• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Headliners and News Sites on Social Media

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
Years
  • I had a neat conversation with some friends a little while ago about how much news we follow on social media since the group of us use it pretty often. Some people don't follow news sites or accounts at all, some follow a bunch of them and try to stay updated, and then there's me who'll only follow specific news sites or things related to what they're interested in.

For me it's a lot of news accounts for my favourite games and franchises, but I follow a couple general news accounts because I love seeing the headlines on my feed.

How much news do you follow on social media, and what kind? Do you typically pay attention to whatever news is trending?

Years
  • I don't watch the news at all, where I reside locally, my country and world news. I learned a few years ago its way too negative and takes a extream toll on my mental health. Also can make me become negative as well if hearing horrible things and not good stuff. SoI told my family if its extremely serious stuff happening going on or information ( life or death or something I truly need to know ) about something happening in the world like the virus situation then tell me. Other than that I don't watch or read anything news related, if that makes me weird or bad then sorry, so be it. I don't want it brining me down severely like its done in the past making my healing recovery journey even more harder.

For updates on like movies, games ( sometimes ) and television shows I find out also from my family, unless something new pops up on my streaming services feeds I have. I don't really play video games a lot as I did when in school so don't really know whats new or not, honestly.

Years
  • I don't watch the news at all, where I reside locally, my country and world news. I learned a few years ago its way too negative and takes a extream toll on my mental health.

I feel you there, I've had to pack away all social media for a week or so a couple of times recently to avoid doom scrolling. My friends who I have on social media like to keep active in the world around them, so they'll make sure to spread the news that the government is doing something stupid and detrimental to everyone who isn't upper class.

When I do read the news though I try my best to get either impartial news (when it's available), or at least read articles from multiple sources who aren't owned by the same parent company (looking at you Jonny Harmsworth).

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm in the media industry. I follow every single news media outlet (including the national ones) to see what they've pushed out. Then I push out some of my outlet's content to all social media platforms. It's interesting that we've all gone from reading a newspaper to scrolling down on social media to get your news fill.

Aside from that, I do follow YouTubers either on Twitter or Instagram and even a few chefs here and there. My news feed does not have to be all news!

But then again as a journalist I always encounter a TON of fake news. It's a matter of researching and reaching out to the poster to see if it's true or not.

Years
  • I don't go out of my way to consume internet news media. Usually in my Chrome feed on my phone I get articles from nerd sites who do secondhand reporting on stuff i might have missed on franchises i follow, but for current events, I avoid the internet when it comes to those.

I don't watch TV for national or international news, either. I usually listen to NPR for national and international news, and watch my local news on TV when I get a chance to.

Back