• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
eh the natures suck for both krabby (female sassy ) and torchic ( Male Gentle ) lol for once id like a shiny with a perfect nature so can use it in battle . my goldeen is modest which is awesome but I dont want to use goldeen .

as for the RNG theres nothing you would be able to notice that resets the odds . I seriously doubt its one thing it more than likely is a multiple of things that come together to make it happen . for example it can't be time alone because when you reach max time or are sring time doesn't change . also cant be steps alone because once again when sring you don't walk anywhere just press A a few times and Maybe start if you need to check the summury . All in ALL it's porbably time / number of button press' , trainer id (whole id not just the visable or hidden one) and maybe more things that are not as obvious all together that effect the RNG .

but hey a shiny is a shiny right lol

anyway i am still sring for shiny suicune if i sr every day until april 22 maybe i can get it before then

offtopic:shido i sent you a pm

Edit: i am accually switching to sr for shiny eevee now btw i been sring for eevee since july lol

Last edited:

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
welp my friend is coming over and we are going to race each other and hunt the same pokemon at the same time ( lmao thats how I got rayquaza and he didnt get groudon XP ) so hopefully I can pull off a third shiny in a row for today and keep this luck alive .

btw do you need groudon , kyorge , all 3 regis , both latis , rayquaza to get get to sr in emerald for the toto , cyndi and chica ?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Yeah you need all of them to Sr for the 3 other starters.
I need my DS so bad. I charged it up but left it at my freinds house because she wanted to play sonic rush on it. And dont have my SP or GBA with me either.

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
I think I might go complete my emy dex then SO I can start on getting those starters (woot with torchic in the bad I have the basic forms of all the hoenn starters :) I might go back and sr for two more treeckos and two more torchics to have a FULL COMPLETE HOENN STARTER SET !! )

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
If you got all of them that would be great.
I dont think anyone has a full set of any of the starters.
Only you with all of the mudkip set.

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
If you got all of them that would be great.
I dont think anyone has a full set of any of the starters.
Only you with all of the mudkip set.

you know what you're right LMAO thats exacly what im going to do be the first person to have a TRUE complete set (kinda hard tho with all my targets in so many other games but my saphire has given me5 starters so hopefully I cna milk another 4 from it XP )

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Go for if. You will hold a record then. I would never be able to do that because i wouldn't have the pacience

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
It is just hard work and persistence.
I need to get a record so i can brag about something.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
eh the natures suck for both krabby (female sassy ) and torchic ( Male Gentle ) lol for once id like a shiny with a perfect nature so can use it in battle . my goldeen is modest which is awesome but I dont want to use goldeen .

as for the RNG theres nothing you would be able to notice that resets the odds . I seriously doubt its one thing it more than likely is a multiple of things that come together to make it happen

That's what I thought, too, I just wanted someone else's opinion.

for example it can't be time alone because when you reach max time or are sring time doesn't change . also cant be steps alone because once again when sring you don't walk anywhere just press A a few times and Maybe start if you need to check the summury . All in ALL it's porbably time / number of button press' , trainer id (whole id not just the visable or hidden one) and maybe more things that are not as obvious all together that effect the RNG .

My shiny Blaziken is Gentle, too! It's female though. It seems like I have a nack for getting female shinies starters, all of my shinies starters are female...:laugh:

It could be steps because you must take steps to travel in your game. Besides, sometimes you can stop soft resetting for a shiny, go away, and come back for it later. By that time, you would've logged a different amount of steps. You do have a point about it not being time, but I still think time has some effect.

Also, shido, do you think the internal battery could have anything to do with the RNG? When I was soft resetting for Rayquaza on my Ruby version, I got it pretty quickly, like in two weeks, and my internal battery wasn't dead then. I've soft reset for a shiny Latias for about five months and I still haven't gotten it. I'd like to think that I'm just unlucky, but I'm curious as to whether or not the internal battery affects anything.

Edit: My record is probably either Mewtwo or Eevee. I would say Treecko because I got it on my current Sapphire's ID in less than 30 soft resets (on October 19th), but I hunted for Treecko earlier that year on what's now my Emerald1 for about a month and never got it. It's the same deal with Torchic, Dratini, Scyther, Rayquaza (hunted for it a little bit before I first joined SPPf), and Latios (lol, tried to do soft resets the long way, anyone remember that?). Definitely not Porygon because I know I was soft resetting for at least two weeks. I know I got a shiny Eevee exactly week from when I got my shiny Charmander, but I don't exactly remember how long I was hunting for Mewtwo. I would say Zapdos because I ran into it the day after I started, but I soft reset over it.

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I was going for the complete set of zubat golbat and crobat. As i had both golbat and crobat but since i lost them both i want a new record so i am going for haveing a shiny larvitar, pupitar and tyranitar after i get my shiny charmander, torchic and syther.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
That is good.
We seem to be getting alot of new members recently.
Im off for today i will be on tomorow to talk to you all again.
and anyone here can add my msn if they want.
It is [email protected]

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Oh lord.
I'm about probably almost or around 10k resets for my own Charmander and nothing. Last time I whined I got Scyther, so I'm just going to do that. XD :( Because at this rate, I won't have either Charmander or Magnemite by D/P time....

Mike_Bliss said:
This sucks. I come out here, I race my way in, and then someone beats me by just a little. This sucks. I feel like I'm going to cry. *walks away with teary eyes*

:|
Sobbing aside....
Last night I dreamed I went to get my reserved Diamond and there was a mistake on the receipt. Instead of $20 remaining to pay it was $200. O.o' I also dreamed the Phoenix Suns won the NBA Finals. :) But I want my 2 dreams to come true: Charmander and Magnemite before D/P.

Welcome, Lt. Surge Raichu person. In some people's cases, it's just dumb luck that they get their shinies. :( But in my case and a few others, as shinyhunter said, a LOT of hard work. A LOT. =/ But if you can get some shinies, you'll stand out a little. Most of the time when we get one (or I do) I don't quit. I immiediately get started on my next one, because I still have some I want (aka the ones I just mentioned above..), so it feels like I don't have the ones I have because I haven't bonded with them.
It requires alot of luck, but anymore I don't believe in luck except the bad kind and believe in hard work because that's what it has taken me to get most of my shinies. However, my first one, Beldum, it was under 100 resets to get it. Since then my "luck" has gradually worsened to the point it's at now. But I suppose I am lucky to have the 6 that I do have.
I oftentimes like to cheer newer 'hunters' on because I like to spread the love. So whatever you decide to go after, I wish you the best of luck! Because I know what it feels like not to have any, or just one. It feels like forever, and forever is not a good feeling. Who knows, you just might get your fair share.

Oh, and btw, like I usually do, I went "UGH..." when I learned shido got the Torchic....
Congratulations nevertheless.... >_>'
If competition is important, maybe I'll get Charmander soon...

Good luck one and all.

editos:
Actually, I think (I guess) it was razer302 that said it last about the hard work, but I'm fairly certain shinyhunter has said it in the past.

REGARDLESS I'M SAYIN' IT K??

K??
:P

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
ok i made this long buttmonkey post to fufu . the RNG might be effected by the internal battery dieing but since it deals with timed events like the berry growth it may not effect ur RNG at all or it might effect it but not in huge way like one of the variables might be a stagnant number and now your odds are either better or lower due to the internal batty dieing . same goes for having max hours on a game the RNG might be effected but it shouldn't stop you from encountering a shiny .

Back