• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Strider's Silver Water-Type Update 3: (Azalea Town - Goldenrod City)
    Balancing this and my Leaf Green Let's Play is fun.
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spr_2s_159.png

Tidus the Croconaw (Lv. 20)
    Scratch
    Leer
    Fury Cutter
    Water Gun

Spr_2s_195.png

Zidane the Quagsire (Lv. 20)
    Water Gun
    Tail Whip
    Slam

Spr_2s_130.png

Tifa the Gyarados (Lv. 20)
    Splash
    Tackle
    Bite

All my pokémon are the same level now. My OCD is satisfied.

Years
  • Update #3 - Kanto 3/8
    Did a little bit last night and some today. I had to get it done fast since I have work + a birthday to go to. Very little free time this weekend.

Spr_3f_012.png

Tadokoro [BUTTERFREE] ♀ Lv26
    Brave Nature @No Item
    HP:73 | ATK:36 | DEF:35 | Sp.A:52 | Sp.D:49 | SPD:41
    >Thief
    >Sleep Powder
    >PoisonPowder
    >Confusion
    Spr_3f_015.png

Raku [BEEDRILL] ♂ Lv26
    Impish Nature @No Item
    HP:75 | ATK:54 | DEF:35 | Sp.A:30 | Sp.D:47 | SPD:54
    >Poison Sting
    >Twineedle
    >Brick Break
    >Fury Attack
    Spr_3f_047.png

Sento [PARASECT] ♀ Lv26
    Impish Nature @No Item
    HP:75 | ATK:62 | DEF:53 | Sp.A:34 | Sp.D:49 | SPD:29
    >Scratch
    >Dig
    >Bullet Seed
    >PoisonPowder

-: Made my way to Vermilion, beat the trainers on the route past Diglett's Cave.
    -: Caught a Spearow and trade for Farfetch'd so I could reach 10 on the pokedex.
    -: Sento evolved at Lv24 on the S.S. Anne.
    -: Fought Gary and won. Tadokoro > Pidgeotto/Ivysaur, Raku > Raticate/Kadabra.
    -: Got Cut and Flash.
    -: Fought Lt. Surge; Tadokoro defeated Pikachu & Voltorb using Confusion + Sleep Powder. Sento defeated Raichu using a single Dig.
    -: Recieved the Thunder Badge.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Forum User Name: Darkhelmet
    Pokémon Type: Poison
    Challenge Mode: (Single, Ultimate, or Freeplay): Ultimate
    Game(s): Hacked FireRed, Crystal, Emerald, Diamond, Black, Y

Note about Hacked FireRed: Basically just a hard mode of the original FireRed that I hacked myself, only thing I changed was trainer pokemon lineups, all gym leaders have 6 pokemon, trainers pokemon are evolved to avoid the level 38 Charmander that I know someone on some route has, and the Elite 4 and Champion have far more diverse teams instead of just a single type. Oh, and the Champion is a double battle. So, yeah. If it is necessary to play the original FireRed I will do so (I know it says hacks are allowed on the front page, but I don't know if that would apply to a hack I made myself that no one has ever seen but me lol)

EDIT: Update #1

Started FireRed, chose Bulbasaur as my starter, lost the opening fight to my Rival. Did the normal footwork of running Oak's Parcel back to him, immediately ran into Viridian Forest, caught a Weedle. Trained him up a little bit, went back, fought Rival outside Pokemon League, won that. Got through Viridan Forest, evolving my Weedle into a Beedrill along the way. Got to Brock, completely forgot how easy he is with a grass pokemon since I never seem to draw them in Random Pokemon and Ones that Got Away challenges XD. Brock goes down incredibly fast, start making my way to Mount Moon. Catch a Nidoran Female on the way to Mt. Moon, a Zubat inside Mt. Moon, and an Ekans on the Cerulean side. Picked the Helix Fossil, of course (Hail Lord Helix!) Second Rival fight was a bit harder since in my hard mode hack, the Rival has a Magnemite as his first throw, and didn't have anything super effective against it. Just had to pretty much Leech Seed/Sleep Powder stall to get through him without too much damage.

