on the internet and its up on ebay for over £50!

I just want to know how much is it actually worth? Is £50 right or are they just being hopeful?

Thanks

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
Hi there,

I was rummaging through some of my old Pokemon cards the other day and came across this:

Its a Rainbow Energy card from the team rocket set. however it has a really obvious print error to it. I have only be able to find one other like it anywhere on the internet and its up on ebay for over £50!

I just want to know how much is it actually worth? Is £50 right or are they just being hopeful?

Thanks

I'd say watch that item on Ebay and see if it's sold quickly, if it is then you know you can sell it for quite a bit more :P
If it's still for sale on Ebay in 3 weeks then you can assume that £50 is too high, or there's nobody who's interested something like this.

As you said, I can't find any information online about it but I assume it's just a printing error where the printer realised it's low on ink and started to print darker half way through the sheet. (it's quite common to find 2 cards of the same type, 1 darker than the other, especially in the earlier sets)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back