• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Time Police - T [IC]

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • Time Police IC
    OOC

Those of you who have not yet entered into the City of Time have just been sucked up into a flashing multicolored portal and dropped in front of a certain man. To your left and right are a massive mixture of regular citizens, scientific types, monsters, indescribable entities and soldiers suited up in various styles of armor which range from stone age to futuristic. They all stand shoulder to shoulder and appear to be staring straight forward at what appears to be a rather average sized man with curly brown hair and blue eyes. The man seems almost comical to you as he's dressed in a pointed green hat with a decorative ribbon, a green jacket with white fur around the neck and wrists, tight neon green pants, a large black belt to hold it all together and tiny black shoes with toes curled up. Some of you may recognize this man to be a somewhat famous character from a christmas movie named elf. The man smiles as he sees the final few members that he's been waiting for drop into their spots and then he steps up onto a tiny podium that barely raises him two more inches off the ground, clearly meant for a person not quite his size but perhaps several feet shorter.

"Welcome all new recruits, residing citizens and research subjects. My name is Buddy, and today marks the start of your service in the Time Police. Up until a few weeks ago, the various universes and their subsequent timelines that we as a collective conscious look over have all been fine and moving on their pre-destined paths. However, as of a few weeks ago there have been multiple stipulations in the timelines of several known universes. These problems do tend to naturally correct themselves due to the changed mindsets of those affected, however the inconsistencies have been appearing in a more rapid manner than ever before and researchers believe it to be caused by the actions of some unknown entity. Due to these problems and the frequent rate of their occurrence, we have enlisted the aid of you notable fellow. Each of you are the best of the best when it comes to iterations of your own selves - if there even are multiple versions of yourself- and are the most skilled of your respective universe. Starting today we will give each and every one of you a badge. These badges will bond themselves with your bodies and allow you to survive in different terrain that you are not accustomed to or would not normally be able to survive. These badges once bonded to your bodies have an added effect, which is that in every universe which you visit during your tenure here you will gain a power that is native to the region. Though these powers will be alien to you as you begin, the longer you spend in these worlds the more you will learn and the more accustomed you will become to using your newly gained powers. Should you die while in the line of duty, the badges will transport your body back to our world and you will be put to sleep in a healing pod."

A much shorter man who was dressed nearly identical to buddy tugged on his coat and then handed him two books before going through the ranks of those who had gathered, handing out the badges that had just been explained about.

"These two books will be your best friends. Once you have a badge and it has bonded to you, you will be able to pull these books out anywhere. There is one more book, but it will only appear once you go to fix whatever it is you're going to fix. But as I was saying, one of these books is magical and allows you to read the conversations that the gods who reside over the many different universe have with each other. This book is named OOC. As of now there are six chapters in OOC; Jeimas, Venice, Titans, Camelot, ReBURST and Checkmate. The sister book to OOC is IC. IC provides a short history of the universes that you will be entering. However this book's word should not be taken to be entirely true, as you will be dealing with events both in past and future that may not have been recorded as of yet and events that have occurred may differ from what was supposed to be. It also has six chapters at this time each of which are named the same; Jeimas, Venice, Titans, Camelot, ReBURST and Checkmate."

The little man finished passing out the badges and then returned to Buddy to take the books back.

"Now if you'll look behind me, you will see a door which is connected to the edge of the universe. Now you might be thinking that this door actually goes nowhere and I just put it there for laughs... but you're wrong. On the other side of the edge of the universe is an in-between world called the Room Of Doors. For reasons unknown, the room of doors can only be opened from this side. Once you open the door and enter, you will not be able to come back until you either die or finish your task. In the room of doors there is one door for each task. However you will not know the difficulty of said task or what it entails until you enter the actual universe that it is part of. Once you do enter that world however, a third book will appear to you. This book is named PIT. PIT will open on its own and show you what problem in time you will be going after. Though the room of doors will take you to the time of the problem that needs to be fixed, there is only one door to the room of doors in each universe. So you most likely will not be dropped right in front of whatever needs fixing. And as I said before, once you enter the new world the door will be closed behind you and you won't be able to return until you die or finish your task. Once one of those two is met however, the door will reopen and you will be forcibly ejected from the world in which you are in. And if you do die in the universe you are in and decide to go back and try again, you will be dropped right back in the same moment which you entered the first time. Which means nobody you met the previous time you entered will remember you. So don't worry about if you have to go all out and reveal all your tricks in every battle."

Buddy stepped down from the podium and walked around to the side of the gathering of people and they all turned to face him in unison. And if you didn't turn with them then you're surely embarassed by not already knowing what's going on. People are probably laughing at you in their mind and thinking up jokes to make at your expense right now.

