• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 47
  • Seen Sep 26, 2015
Sorry if this is a stupid question. I found that the Trapinch card (a common - I know) has 6000 hp. I guess this is a misspelling. Is this a common error? I was not able to find anything about it on the web though.

View attachment 76695

Years
  • Age 35
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 6, 2016
Sorry if this is a stupid question. I found that the Trapinch card (a common - I know) has 6000 hp. I guess this is a misspelling. Is this a common error? I was not able to find anything about it on the web though.

View attachment 76695

Like the other person said, it is fake. For some reason, some fake cards have very high HP. Another way to tell is look at the "e" in the word Pokemon on various parts of the card. Some fake cards have no accent mark or the "e" is a different font. There are many youtube videos that can help you identify fake card. Unfortunately, fake cards are worthless. Being a card dealer, I have had to tell kids their cards are fake. I don't like doing it, but at least they know and I try my best to teach them what to look for.

Years
That's not entirely true, I've seen sets of fake cards being sold for more than real sets of pokemon cards (in particular, the Magic Baby sets http://cheezburger.com/255237 sell for quite a lot)... Sometimes fakes are what collectors are looking for, so as long as you advertise it as a fake card, you could still make money off it.

Well, with those in particular, a lot of people have nostalgia over those fakes, and the cards themselves are downright ridiculous in various ways that your typical fake is not.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Considering putting this Charizard on eBay. I've seen others go for a lot, but I know mine won't thanks to some lacking factors. :/ It's also in mint condition, but appears scratched thanks to the plastic casing.

Any pricing thoughts?

Full size image here

Years
Considering putting this Charizard on eBay. I've seen others go for a lot, but I know mine won't thanks to some lacking factors. :/ It's also in mint condition, but appears scratched thanks to the plastic casing.

Any pricing thoughts?

Full size image here

Uh. Start at $30. The Base Set Shadowed Charizard has gone for between anywhere from $15 to $40 based on listing pictures (since it's nearly impossible to search out this specific Charizard since 99% of people selling it don't use "Shadowed"). $30 is the top of what I'd think is the likely sell range, which I feel is between $20 and $30 based on sold listings on eBay.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 4, 2015
new to here

im here to see if the shing holographic charizrd fron neo destiny is worth it for 60

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
im here to see if the shing holographic charizrd fron neo destiny is worth it for 60

It would be, but that one on ebay, despite your description saying otherwise, clearly has scratches. So I don't know it's true value.

Years

Well, not quite. Depends on the status of it and its condition. Is it a 1st Edition? You can tell if it is one or not because a 1st Edition will have the below symbol inside the spoiler to the bottom left of the card picture:

Spoiler:

It would be, but that one on ebay, despite your description saying otherwise, clearly has scratches. So I don't know it's true value.

The last one to sell was a non-first edition copy that moved at $46, and that was ungraded. Non-first edition ones that are ungraded have sold for anywhere between $30 and $70, so I'm inclined to think that $45 to $50 is probably the most accurate price range for a near-mint ungraded copy.

Looking at the 1st Edition ones, they look like the don't sell unless they've been PSA graded, and once they're graded, they sell for north of $250.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
Well, not quite. Depends on the status of it and its condition. Is it a 1st Edition? You can tell if it is one or not because a 1st Edition will have the below symbol inside the spoiler to the bottom left of the card picture:

Spoiler:

The last one to sell was a non-first edition copy that moved at $46, and that was ungraded. Non-first edition ones that are ungraded have sold for anywhere between $30 and $70, so I'm inclined to think that $45 to $50 is probably the most accurate price range for a near-mint ungraded copy.

Looking at the 1st Edition ones, they look like the don't sell unless they've been PSA graded, and once they're graded, they sell for north of $250.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=356598
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161841686731

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
Ah.

Yeah, that value is way too high for that copy. You can clearly see scratches around the edges of the card where you can see the foil layer.

I'd personally pay at most $20 for it. Probably worth something like $25.

Seems it'll be selling for $55 regardless :/

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 10, 2015
I'm new to this so bare with me.

Holo charzard with a shadow border
1995, 96, 98 Nintendo, Creatures, Gamefreak; 1999 wizards
4/102
lvl 76. #6
No special markings that I can see.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
I'm new to this so bare with me.

Holo charzard with a shadow border
1995, 96, 98 Nintendo, Creatures, Gamefreak; 1999 wizards
4/102
lvl 76. #6
No special markings that I can see.

Uh. Start at $30. The Base Set Shadowed Charizard has gone for between anywhere from $15 to $40 based on listing pictures (since it's nearly impossible to search out this specific Charizard since 99% of people selling it don't use "Shadowed"). $30 is the top of what I'd think is the likely sell range, which I feel is between $20 and $30 based on sold listings on eBay.

^ this
It all depends on the quality and condition of the card, but this is a good guideline if the card has no visible scratches.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
Years
I did a little digging recently due to curiosity and managed to find:

1x shadowless Raichu
1x shadowless Mewtwo
1x shadowless Dugtrio
1x holo Scyther without the Jungle set symbol

The Scyther has a slight crease while the other three are barely played.

I wonder if I can find more... could've sworn I had more back in the day.

Years
I did a little digging recently due to curiosity and managed to find:

1x shadowless Raichu
1x shadowless Mewtwo
1x shadowless Dugtrio
1x holo Scyther without the Jungle set symbol

The Scyther has a slight crease while the other three are barely played.

I wonder if I can find more... could've sworn I had more back in the day.

Are all those shadowless non-1st Editions? Just want to check. There's a pretty big difference between the Editions. I think the non-1st Edition Raichu is at around $9, while the 1st Edition Raichu is all over the map between $35 and $160, but generally toward the lower end of that (think less than $50) in recent listings (I think the higher end of that is a bit absurd for an ungraded card, personally, but that's just me).

Mewtwo's splits are $5 to $8 for the non-1st edition and starting at a base of $40 for the 1st edition.

Dugtrio's split is $1 to $3 for the non-first edition and $10 to $15 for the 1st edition.

The error Scyther is arguably criminally undervalued in the low $1 to $5 range for most of the auctions, though there was one that did manage to go for $7 back in July.

These assume mint and/or near mint for the conditions, of course. That Schyther is not near mint, so it's probably worth about half to 1/3rd of the value of the mint/near mint value.

Years
  • Age 52
  • Seen Oct 29, 2015
Help! Someone gave us a bunch of Pokémon cards...many are older Energy and Trainer cards but there are some of the 1996 Pocket Monsters cards that are in Japanese so I have no idea of the names or if they have some value. Also, there are some that are World Championships 2005. I'm just trying to see if there are any of value. And no, there isn't an Illustrator in my pack.

Thanks!!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
Help! Someone gave us a bunch of Pokémon cards...many are older Energy and Trainer cards but there are some of the 1996 Pocket Monsters cards that are in Japanese so I have no idea of the names or if they have some value. Also, there are some that are World Championships 2005. I'm just trying to see if there are any of value. And no, there isn't an Illustrator in my pack.

Thanks!!

Some photos would be really helpful :)
The Championship cards aren't worth much more than their regular card equivalent unless you have the full set.

Years
  • Age 52
  • Seen Oct 29, 2015
Some photos would be really helpful :)
The Championship cards aren't worth much more than their regular card equivalent unless you have the full set.

I think I attached the picture. I only put a small sample in the photo but some of them are a hologram (???). I have a total of roughly 56 cards.

Attachments

• pokemon.jpg
    pokemon.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back