Nugget Bridge and the trip to Bill's took a lot of trips back to the Pokemon Center, but got through it. Ivysaur rolled all over Misty's pokemon with Razor Leaf, got the TM for Dig, which I taught to Ekans to give him something to hit with. I made it to Vermillion and boarded the S.S. Anne, where I am currently still playing. Current party:

Spoiler:

Will update either later tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Update #4 - Kanto 4/8
    I kind of did this with a blank mind since I have a huge headache from the party last night. I only got 1 hour of sleep and I have school tomorrow, I feel terrible. Good thing to do to pass time until I'm tired and can sleep. Banner in sig again.

Spr_3f_012.png

Tadokoro [BUTTERFREE] ♀ Lv30
    Brave Nature @Cheri Berry
    HP:83 | ATK:41 | DEF:40 | Sp.A:60 | Sp.D:56 | SPD:47
    >Giga Drain
    >Sleep Powder
    >Gust
    >Psychic
    Spr_3f_015.png

Raku [BEEDRILL] ♂ Lv30
    Impish Nature @Chesto Berry
    HP:86 | ATK:62 | DEF:40 | Sp.A:34 | Sp.D:54 | SPD:62
    >Pursuit
    >Twineedle
    >Brick Break
    >Fury Attack
    Spr_3f_047.png

Sento [PARASECT] ♀ Lv30
    Impish Nature @Pecha Berry
    HP:85 | ATK:71 | DEF:62 | Sp.A:38 | Sp.D:56 | SPD:34
    >Aerial Ace
    >Dig
    >Bullet Seed
    >Spore
    Spr_3f_127.png

Rudeus [PINSIR] ♂ Lv30
    Timid Nature @Pecha Berry
    HP:81 | ATK:78 | DEF:72 | Sp.A:45 | Sp.D:52 | SPD:66
    >Vicegrip
    >Rock Slide
    >Revenge
    >Seismic Toss

-: Made it to Rock Tunnel.
    -: Made it through Rock Tunnel barely, nearly ran out of PP for all my useful moves. I could've just dug out, restored and used repels on the way back but I wanted to hold out.
    -: Skipped all the trainers possible from the exit of Rock Tunnel to Celadon City. Collected the hidden coins + bought 2050 coins. Played a bit and won exactly enough for Pinsir, 2500.
    -: Bought Lv18 Pinsir and named it Rudeus after the character from Mushoku Tensei. The final translation came out in bulk today, I guess it was sort of a 'in honour of my favourite web novel ending' thing but I really like the name Rudeus too.
    -: Grinded him to somewhere in the twenties using the trainers I skipped.
    -: Fought Erika; Rudeus beat the gym himself but it was troublesome. Victreebel paralyzed him then got OHKO'd via critical. Tangela constantly healed using Leech Seed, Ingrain and **ga Drain while I spammed Vicegrip until it ended him. Vileplume threw weak acids while it was whittled down by Seismic Toss. It was slow but it worked.
    -: Recieved the Rainbow Badge.

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Johto Pokemon Crystal Massive Update: 16/16, on our way to Mt. Silver

basically, we collected every badge in Kanto and got our free pass to Mt. Silver in preparations for an impossible battle to end this monotype challenge. To properly summarize every other Kanto gym challenged, most of them were cleared using our team's Jumpluff, Magic (ah ah awwwww!), with powerful moves such as Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, and Hidden Power ghost. The only really difficult Kanto gym leader was obviously Blue, who's level and difficulty spike compared to the rest of the game still surprises most other players up to this day.

As a bonus, we also challenged the Rival, Soichiro in Mt. Moon which i totally didn't see coming, but it wasn't a real threat compared to Blue.

UPDATE! CLOSURE!

WE DID IT BOYS AND GIRLS! We did it! We didn't think it was possible, but we thought we were going to lose (again) to Red at Mt. Silver but after some more hard work and leveling, at the expense of the Elite 4, Victory Road, and Mt. Silver's wild tenants, we finally did it! To basically summarize the whole battle, we did our best to abuse whatever built-in advantages we had. I felt that even when at more than 10 levels lower than Red's party, we could beat him as long as we removed the number one threat on his team.

VS Red.
    Spoiler:

Final Team, Levels, and Comments:
    Spr_2g_154.png
    Cheleene, 63 @ Softsand
    Hidden Power (Ghost), Earthquake, Razor Leaf, Headbutt
    = Chelenne was our team's Ace helped much of the Pre-Kanto content of the game, such as stuff the likes of Whitney, Pryce, Clair, and some members of the gen 2 Elite 4, Lance, as well as the Rival Battles. One of his highlights was soloing the Rival in Victory Road. he ended up having 4 attacks and no status moves in order to punch holes at the enemy trainers' teams with the moves he had on his set. That Soft Sand was needed in order for EQ to deal more damage than Razor Leaf, since EQ was a much more useful move on his set than any other move, aside from HP Ghost.

