• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Voice cast - Discussion

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    animeforever04 said:
    i was expressing how i feel of everyone!:badsmile:
    That's nice, if you can't keep your opinions respectful of others, we couldn't care less. So that'll be a warning.

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
  • Sunflorazumarill said:
    I'm going to add my two cents on this. In my opinion, we now have two franchises to save, Pokémon and Sonic! Maybe what 4Kids should do is let go of the Sonic VA's but get back the Pokémon ones! Can you believe it?! My two favorite video game series share the same problem! We should make a single petition to help both of them! Think of what's going on:

Sonic:
    Tails sounds like a girl.
    Knuckles sounds like Yugi.
    Vector tends to be annoying.

Pokémon:
    Anything already said about the new VA's.

So does anyone see the problem befalling both of these series?!
    Thank you so much for saying that.

Anyway, the only good voice in the special is Misty. Everyone else needs to go. NOW.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • Wow... animeforever needs to stop spamming. o.o

Anyway... *raises hand* I'll get this back on-topic!

OH. MY. GOD. The new voice actors are HORRIBLE. Now, I shall do a rundown:

Narrator: It's the old narrator!!! OMG! I love him! XD Well, okay, I just like his voice better than Mike *******. No offense, but he just sounds more narratorish. ^-^

Ash: I hate Luffy's voice. Therefore I hate Ash's voice. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't fit him. Its too strained and deep for Ash. I know he's getting older, but he hasn't been smoking 5 packs a day. X_X Plus there was little emotion in it... I mean, Veronica Taylor would have just been so much more emotional sounding. ;.;

Max: See above. They're the same person.

Brock: Is there really anything good to say about Brock's voice? I think everyone else summed it up pretty good. It was PAINFUL.

Misty: Misty's was the only one I could deal with. She sounded very similar to Rachel Lillis, save for the low parts, but otherwise.... I tip my hat to her for being the only one to sound similar.

Jessie: I couldn't understand half of what Jessie said because her voice was all high and fluttery. >.> So... I don't like it. It wasn't painful, just hard to hear and annoying.

James: Whenever James talked, my brother couldn't stop laughing. XD I mean... dude... he sounded like he had one two many sake bottles to drink. It was stupid. I can't imagine that guy doing the upcoming rather emotional James-centered episode. ;.;

Professor Oak: No... just... no. He sounded all harsh and forced. >>

Meowth: That's not Meowth! It's another Meowth that learned to speak human, killed the old one, and took his place. ;.;

May: Ugh... May's voice was all right I suppose. It was a lot deeper than would be expected of a 10 year old. >> When I first heard May's voice back in the beginning of Hoenn, I thought she sounded like a 30 year old. Now she sounds like a 50 year old. XD

It burns... it burns so much.... X___X

Years
  • I heard a clip of this episode (since I live in Europe, I didn't see the whole thing and probably never will)... and I wanted to cry. ;____; They ruined the voices, especially Ash. I mean, he shouldn't sound that old at all. ><;;; James was pretty off too, and then Meowth... they were all off to me, and not in a very good way.
    I wish that Nintendo tried harder with getting VAs instead of getting those. I mean, some diffrence would be understandable, but making Ash sound that old? ><;;

I might have to write them a letter. We'll see if my parents will let me mail one, and if I can contain myself if I can manage to write it. :/

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
  • No....No no no....this just not just happen. This is the best they can do?! THE NEW VOICE ACTORS SUCK!!!!!!

I never got to hear May, Max, or Oak, but I'm sure they sucked butt too. When I saw the video on YouTube, I was throughly disappointed.

Ash-OMG!!!! IT SUCKS WORSE THAN ANY OF THEM!!!
    Misty-Can't tell much difference
    Jessie-Can't tell that much
    Meowth-No!! It's terrible!!
    James-No!!!!!!!! I'm not liking this new actor one bit!

I haven't heard any others yet, but when I download that episode, I will edit this post. If these new VAs are permanet and we don't ever get the old ones back, I'm done watching the show. It's not worth it to hear those terrible voices. I'm sending a second letter, this just isn't right.

Some 10th anniversary present...

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2008
    May sounds like a woman and not a 10-11 year-old girl. Max is livable and so is Oak but Brock and even Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny, dont get me started on them. THEY WERE ABSOLUTLY HORRIBLE. Ash and Brock were murdered.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Let me start out by saying, I have respect for these VA's because they're trying to fill some pretty shoes.... Besides that.

