• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Contest Grooves Version

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Pokémon Contest Grooves Version { edited 1-10-2008 }

I've had this idea for about 3 months now. Pokemon Contests have always been a fun edition to the Pokemon World, but what if your entire goal was to win contests?

Hack of: Emerald

Story:
    Your Mother was a famous Coordinator back in her day, but she settled down, and had a kid. You live in Willowroot City, a fairly large city, including a large contest hall and home to a team of Coordinators known as Team Groove. You start your journey as a famous Coordinator at the Contest hall, where Judge Robert will be giving you your first Pokemon. You have a choice between Elekid and Magby.
    Every Time you win a contest, you get to challenge the Contest Hall Star to a battle, and then you'll get a ribbon yourself.
    After you win the Master Ribbon in every single Entrance Rank ( Beautey, coolness, Smart, ect. ), you get to travel to Contest Island, where the Contest Championship is held.
    Spoiler:

New Stuff:
    • New Region!
    • Contests are the main point
    • New Character Overworlds
    • New Team(s)
    • New Music
    • New Tiles/Tileset
    • Electivire and Magmortar Available!
    • Start with Elekid and Magby!
    • New Rival ( ZOEY :D )
    [*]Falling Leaves Weather Animation!

What I need:
    • Spriters
      1. Zoey Sprites
      2. Zoey Trainer Sprite
      3. Indexed Magmortar and Electivire Sprites
      4. Overworlds of a few Pokemon
    • Scripters
    • Storyboard Helpers

Town/Route/Area List
    1. Oldroot Town - A quaint town surrounding a huge bog
    2. Route 401 - A very damp route with tall grass
    3. Bedford Town - A town where the soil is lush and the people are friendly
    4. Route 402 - A Route composed mainly of cliffs
    5. Mudslip Cave - A Dank cave with a Shroomish and Breloom colony living there.
    6. Route 403 - A Cliffy Route with high grass and few trainers
    7. Palmleaf Town - A Town built upon the cliffs of the Trangore Mountain Range
    8. Route 404 - A Small route with a river flowing along side it
    9. Saltgem River Valley - a Large valley with tall grass and many trainers, there is of course, a river.
    10. Pinsir Woodworks - A Logging company which has been under suspicion for some time now for their secrecy and security
    11. Route 404 - A continuation of Route 404
    12. Slatewall City - A large city containing the first contest hall and Pokemon Minimall
    13. Pokemon Minimall - A Minimall with shops in it. There is also a store which sells Rollerblades.
    14. Contest Grounds - A space where Coordinators can chill out while waiting between contests, or battle each other.
    15. End of Beta 1- All Good things must end for a time

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I was going to wait until we could hack DP to actually make this, but I thought I might as well make this into a hack, and then make episode 2 in DP.

I don't understand, what do you mean by spice?

Oh, I almost forgot :X

I was testing some scripts on my Brother's computer, and I figured out how to split the Lilycove Contest hall into separate Contest Halls. I thought this problem would have forced me to make this a ruby hack, but not anymore.

Last edited:
    Years
  • What I mean by spice, is add something to the storyline. It is okay, but still quite bland. What's the motif? Where's the structure? Just add some, and your hack won't be mindless contests.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 5, 2022
    this seems like a different kind of hack who are the heroes going to be May and Dawn? lol

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    No, I was just including Zoey because we sorta need a backstory for her.

You can be either male or female

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Sounds cool!
    What layout are you going to use for the contests?
    The regular....
    From R/S/E?
    From D/P...
    Or A completely new style...
    Well anyways,
    BOL!

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
  • A nice idea, but I would like to see how the contests would work. Second, will you be training up your pokemon? One of the entire reasons people trained was to fight gyms, and seeing as you could get a pokemon, teach it moves to make it cool or cute and feed it with loads of Pokeblocks, there is no need to train any more.
    Also, the gyms were akin to every other kind of battle. Will there be contests outside the Contest Halls? What will the contest halls be like? Will there be multiple contests to face the hall star?
    On the positive side, I like the ideas. Its original and it adds a new dimension to the Pokemon universe. Keep at it.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    There of course are routes between towns. I'm replacing Gym leaders with Hall Stars, and in some of the smaller towns you will find smaller contests without Hall Stars, and instead you'll get an Item for winning.

You will fight trainers and Coordinators alike, and you'll also have more opportunities to fight your rival.

I am going to be changing the tiles dramatically, like I will be having the D/P honey trees ( I love the orange color ) as regular trees.

Years
  • This really sounds great!
    I like the idea that you will be
    a coordinator instead of a trainer...
    If you need any help (I would be happy to help you with the palettes:D)
    PM me..;)

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Nice! When people asked for orginality, you definetly gave it to them! I wondered if someone was going to make an all coordinator hack of pokemon. By the way, I like the Honey Trees too. ^^

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I fell in love with the Sweet Honey Trees, so I decided to make them regular trees. It's going to give the hack a feeling of the fall season.

I've also been messing around with the hack's weather, and I might edit one to make falling leaves :3

{edit} I've edited the first post with a list of the towns/routes/areas and their descriptions

Also, I've finally been able to edit the weather ( No more Snow Animation ), so now we have a falling leaves animation.

Last edited:

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • This looks really great, I've always wanted to see a Contest hack instead of the usual badges

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Well, technically the badges are just being replaced with "trainer ribbons"

I'm also working on the Trainer Cards, Girls with have a pink TC with a pretty blue ribbon on the top. Guys will have a Blue TC with a cool Green Ribbon on top.

Now they're Coordinator Cards D:<

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I've decided to close this project, and Pokemon Azurite.

I got an idea for a hack, which is brilliant to say the least. But I don't have the time to run 3 different games at the same time. Maybe in the summer, but not now.

So, expect to see the hack very soon! and trust me, it will be a good one.

Back