Spr_2g_071.png
    Moopz. 62 @ N/a
    Razor Leaf, Sludge Bomb, Sleep Powder, Growth
    = Much like Chelenne, Moopz got to see a lot of action during the pre-Kanto story and became quite the heavy hitter when Sludge Bomb came along.

Spr_2g_103.png
    Calitrilolz, 61 @ Leftovers
    Psychic, Hidden Power (Fire), Reflect, Sleep Powder
    = Undoubtedly having the best 2 attacking moves for this run and 2 useful status moves as well. Calitrilolz was the one who stepped up when critical parts of the game needed to be cleared, such as the Gen 2 Elite Four (Koga and Bruno in particular).

Spr_2g_189.png
    Magic 62 @ Leftovers (MVP!)
    Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, Mega Drain, Hidden Power (Ghost)
    = THE MVP! It took me a while to find a Hoppip but once i found that lucky Hoppip somewhere, she became the MVP of the post-Johto storyline and was pivotal in our team's conquests. Spreading Sleep and Seeds everywhere, Magic (Ah ah awwwwwww) was a threat that didn't need heavy damage attacking moves to put opponents on their knees. She was also unusually bulky due to the way Gen 2 works while having Leech Seed and Leftovers sustain. Magic was responsible for the takedown of 2 of the most threatening Pokemon that we have ever faced in this run, coming from 2 very strong trainers: Blue's Arcanine, and Red's Charizard. Without Magic's support, our team could have never won this game. To anyone who says that Supports cannot carry, Magic was blessed with Madlife's powers of carrying a team of damage dealers with extremely good support moves.

Spr_2s_047.png
    Jakkie, 53 @ N/a
    Slash, Spore, Fury Cutter, Cut

Spr_2c_114.gif
    Bushy, 54 @ n/a
    Stun Spore, Growth, Mega Drain, Hidden Power (Ice)

I have nothing more to say with the last 2 members of the team. Jakkie, being a Parasect meant that her only useful move was Spore and her crippling weaknesses and slow speed just made her dead weight for our team. She had her moments but not enough for the Kanto content of Gen 2. As for Bushy, he had his moments as well but not anything special other than chipping away Red's sleeping Charizard with HP Ice.

Last edited:

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Strider's Silver Water-Type Update 4: (Goldenrod City - Ecruteak City)
    Was my brain dead while I was playing or what?
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spr_2s_159.png

Tidus the Croconaw (Lv. 24)
    Bite
    Leer
    Fury Cutter
    Water Gun

Spr_2s_195.png

Zidane the Quagsire @ Quick Claw (Lv. 24)
    Water Gun
    Tail Whip
    Slam
    Amnesia

Spr_2s_130.png

Tifa the Gyarados (Lv. 23)
    Splash
    Tackle
    Bite
    Surf

Spr_2s_184.png

Rydia the Azumarill (Lv. 21)
    Defense Curl
    Tail Whip
    Water Gun
    Rollout

PS: Can I call this a mono-colour as well if I finish with only blue pokémon? (not a serious question)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Update #5 - Kanto 5/8
    This took two days because I underestimated how long it took to complete that split path area of the game, so many trainers. My team is complete.

Spr_3f_012.png

Tadokoro [BUTTERFREE] ♀ Lv38
    HP:103 | ATK:55 | DEF:51 | Sp.A:76 | Sp.D:71 | SPD:60
    >Giga Drain
    >Sleep Powder
    >Gust
    >Psychic
    Spr_3f_015.png

Raku [BEEDRILL] ♂ Lv38
    Impish Nature @BlackGlasses
    HP:107 | ATK:78 | DEF:51 | Sp.A:44 | Sp.D:68 | SPD:79
    >Pursuit
    >Twineedle
    >Brick Break
    >Hyper Beam
    Spr_3f_047.png

Sento [PARASECT] ♀ Lv37
    Impish Nature @No Item
    HP:103 | ATK:88 | DEF:77 | Sp.A:47 | Sp.D:67 | SPD:43
    >Aerial Ace
    >Dig
    >Slash
    >Spore
    Spr_3f_127.png

