• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] What is Pokemon medicine made of?

Years
  • This was an idea that was running in my head for a while, because I was looking at all the different medicine used to treat Pokemon and I was like "what could actually be in those medicines?".

Medicine in the Pokemon universe is used for treating status conditions, keeping Pokemon's health in good shape, and for raising stats. We know they could be made of anything, but what kinds of ingredients could you think be possible to be used for making the medicine we give to our Pokemon. Go as deep into your thoughts if you can!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Probably those bitter medical herbs and maybe some berries. You just need to get the proper mixture and that should do the trick. Technically, even things that are usually uneatabe in the games, like Miracle Seeds and Lucky Eggs could be incorporated in medicine as well.

I don't think, they're made up of artifcially created ingredients.

Years
  • As far as I know, I don't think herbal ingredients were used in the normal medicines since Pokemon hate the taste of the herbs and is the reason why they lower happiness. Being made from berries does probably make more sense, such as Cheri berries being an ingredient in Paralyze Heals, or Chesto being used in Awakening.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • so for things like potions/super potions/hyper etc theyre probably the same formula but increasing amounts, right?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • maybe it's just more of a concentrate actually? like potions are a certain % concentrated sitrus juice and then just the % concentrate goes up. i dont think mixing oran in would benefit much bc oran itself is more of a weak healing item, yknow?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • that seems like a reasonable amount cause like. there are about four oranges per 8oz of juice? but then... also it's a topically applied medication so maybe more is needed? or less because- oh!! okay so if a pokemon just eats a berry it has to be processed by their digestive system, but when you apply a concentrated topical medication it might take less because it's directly on the affected area?

Years
  • okay so if a pokemon just eats a berry it has to be processed by their digestive system, but when you apply a concentrated topical medication it might take less because it's directly on the affected area?

That could be the case since I feel the berries would get concentrated to make the formula in the first place. But since berries activate instantly when used in the situation they can be used, Pokemon seem to have fast digestion.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • hm well if we're running with that theory then i'm not sure that our concentrated juices theory still holds, yknow?

Back