I hated them. (the voices they used, not the people themselves...^^;; )

Ash sounded like Richie, so that leads to believe that they may be the same VA that did Richie early on.
    Her voice doesn't work with Ash ....at all.
    Actually Ash's voice was the worst, and I hoped that wouldn't happen.
    May souds like a 2o-year-old woman who works at a Strip Club thats trying to flirt with guys.
    Brock....eh....No, just no. Same goes for James. ( I want Eric Stuart back! T-T ) James sounds even more gay then he did before. ( Gay as in 'Homosexual', not as in 'Stupid'. ---_---; )
    And to top it off, the guy who voices Dr.Young, couldn't say 'Po-Kay-mon' correctly.... Its not Pok-uh-mon!! I don't care if fans say it that way, but when you voice a character in the actual show....you need to pronounce it correctly!! ><; .....*cough* ...anyhoo...back on topic.

Max's voice...I suppose I can live with, because its only Max. Still his original was cute, unlike the new one.

Professor Oak's voice bugged me... it was too....high... and it sounded funny.
    It didn't sound 'normal' enough to work for him...

The only one that I honestly say that I was okay with, was Misty.
    Still no Rachel Lillis, she really tried to keep her voice the same as old on. For the most part it worked out okay. Still, there wasn't that normal 'Rachel Lillis-y-ness' to it, but I liked it. It was adorable. ^^

Jessie's voice sounded weird.... I don't really know how to explain it. it just was....

Meowth's voice was just...Meowth. It wasn't horrible. but it just wasn't the same! T-T
    Still... its only Meowth, so I can deal.

Please almightly gods.... Please, give a Drew a decent voice!

^^;

I'm really glad that the normal series will still have 4Kids VA's for alittle while longer, at least.

Sapphire May said:
    Some 10th anniversary present...

Amen to that.
    That was what I thought when I first heard the voices...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2008
    If they think US, the fans are gonna sit back aND LET THEM butcher the characters we have known and loved for years.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • I just found a clip on youtube. Ash, Misty and TR were in it
    Ash: sounds like the kid from the Whirl Island saga with the baby Lugia he named Silver.
    Misty: Good so far
    Jessie: a little "wavy"
    James: Oh do, ith da twerps! (fyi that's stuffy nose for "it's the twerps"
    Meowth: no accent but okay
    I cant wait to hear May Max and Brock!
    btw, instead of whining about the stupid new cast, just laugh at it. That's what I've been doing
    XD
    Besides, you can always watch the Japanese version...
    But I do hope they get better. Laughing will get real old.

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
    Years
  • Alrighty then my opinion:

The voices:

Ash - O.O - When he was about to faint..man that was the WORST about-to-faint voice I've ever heard. x.x

Misty - She sound a lot like Rachel. 98% of her though.

May - ....sounds like a 40 year old woman.

Max - A little different, but you can still hear a bit of Max in there.

Jessie, James, and Meowth - Sounds different, but you can stil hear a bit of their voices in there.

Brock and Professor Oak - No comment

Narrator - The same narrator~

I want the old VA's back!

EDIT: Wow..I can't believe Ash is played by a girl named Erica. My name's Erica. ^^;;;

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • I just saw the first part on dvr. My sister's boyfriend insisted I watch it.
    As soon as I watched five minutes, tears came from my eyes and they poured down my face. Next to me, my sister's boyfriend was saying, "It's just a cartoon." and I swatted at him. Oh yes, it's just a cartoon... that's what you say after years of watching it from your childhood
    The cast was so bad it distracted me from the actual episode.
    Something must be changed... it must not continue like this!
    And forget what I said about laughing... it's not gonna work this time.

Ash - I keep expecting him to yell out "Dont hurt Silver, Team Rocket!"

Misty - I cant believe it. I barely hear the Rachel anymore.

May - she sounds... different..... not that it's terrible

Max - he sounds like Silver yelling Ash.

Jessie, James, and Meowth - Sounds different, but you can stil hear a bit of their voices in there.

Brock and Professor Oak - Prof Oak sounds too much like Pryce but Brock actually didn't sound too bad

Narrator - it's nice to have him back :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    I know, I kind off like May's new voice becuse it maid her sound older, but I think Veronica Taylor was trying to do that in the last episodes of PoKeMoN. You know the Numero Uno Articuno and The Symbol Life Episodes. May really sounded like a young woman in those episode's, Veronica did a really good job there. They really need to keep her on the show. Ash's new voice, well make's him sound like a little snot noise brat....