Rudeus [PINSIR] ♂ Lv37
    Timid Nature @Chesto Berry
    HP:98 | ATK:97 | DEF:90 | Sp.A:54 | Sp.D:64 | SPD:83
    >Vicegrip
    >Rock Slide
    >Revenge
    >Brick Break
    Spr_3f_049.png

Akiyama [VENOMOTH] ♀ Lv38
    Naughty Nature @No Item
    HP:111 | ATK:70 | DEF:53 | Sp.A:79 | Sp.D:59 | SPD:80
    >Secret Power
    >Psybeam
    >Toxic
    >Hidden Power

Day 01: 18/05
    -: Defeated Giovanni and got the Silph Scope.
    -: Saved Mr. Fuji and got the Poke Flute.
    -: Killed the right side Snorlax and proceeded.
    -: Caught Lv28 Venonat and named it Akiyama after the character from K-On!. This one was pretty random, I was thinking of names and a Mio picture popped up on a gif rotation, I thought about just using Mio but I preferred Akiyama for a Pokemon name.
    -: Made my way through the right path of the trek from Celadon -> Fuchsia.
    -: Akiyama evolved at Lv31 on Route 13
    Day 02: 19/05
    -: Ran to Cerulean and bought a Bicycle.
    -: Completed the left path; cycling road.
    -: Fought Koga; Rudeus sacraficed himself against the first Koffing. Sento came out to deal with Muk immediately, using Spore/Dig to stop any Sludge/Minimize attempts but was done in by a stray critical Sludge. Akiyama came out to finish the job, handled the remaining Muk, Koffing and Weezing with Psybeam's.
    -: Recieved the Soul Badge.

Years
  • OwO I finally got some progress done on my ice monotype on FR Omega- I love my team though I actually needed to EV train some of them and that took me ages x.x

Anyhow here are few new sign ups since I am nearly done with this one:

Forum User Name: AoTora
    Pokémon Type: Bug
    Challenge Mode: Single
    Game(s): Emerald
    First gym is going to be so much fun x.x

Pokémon Type: Flying
    Game(s): White 2

Pokémon Type: Fire
    Game(s): Black 2

Pokémon Type: Flying
    Game(s): AoTora (Necrum: What?)
    Again, first gym is going to be so much fun x.x

Pokémon Type: Rock
    Game(s): Crystal

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Update #6 - Kanto 6/8
    I didn't spend much time on this, VBA suddenly went to 600% speed so it went by very quickly. I'm nearly done I guess, 3/4 the way there. I didn't feel like making a post about it but it's past midnight so I might as well not postpone it.

Spr_3f_012.png

Tadokoro [BUTTERFREE] ♀ Lv42
    HP:113 | ATK:60 | DEF:56 | Sp.A:85 | Sp.D:79 | SPD:67
    >Giga Drain
    >Sleep Powder
    >Gust
    >Psychic
    Spr_3f_015.png

Raku [BEEDRILL] ♂ Lv42
    HP:117 | ATK:87 | DEF:57 | Sp.A:50 | Sp.D:75 | SPD:88
    >Agility
    >Twineedle
    >Brick Break
    >Hyper Beam
    Spr_3f_047.png

Sento [PARASECT] ♀ Lv41
    Impish Nature @No Item
    HP:114 | ATK:98 | DEF:86 | Sp.A:52 | Sp.D:75 | SPD:48
    >Aerial Ace
    >Dig
    >Slash
    >Spore
    Spr_3f_127.png

Rudeus [PINSIR] ♂ Lv41
    HP:109 | ATK:108 | DEF:99 | Sp.A:60 | Sp.D:71 | SPD:95
    >Vicegrip
    >Rock Slide
    >Revenge
    >Brick Break
    Spr_3f_049.png

Akiyama [VENOMOTH] ♀ Lv41
    Naughty Nature @No Item
    HP:120 | ATK:75 | DEF:58 | Sp.A:87 | Sp.D:63 | SPD:86
    >Secret Power
    >Psybeam
    >Toxic
    >Hidden Power

