• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
  • is there any other way to use more than 64x64 sprites in the pokemon games?
    I don't think so.
    If you try to import a sprite bigger than 64x64, it'll come out real ugly.
    Of course, everything is possible, but it's very, very, very, very, very difficult. And no-one has figured it out yet.
    It may require very advanced ASM.

drew6464

Spriter and composer
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    i dont mean to offend with this
    but how come alot of Spanish hacks are on ruby? i dont see anything wrong with i was just wondering why ruby
    Well, a lot of people like Ruby. It was MY first Pokemon Game EVER (inorite) but I was never fond of it and liked Sapphire better. I'm not sure... well, have you ever seen Mexicans wearing blue? They like red and yellow.

I also have some questions.

1. When I am talking with Professor Oak (Bob in my game), after I choose the name for my hero, the screen goes black. The music keeps playing...

2. The stairs in my room are bugged! I when I try to go down the stairs by moving left, it doesn't work. Then when I walk to the right I walk up invisible stairs and then appear at the bottom floor. Help...

3. In unLZ-GBA, I accidentally pressed "Run Deep Scan..." and all of the sprites became a mixture of black and dark blue dots... Help!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    How do I manually repoint data in a Hex Editor? I"m having a hard time finding solid info on this. Most repointing is done with tools people have made.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • is there any other way to use more than 64x64 sprites in the pokemon games?

The GBA is not capable of displaying sprites larger than 64x64 pixels. However, you could place two sprites next to each other to form a larger, combined sprite.

How do I manually repoint data in a Hex Editor? I"m having a hard time finding solid info on this. Most repointing is done with tools people have made.

You first need to find any instances of the pointer which points to the data that you want to repoint. Then just change the value at that address(es) to the new address. Assuming that you are changing a pointer which points to data in the ROM, the pointer will be in the format "XX XX XX 08", where each 'XX' represents a byte.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icychill66
    colcolstyles said:
    You first need to find any instances of the pointer which points to the data that you want to repoint. Then just change the value at that address(es) to the new address. Assuming that you are changing a pointer which points to data in the ROM, the pointer will be in the format "XX XX XX 08", where each 'XX' represents a byte.
    Ok, that makes perfect sense. But, how do I find the instances of the pointer? I mean, I know how to do a search to find instances, but what would the value that I will be searching for be? Say I'm trying to repoint data that was originally at 0x80012345 and repoint it to 0x80800000. Would the instances of the pointer that I search for and replace be "54 32 10 08"? And then I would replace those numbers with "00 00 08 08"?

I might have worded that weirdly.. thanks, though!

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    How do I add those breaks (kind of like commas i guess) in the text when someone is talking to you? When I put in a script with line breaks, the text just whizzes by when I talk to someone, not letting me read it and then press "A" to go on.

x Necromorph x

Super Saiyan 4
    Years
  • How do I add those breaks (kind of like commas i guess) in the text when someone is talking to you? When I put in a script with line breaks, the text just whizzes by when I talk to someone, not letting me read it and then press "A" to go on.

What you have to do is put these is the text.

\n = Next line
    \p = New Box

So set it up like this
    Hey there\nI hope this helps you.\pThese are used to\nmake the text stay apart.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    hey im having a bit of a problem with warping in advance map. the first few warps that i had done worked fine but for some reason there is one that will not work. instead of takin me inside the house its taking me to another map. It even happens if i put the warps inside this other map, it just apears in the same place, same map...if you get what i mean. any help would be appriciated thank you!

x Necromorph x

Super Saiyan 4
    Years
  • hey im having a bit of a problem with warping in advance map. the first few warps that i had done worked fine but for some reason there is one that will not work. instead of takin me inside the house its taking me to another map. It even happens if i put the warps inside this other map, it just apears in the same place, same map...if you get what i mean. any help would be appriciated thank you!

Did you double check that you put the same Map Bank and Map Number in the warp settings as the map you wanna warp to? Sometimes its easy to overlook that.

Years
  • yea i did check and double check and if you click...'go to' then it goes to the correct map

Delete the warp, on both the map it's going from and the map it's going to. Create a new one, and be sure to input the values in the correct place. Even though you said you double checked, I've a feeling that's it. Don't go saving/inserting maps just yet, it's probably not that big a problem.

Ki77y666

I'm with stupid ^
    Years
  • sorry can you explain a bit more cos i couldnt understand what you ment
    start by opening your rom (obvious) then open map (obvious again) then go File>Map...>Save map as... and same the map to your chosen location. then go File>Map...>Open map... and open the map you just saved then go File>Map...>Insert map and go to the part where it says Replace map: and enter the required information. (eg. if your map is mapnamehere (0.5) you would change the map bank: to 0 and the map no: to 5) and i recommend doing this for both maps.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back