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ok, I saw the Mirage Special somewhat hours ago, here's my view on their new voices.

Ash: Ok, am I the only who really likes his voice? I mean, when I first heard it in the beginning, ,I was like oh my word, but after a while i started to like. Man, I like it more than the old one, the old Ash voice hurt my ears (no offense to anyone who likes it). As long as it has a bit more emontion, I don't really want them to change his voice.

Misty: She sounds basically the same, except with a more mature sounding voice, I like it.

Max: I actually like his voice, it's more mature sounding, even though he's isn't 10 or older. I really wanted to hear more of his voice.

Haruka: Um, ok...it sounded older, like her mom or something. It didn't really ( like with most of the others) sound/feel emontion, and it's just to mature a voice for her, IMO.

Brock: NO WAY! I can't believe I might be hearing this voice, it is so...not right. It sounds so much older than what he seems, and I was so creeped out when he thought of Jenny. It hurt my ears, I...I can't even think straight with that voice.

Jessie: It sounded different, kinda the same...but different in a way, that I just can't figure it out.

James: He sounded like he had a stuffed nose or something, it just didn't really have that feeling of James to it, IMO.

Meowth: I'm not a big fan of it, but atleast it doesn't seem as high as the old Meowth.

Prof., Oak: His voice is ok, it's going to take some getting used to, but it doesn't seem like a problem.

Dr. Yung: He had a good voice, not to bad.

Overall, I like the new VAs, I don't really want them to change ( except for Brock, he NEEDS a voice change), I think they just need to work on the emontions, and that's it.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Well sweeties, here's my two cents. When I heard the new voices, I did what any American naturally do, complain! I actually shed a tear on how BUTCHERED Brock's voice.

Ash: My...God...What did they do!? ;0; This isn't gonna work out, at all. Why I did I felt like I was watching dubbed One Piece when I heard him talk? *Misses Veronica Taylor.*

Misty: 98% Close, but it isn't quite the same.

Pikachu: Pikachu's voice is never altered. XD

May: She sounded older, which isn't a good thing. >> I don't recall May being 20 all of the sudden. *Misses Veronica Taylor more.*

Max: It's kinda annoying to me.

Oak: Almost, but not quite.

James: Almost, but I perfer James' other voice. He sounded too weird, and didn't have that "James" touch to it, you know? This voice makes James sound much more like a sterotypical homosexual. *Misses Eric.*

Jessie: I can go either way with this one. One point she sounds like Jessie, then another point, no.

Meowth: I didn't like Meowth's voice, it's missing something in my opinion.

Brock: They have utterly killed it with Brock's voice. ><; Brock was one of my favorite characters, and now look. He doesn't sound ANYTHING like Brock. He sounds creepy with that voice.

Narrator: w00t!!!!!!!!!!!! ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ He's backie! X3 Finnaly, a voice replacement which DIDN'T upset me! X3

Overall, the all the new VA suck more then a bucket of ticks, sweeties.

Arigeitsu159

Meh...
    Years
  • I've always been a supporter of the dub, but I gotta say... this special after the first two minutes was absolutely pathetic and horrible. All the voice actors are horrible and are not convincing at all as voice actors... it sounds so forced and fake... well, Pokemon USA is certainly paying for what they're getting... I love the show, but I'm not sure if I want to continue watching it anymore... I simply can't stand these new voices at all...

If someone would be so kind, please PM the address to worthless Pokemon USA so I can tell them how much they suck for getting rid of the old cast of voice actors...

The S

The Reverend
    Years
  • To save time, I'll just quote myself on another board:

God said:
    Most of the voices did indeed bite. To me, the Rachel Lillis impersonator(s) for Misty and Jessie were pretty close, and I preferred Ash's new voice (Veronica Taylor's little boy voice is too whiny for my tastes). But what the heck was up with Brock? He sounded like a poorly dubbed old samurai movie! And James totally sounded like Gill Chesterfield from Fraiser... although I think Meowth was close enough to the original (as in the voice Meowth had in his first appearance) for me to accept. May was slightly annoying, but I got used to her; Max sounded too much like Ash, and Oak started out okay but got worse as the episode went on. Dang Nintendo and pulling 4Kids' voice actors!

Oh, and was it just me, or did they use the same narrator?

Back