• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Voice cast - Discussion

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    News from Maddie:

maddiejoan said:
    whoa!!!!! THIS IS BIG!!!!! AND IT's HAPPENING NOW!!!

My own sources are telling me that right now TODAY!!!!...., Negotiations between CN and PUSA are underway.

That means there is no time to lose!

Please, if the old cast means anything to you write to these e-mail addresses PRONTO!
    I am convinced if the two guys below are flooded with e-mail from fans who want the old cast back that the impossible can happen and the old cast will be restored!!

Contact [email protected] and [email protected] immediately.

No really stop reading the forums and do it now!

Write to those two guys now if you want the old cast back!

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Email from Veronica Taylor

Pokemon USA is not using the "old" voice actors because they never asked us to do the show. There has never been any discussion or chance to negotiate. The last I heard was they told 4kids that they were undecided as to who would dub season 9. As always, I would love to be working on the show as it means so much to me. I don't know if any discussion about season 10 is necessary at this point as the WB said they won't air Pokemon without the original voices and have taken it off the Fall line up.

-Veronica

So could this be the real reason KidsWB won't be airing it?

Also, Veronica herslef has said that we should write to PUSA not to air Pokemon on CN. Why? Because CN will most likely be the only place that will take the show with the new cast. KidsWB will take it back if the old cast can be brought back.

I have just received information that needs to get out to as many people as possible right away. If it's not too much trouble, could you forward this? Thanks!!!!

At this moment Cartoon Network is talking with Pokemon USA and Nintendo about negotiating a deal for next season. Whether they know that the show they potentially acquire is a very badly done 'fake' is unknown. We need as many people as possible to flood them with emails letting them know that the 'special' we all saw on Saturday was beyond unacceptable. The actors, other than being lackluster and unable to fit the flap, lacked any emotion or character. The script was amateurish and flat. There was no direction. The Pokemon themselves all sounded incredibly different from the original show and video games. It was more violent than any other Pokemon episode has ever been. It was in no way up to the standards which have been set over the past eight years by 4kids, Nintendo and the WB. Are we all expected to simply sit by as Pokemon USA lies to everyone, saying the show will be "exactly the same", even though they have replaced every single element? We have now seen, through the fiasco which was the 10th anniversary special, that this is far from the truth. Please send emails immediately to the two executives at Turner Network (below) and warn them before they make a mistake they will certainly regret for a very long time. Bring Pokemon back to 4kids before it's too late.
    Thank you in advance!
    Sincerely,
    Veronica Taylor

Email to:

[email protected]

[email protected]

The main thing that matters right now is targeting Cartoon Network through these two executives.
    Thanks for everything!!
    Veronica

So yeah...start writing to these guys ASAP. Talks are underway today, so there really isn't all that much time for us or the cast.

Last edited:

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • dam.. you beat me to it, lol

Just recieved an email message from the one and only Veronica Taylor (Ash's and May's voice actor on the Pokemon series) who just came across some interesting info regarding the next season of the Pokemon anime. Appearently, Cartoon Network is talking with Pokémon USA to accquire the series next season. Save the Voice Actors and Pokemon DubShe, and others who saw and hated the special aired last saturday, have grave concerns regarding the production and airing of this unacceptable remake of our favorite show.

To show how you feel about the sub-standard performance of the cast last Saturday, Veronica suggests you email the CN execs your concerns:

I have just received information that needs to get out to as many people as possible right away. If it's not too much trouble, could you forward this? Thanks!!!!

Veronica Taylor
    [email protected]
    9:57 am (20 minutes ago)

Here is the email and some addresses you can forward. please sign your own name to it as well.

At this moment Cartoon Network is talking with Pokemon USA and Nintendo about negotiating a deal for next season. Whether they know that the show they potentially acquire is a very badly done 'fake' is unknown. We need as many people as possible to flood them with emails letting them know that the 'special' we all saw on Saturday was beyond unacceptable. The actors, other than being lackluster and unable to fit the flap, lacked any emotion or character. The script was amateurish and flat. There was no direction. The Pokemon themselves all sounded incredibly different from the original show and video games. It was more violent than any other Pokemon episode has ever been. It was in no way up to the standards which have been set over the past eight years by 4kids, Nintendo and the WB. Are we all expected to simply sit by as Pokemon USA lies to everyone, saying the show will be "exactly the same", even though they have replaced every single element? We have now seen, through the fiasco which was the 10th anniversary special, that this is far from the truth. Please send emails immediately to the two executives at Turner Network (below) and warn them before they make a mistake they will certainly regret for a very long time. Bring Pokemon back to 4kids before it's too late.
    Thank you in advance!
    Sincerely,

Forward your Email to:

[email protected]

[email protected]

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • Eeep! XD

Okay, well, I guess my editing will have to wait! I'd better send an email today! >.< Well then, let's do this properly...

My email (sent to the CN dudes and Pokemon USA):

------------------------

Dear Mr. [depended upon who I sent it to =P],

First of all let me say that I thank you for taking your time to read this letter I have so carefully written. It means a lot to me that such important people care about the opinions of their fans.