-: Made it to Silph Co. and defeated the trainers inside.
    -: Beat Giovanni and got the Master Ball.
    -: Fought Sabrina; Raku defeated Kadabra and Mr. Mime w/ Twineedle, Sento defeated Alakazam w/ Slash, and Rudeus defeated Kadabra w/ Vicegrip.
    -: Recieved the Marsh Badge.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Strider's Silver Water-Type Update 5: (Ecruteak City - Cianwood City)
    Special double feature today because I didn't take that many screenshots and because you can fight Jasmine immediately after Chuck.
    Spoiler:

So I literally finish writing the update and the site goes down, so I have to rewrite a big chunk. *cries in a corner*

Team:

Spr_2s_159.png

Tidus the Croconaw (Lv. 28)
    Bite
    Scary Face
    Fury Cutter
    Water Gun

Spr_2s_195.png

Zidane the Quagsire @ Quick Claw (Lv. 28)
    Water Gun
    Tail Whip
    Slam
    Amnesia

Spr_2s_130.png

Tifa the Gyarados (Lv. 28)
    Dragon Rage
    Strength
    Bite
    Surf

Spr_2s_184.png

Rydia the Azumarill (Lv. 28)
    Defense Curl
    Tail Whip
    BubbleBeam
    Rollout

Tidus is SO underwhelming right now, being a starter and all. Don't be surprised if he knows Surf by the end of next update.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • [Update #6 - Kanto 6/8
    Spoiler:
    God your team brings back memories. It's the exact same team I used in my LG Bug Mono 3 years ago.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Signing up a new challenge:

Forum Username: Xin ZhaoYun (Formerly Mega Xin Zhao)
    Type: Steel
    Game: Platinum (with a minor mod where all trade evolutions are removed, so its still Platinum)
    Extra restrictions: Set battle mode throughout the game, No use of healing items and revives in trainer battles.

I'd like to sign up for a new monotype run. Though I'll do my best to be more active because of major academic requirements such as Thesis proposals and alla dat. Its a way for me to celebrate my recently completed Tri-Regional Grass type challenge and the minor Gen 1 Normal Type monorun.

Years
  • God your team brings back memories. It's the exact same team I used in my LG Bug Mono 3 years ago.
    Nice, I feel like Scyther would be more popular than Pinsir but I'm glad it gets some love too. Just curious, how was going up against the E4 with bug's? I'm dreading the worst. I think Pinsir and Parasect will be able to carry the team somewhat well during the tough parts.

Update #7 - Kanto 7/8
    I really dislike the water part of this game, the entire trek from Sabrina to Blaine is a little too boring for me. I managed to push myself through it, if I leave it too long I'll have trouble returning to it.

Spr_3f_012.png

Tadokoro [BUTTERFREE] ♀ Lv46
    HP:124 | ATK:68 | DEF:62 | Sp.A:93 | Sp.D:88 | SPD:75
    >Giga Drain
    >Shadow Ball
    >Gust
    >Psychic
    Spr_3f_015.png

Raku [BEEDRILL] ♂ Lv46
    HP:128 | ATK:98 | DEF:63 | Sp.A:54 | Sp.D:82 | SPD:98
    >Return
    >Twineedle
    >Brick Break
    >Hyper Beam
    Spr_3f_047.png

Sento [PARASECT] ♀ Lv46
    Impish Nature @Quick Claw
    HP:127 | ATK:110 | DEF:97 | Sp.A:59 | Sp.D:84 | SPD:56
    >Aerial Ace
    >Dig
    >Slash
    >Spore
    Spr_3f_127.png

Rudeus [PINSIR] ♂ Lv46
    HP:123 | ATK:123 | DEF:113 | Sp.A:67 | Sp.D:79 | SPD:110
    >Vicegrip
    >Rock Slide
    >Revenge
    >Brick Break
    Spr_3f_049.png

Akiyama [VENOMOTH] ♀ Lv45
    Naughty Nature @No Item
    HP:132 | ATK:83 | DEF:64 | Sp.A:97 | Sp.D:71 | SPD:98
    >Secret Power
    >Psybeam
    >Toxic
    >Solarbeam