"Behind me now is the City of Time. Because of the room of door's influence on this world, the scenery is subject to change. Currently there's only about seven descript places to visit, every other thing here is just kinda here. There's nothing special about any of it regardless of what we try to do. Right now we have a bustling downtown region, complete with a horde of businessmen that cross the street and drink coffee all day while talking nonsense about big plans and meetings on their phones. There are a few nice shops around there with some pretty five star cuisine that you should check out when you have the time, but for the most part it's nothing exciting. A Superman knockoff flies around there every now and then. I really don't know where he comes from even. He just kinda appears and goes into a cafe, but anyways. The Time Police HQ is also around there. If you want to talk to the leader then that's the place to go. Other than that we have a western style saloon complete with an infinite supply of whatever alcohol you'd like that's been appear-ified from various points in history; a very high tech hangar willed with mechs and various other robotics things that I really don't know anything about; we have the actual St. Peter's Basillica which we managed to salvage before the Earth was destroyed billions of years ago; and finally we have a pretty large science lab which sells off all of its prototypes. They've been quite excited with getting to play with elements from different worlds here lately, and they'd surely love to get their hands on some physical items if you could manage that."

The same midget from earlier returned with a stack of papers and handed them to Buddy.

"Right, right. Final things before I let you all go. 'All RPT and PC rules apply' whatever that means. 'This RP will be rated T' these things really make no sense to me but I was told to read them regardless. 'No godmodding '. 'Have fun and be respectful. This is and RP for all to have fun with.' Goodness, who would ever encourage fun? Next up, the room of doors will not allow you to enter unless you are in two or more person teams. You can team up with just about anyone you want to, but there are a certain few who I would like to team up together instead of just grabbing some random so-and-so and running off. If you'd like to make three person teams with a so-and-so as a third wheel then that's fine. And finally, those select few that I would like to have work together; Ryan Grimm, Jack, Corcky, Kryxalys, Admiral Admiral Hopps, Dominic Carter, Shade and Major Tom. If you all could manage to find a way to split up into teams of two then that would be just awesome. And with that, I bid you all farewell. It's nearly Christmas and there's much work to be done still. I wish you all luck and pray that Santa be with you. Rest his soul."

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Kryxalys stood in line with the other recruits. Her eyes jumped from spot to spot as fascination set in. I don't even understand what I am looking at. Everything here seems so... foreign. And these recruits, as well. What kind of world and time could produce some of these people? Are they even people? Well, at least some of them look kind of normal. Normal being a relative term, I mean bunny ears? Must be a phase he's going through.

When the tall man had finished, Kryxalys looked over all the recruits again wondering where to start. I have to pair up with someone, too? She figured she'd not rush into a new timeline quite yet - especially when she doesn't even know who her partner would be. She decided to head down to the shopping district to find a place to relax and contemplate her intentions here.

Only a brief moment later she found herself in the bustling region that Buddy had described; people were crowding the streets. She decided to keep heading through the crowds until she reached the first high-class restaurant. Upon being shown to her table she requested a cup of tea. Staring into the cup she let her thoughts wander about what the other worlds would be like. Even some of the names seemed strange to her. Jeimas, Camelot and Venice all sounded like real places - but what world would be called ReBURST, Titans or Checkmate? How strange.

Kryxalys determined that she would look into the world of Jeimas upon receiving her badge. She looked up and sighed deeply - then began to sip her tea with care. She held out her left hand and summoned a book in front of labelled 'Jeimas'. May as well start reading into it.

Last edited:

Etherion

Dominic "Dom" Carter​

the Stickman

Inventory: magic pencil, Time Police badge
    Mission: find a decent place to eat

Busy Streets

Once out of the orientation, Dom navigated by intersections and aromas - otherwise it would be impossible to know where he was at. He moved along in the thick crowd, mostly several inches to a foot shorter than everyone else. He couldn't see the bright shop signs, or the buildings to orient him - only backpacks, coats and hair. He was frequently jostled, but then Dom don't weigh much more than a child. With the smell of coffee he knew that he needs to turn right next and start to weave his way over. The crowd parts around a newspaper dispenser but he fails and instead got smooshed up against it for a few moments. There were bemused cries, "Move it pencil man!" one shouted, he ignored them and veered into the next street to the aroma of samosas.

The smell was coming from a nearby restaurant, he entered and ordered the triangular savory pastry and a cup of coffee that he was craving. In his peripheral vision, he could see someone with a badge just like his newly acquired one. "Time Police," he thought. He turned back and saw a lady wearing a purple robe having some tea, from his stool, he turned and said. "Hey there, so are you a new recruit too?"

Back