That being said, let me get down to business. It has been brought to the attention of many people on the Internet that the Pokemon cartoon/anime is undergoing some rather big changes and that the quality of a very popular show is now in question. Considering that I am dealing with only bits and pieces of information acquired from the Internet (not the most reliable source as I'm sure you know), and much speculation, I hope what I am talking about will make sense to you.

The Pokemon anniversary special that aired last weekend was quite an alarming shock to me. I had hoped that maybe by passing into the hands of Pokemon USA (a company I have spent quite a bit of money on), that perhaps the quality of the dubbing would somehow get better. This was not the case however. I have watched Pokemon since I was 15 years old (I am 21 now), and I have learned to love the characters that live in the show. They're practically iconic to me, and I know many who feel the same way. I remember the days when you walked into a mini-mart down the street and saw several Pokemon products among the check-out counter. While the Pokemon 'craze' has slowed considerably over the years, it still manages to bring in revenue and entertain millions of children (and perhaps adults like me) every weekend.

So it was a shock to me, that Pokemon USA would change voice actors and other staff with such blatant disregard for the show itself. I am at a loss to understand this. These people, the voice actors and actresses that spent a good deal of their lives voicing this anime, are what made the characters real on the show. They gave life to their roles, adding emotions and feeling into their respective characters. When I had bought Pokemon 4Ever on DVD, I was thrilled to listen to the voice actors' commentary on how much they loved and respected their roles. When they gave samples of their acting, it was as if Ash or Brock or Jessie had suddenly entered the commentary too. Suffice it to say, I was really sad when I heard that these people would no longer be able to do their roles. To me, James isn't James without his high-pitched squealing; Ash just isn't Ash without his "Owwaah!" gasps and yells, and Meowth just isn't Meowth without the subtle vocal switch between that gurggling angry voice and the sensitive, softer side of the cat pokemon.

I'm sure that the new voice actors will take time to adjust to their new roles, but they will never be the same. There is no way that one person can sound exactly like another. The voice may sound similar, but there's no feeling behind it.

Pokemon is already going to have to move to another channel. This change alone will make it difficult to gain good ratings. I've seen shows die because of moves to other channels and times, and I'm sure you're well-aware of that. So why is it that the issue must be complicated by switching voice actors as well? This is too much. The dedicated viewers of Pokemon will not want to watch it anymore. The viewers that are not as dedicated will not watch it because they either won't know when it is on, or won't want to bother figuring it out and will loose interest.

My hope is that everyone involved in this decision will rectify this grievous mistake and bring the old voice actors back. It may be silly and seem unimportant to you, but I really do care about this. I know many on the Internet and around where I live that feel the same way.

This is really sad. As a taxpayer, a dedicated viewer of Pokemon, a kid at heart, and someone who has given Pokemon USA, Cartoon Network, Kids'WB, 4Kids Entertainment, Wizards of the Coast, and Nintendo a good deal of money in DVDs, movie tickets, toys, dolls, cards and storybooks; I feel that I should have some sort of voice about what is being done to a cartoon that is close to my heart. The story may ultimately be the same with different voice actors and production staff; but take away one important element of a winning formula, and you end up with nothing.

Again, thank you for your time. I hope everyone can come to a decision that will be beneficial for all of those involved.

Sincerely,

Melissa [OMG! I'd rather not reveal my last name to everyone on PC! ^^]

-----------------------

Whoo... I wrote a lot. XD Think it'll help? Does it make sense?? Is there anything I left out? Oh well... I'm just sending it. Pokemon USA shall be getting theirs via snail mail as well. ^-^

Last edited:

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • ^Would you mind if I use your letter as a basis for my own? After all, I feel the same way about it. See, around here, it's kinda "childish" to still be interested in Pokémon after you turn 13. And since I started watching it at age 8, and haven't stopped since, you can imagine how I feel about these voices.

Last edited:

Cute_Pikachu

~*Pikachu Trainer*~
    Years
  • I just watched a clip of that Pokemon Special everybody keeps talking about, and I agree 100%!>O< Ash sounds like a little kid, May sounds so old and Brock sounds like he's drunk. (No offense to the new dubs...^^'')
    Nice letter, Light_Azumarill! If only I could write a letter to them too, but... I'm too chicken!^_^~

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • Written my letter, What do you think about it?

To Whom It May Concern regarding the Pokémon animation series and Cartoon Network

This past weekend, "Kids WB" aired a Pokémon TV special, "Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon." The show was like a fan dub and it was very embarrassing and annoying to many Pokémon Fans. The voices are terrible, it sounds like they were reading the script most of the time at a 6th Grade Level. The acting was also terrible. The scripts were extremely bad. It seems like amateur were producing the show.

As a loyal fan of Pokémon, many of us were disappointed about the special. Many fans suffered headaches from the new voices and many now criticized and blamed Pokémon USA for the recasting of voice actors to happen. If you were to show Pokémon Season 9 in this condition, the fans will be dissatisfied and will stop watching the show. Your ratings will go down and the series will be rated poorly which can destroy the Pokémon franchise.