Day 1: 21/05
    -: Explored the Safari Zone; collected a few items, TMs, Surf and the Gold Teeth
    -: Took a Hitmonchan from the Fighting Dojo to use for Strength.
    -: Took Squirtle from the PC to use for Surf.
    -: Took Farfetch'd from the PC to use Fly.
    -: Beat all the trainers on the water routes.
    Day 2: 22/05
    -: Entered the Pokemon Mansion. Seriously had so many battles it wasn't funny. The encounter rate must've been super high because every 8 steps was a battle. I fought anyway because I'm going to need the experience desperately later.
    -: Collected the Secret Key. I realised Sludge Bomb was post-game and taught Raku Return instead. Seems like a decent choice, having Endeavor might have been a better move but we'll see in time. Return is working wonders at the moment.
    -: Fought Blaine; Rudeus OHKO'd Ponyta, Growlithe and Rapidash. Rudeus landed one Rock Slide on Arcanine but got OHKO'd himself. Akiyama landed a Toxic then got OHKO'd. While Blaine wasted his turn using a full heal instead of a Hyper Potion due to the Toxic, Raku finished it with Hyper Beam.
    -: Received Volcano Badge.

Years
  • ICE MONOTYPE [FIRE RED OMEGA]

I have finally completed the ice monotype challenge on FR Omega! No champion battle this time around - I was fiddling around with settings on emulator and unfortunately I managed to screw up some visual properties and everything became very flashy so I decided not to share a video like that D:

Anyhow:

Hall of fame:

Spoiler:

Final Team:
    215.gif

Asante|Male|Gentle Nature|Keen Eye|Lvl 71
    Brick Break
    Icy Wind
    Beat Up
    Slash
    I liked using him because he was fast and slash did some damage -though I really hated the lack of physical moves I could add to his moveset :(

221.gif

Ellie|Female|Lonely Nature|Oblivious|Lvl 71
    Earthquake
    Strength
    Blizzard
    Rock Slide
    I loved using her! She was such a monster, dishing out hits left and right and taking on a lot of attacks eating them up like there's no tomorrow <3

225.gif

Shadow|Female|Careful Nature|Vital Spirit|Lvl 70
    Fly
    Present
    Water Pulse
    Aerial Ace
    Shadow actually surprised me - she could take some hits and take out a lot of pokemon - Though I really really disliked the fact that she could only learn Present without TMs >_<

124.gif

Nickey|Female|Hasty Nature|Oblivious|Lvl 71
    Ice Punch
    Mega Punch
    Ice Beam
    Psychic
    I always liked Jynx's typing and she was a good addition to the team- I loved using her, even though the first two gyms were kinda boring because she pretty much soloed through them.

087.gif

Kania|Female|Bold Nature|Thick Fat|Lvl 70
    Ice Beam
    Rest
    Surf
    Take Down
    I loved using her - I used dewgong before and I loved her as always <3

365.gif

Elsa|Female|Brave Nature|Thick Fat|Lvl 70
    Aurora Beam
    Surf
    Ice Ball
    Body Slam
    I loved using her too she was awesome tank! Taking hits like there's no tomorrow :3

Years
  • Update #8 - Kanto 8/8
    The final stretch~, Not much to say really. This was done a little slower than my fire run but it was fun. One gym per day, one per two days in some cases. Bugs are cool.

Spr_3f_012.png

Tadokoro [BUTTERFREE] ♀ Lv48
    HP:129 | ATK:71 | DEF:65 | Sp.A:97 | Sp.D:92 | SPD:79
    >Giga Drain
    >Shadow Ball
    >Silver Wind
    >Psychic
    Spr_3f_015.png

Raku [BEEDRILL] ♂ Lv48
    HP:134 | ATK:104 | DEF:67 | Sp.A:57 | Sp.D:86 | SPD:102
    >Return
    >Twineedle
    >Brick Break
    >Hyper Beam
    Spr_3f_047.png

Sento [PARASECT] ♀ Lv48
    HP:132 | ATK:116 | DEF:103 | Sp.A:62 | Sp.D:87 | SPD:58
    >Aerial Ace
    >Dig
    >Slash
    >Spore
    Spr_3f_127.png

Rudeus [PINSIR] ♂ Lv48
    HP:129 | ATK:129 | DEF:118 | Sp.A:70 | Sp.D:82 | SPD:115
    >Vicegrip
    >Rock Slide
    >Earthquake
    >Brick Break
    Spr_3f_049.png

Akiyama [VENOMOTH] ♀ Lv48
    Naughty Nature @No Item
    HP:142 | ATK:89 | DEF:68 | Sp.A:103 | Sp.D:75 | SPD:105
    >Secret Power
    >Psybeam
    >Toxic
    >Solarbeam

-: Travelled to One Island.
    -: Completed the Island Sidequest.
    -: Fought Giovanni; Tadokoro destroyed Rhyhorn, Rhyhorn and Dugtrio using Giga Drain as well as defeating Nidoqueen using Psychic. Nidoking got a critical (:T) and Akiyama finished it with Psybeam.
    -: Received Earth Badge.