Don't waste your money on an inferior, poorly produced, and embarrassing imitation Pokémon USA shown. Make sure that 4Kids Production is the production enmity for the new Pokémon Episodes, not a amateur production enmity.

Thanks for reading,

Alyssa Picariello
    [email protected]
    Dedicated Pokémon Fan since 1999

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • It will be sent soon, to both of the Cartoon Network email addresses. I'm planning to write some letters to Pokemon USA which will be complainments via snailmail and emails too. It's going to take alot of time, but it's worth it.

Cute_Pikachu

~*Pikachu Trainer*~
    Years
  • Wow... you took alot of time to do that...O_O I think I'll start writing my own letter!^^ Excluding all the harsh comments popping out in my head!^^''

Tuxedo Mark

Misty+May 4-Ever!
    Years
  • I'm puzzled by Veronica Taylor listing "It was more violent than any other Pokemon episode has ever been." as a negative aspect. The special was conceived and animated in Japan; right?

How could she blame PUSA for that?

Is this her way of saying that she approves of 4Kids' censoring of the anime series?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Tuxedo Mark said:
    I'm puzzled by Veronica Taylor listing "It was more violent than any other Pokemon episode has ever been." as a negative aspect. The special was conceived and animated in Japan; right?
    No. It was an American animated special, script was American written as well. On the violence note, Pokemon isn't a violent anime so I can see why she made the comment.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    "The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon" wasn't written and animated in Japan...? O_O; I didn't know that. I guess that would explain some of the bad CG, as well as the incredibly weird part with Mewtwo at the end when all of those Pokémon heads were sticking out of its body... *shudders* What was the deal with that?!

Anyway, here's the letter that I'm going to send. I decided to keep it as short and simple as possible, while still managing to get my point across. I doubt they would really want to open up a letter that was ten paragraphs long (and full of criticism) or something!

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing this letter to express my disappointment with your decision to change the voices for the characters in Pokémon.
    I have been a loyal fan of the series since the very beginning, and have grown to love each one of the characters whose distinct voices seemed to bring each of them to life. After recently watching the special episode "Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon", and learning that all of the main characters' voices had been replaced, they simply did not seem the same to me.
    I, as well as many of my friends who enjoy watching the Pokémon television show, do not think that it is a wise (or fair) choice for you to change the characters' original voices that we have all grown to love and are so used to hearing. We are hoping that you will reconsider your decision, because the series simply will never be the same due to such a drastic change.

Sincerely,

Kayleigh [last name]

Last edited:

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • Kayleigh said:
    Anyway, here's the letter that I'm going to send. I decided to keep it as short and simple as possible, while still managing to get my point across. I doubt they would really want to open up a letter that was ten paragraphs long (and full of criticism) or something!

Huh... I guess that would be me you're referring to? ^^;;;

You do have a point and as I wrote my letter I thought about making it short, but along with shortness comes the possibility that they won't take it seriously enough. *shrug* I didn't want to leave anything out so... there. XD

Well... I guess we just have to wait and see now. It's all in the hands of money-grubbing suits. >.>

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Kayleigh said:
    "The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon" wasn't written and animated in Japan...? O_O; I didn't know that. I guess that would explain some of the bad CG, as well as the incredibly weird part with Mewtwo at the end when all of those Pokémon heads were sticking out of its body... *shudders* What was the deal with that?!
    A company called TAJ that's based in New York did the animation, they also have ties to the new voice actors. So in the end, Nintendo was just trying to take the cheapest way out of this.

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • Kent Colton Rogers said:
    A sincere welcome back to you, Alyssa.

I also decided to personally send Veronica Taylor an email about keeping updated, so I hope she replies. Now, I guess it's time PUSA and Cartoon Network got a taste of fan power!
    Hi, and thanks...

Anyways, Pokemon USA will most likely be blame for this problem. Unless it's solved, Pokemon USA will have to deal with many of angry Pokémon fans who watch the special and hated the new voices.

My assumption why Pokemon USA may done this because some Pokemon Fans complained about 4kids doing the dub. IMO, the paint edits and cuts did not bother me that much, but it's like my opinion.

I might be wrong, but the MMP episode was made in Japan with the Japanese voices in February 2006, and probally redubbed by TAJ Studios. The episode is not aired in Japan yet and I do not know when it will be aired in Japan.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2008
    Nintendo of America has been screwing up a lot lately, Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones for example, changing names of most of the monsters when they had names written IN ENGLISH in the japanese version. But these new voices, ugh.

animeforever04

pokemonfan
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Aug 23, 2009
    Kazuhito said:
    A company called TAJ that's based in New York did the animation, they also have ties to the new voice actors. So in the end, Nintendo was just trying to take the cheapest way out of this.
    now you're lying i watched the credits it was animated in JAPAN no usa! so stop spreading lies!:badsmile:

Back