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Update #4: Grass - Platinum
    I might have been a bit (a lot) overleveled for the Elite Four, but I really don't like struggling through it and depending on getting crits and not getting crits against, etc. I still didn't one-shot everything and Cynthia's Garchomp was a level higher than (most) of my team. Grass is, dare I say, my least favorite type and it still is, though I do like some of the Pokémon I've used as they've really surprised me.

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    389.png

Terraform the Lax Torterra (M) @ Lv.62
    Ability: Overgrow
    Item: Razor Fang
    Giga Drain, Crunch, Earthquake, Stone Edge
    407.png

Snips the Hasty (Shiny) Roserade (M) @ Lv.60
    Ability: Poison Point
    Item: Poison Barb
    Toxic, Synthesis, Sludge Bomb, Petal Dance
    413.png

Nariselle the Naughty Wormadam (F) @ Lv.60
    Ability: Anticipation
    Item: Quick Claw
    Psychic, Leaf Storm, Bug Bite, Hidden Power
    470.png

Fern the Sassy Leafeon (M) @ Lv.61
    Ability: Leaf Guard
    X-scissor, Swords Dance, Giga Drain, Strength
    357.png

Bananaz the Gentle Tropius (F) @ Lv.61
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Air Slash, Body Slam, Magical Leaf, Fly
    460.png

Hugo the Bold Abomasnow (M) @ Lv.61
    Ability: Snow Warning
    Item: NeverMeltIce
    Brick Break, Giga Drain, Ice Punch, Rock Climb

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Strider's Silver Water-Type Update 6: (Cianwood City - Mahogany Town)
    I played through this some time ago, but didn't feel like making an update until now, sorry. Also you'll notice Tifa doesn't know Strength anymore, that's because I lost my savefile and had to fight Chuck and Jasmine again.
    Spoiler:

Team:

Spr_2s_160.png

Tidus the Feraligatr (Lv. 33)
    Bite
    Scary Face
    Fury Cutter
    Surf

Spr_2s_195.png

Zidane the Quagsire @ Quick Claw (Lv. 33)
    Surf
    Tail Whip
    Slam
    Amnesia

Spr_2s_130.png

Tifa the Gyarados (Lv. 33)
    Dragon Rage
    Bite
    Tackle
    Surf

Spr_2s_184.png

Rydia the Azumarill (Lv. 32)
    Defence Curl
    Tail Whip
    BubbleBeam
    Rollout

Spr_2s_131.png

Rinoa the Lapras (Lv. 32)
    Surf
    Sing
    Perish Song
    Body Slam

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • I found my old save file on Pokemon XD, I am doing a water monotype. My final update will be when I am finished with the story (i.e. defeat Greevil after encountering Shadow Lugia).

Right now I have Vaporeon, Sharpedo, Quagsire, and Dewgong, all at L37-38, with Spheal (L31) boxed.

Years
  • Update #9 - Kanto Complete
    I fought the E4 twice, the first time at all Lv50 where I only made it to Lance before being destroyed so I ended up having to grind for a few days :/ Well, it's done either way~. It was fun. Rudeus was MVP, Raku was LVP. 200th post was this, fitting since most of my posts are about this challenge.

Spr_3f_012.png

Ranking: B+
    Tadokoro [BUTTERFREE] ♀ Lv59
    Brave Nature @No Item
    HP:158 | ATK:89 | DEF:79 | Sp.A:120 | Sp.D:112 | SPD:97
    >Giga Drain
    >Shadow Ball
    >Silver Wind
    >Psychic
    Spr_3f_015.png

Ranking: D
    Raku [BEEDRILL] ♂ Lv58
    Impish Nature @Cheri Berry
    HP:161 | ATK:126 | DEF:80 | Sp.A:68 | Sp.D:103 | SPD:123
    >Double-Edge
    >Twineedle
    >Brick Break
    >Hyper Beam
    Spr_3f_047.png

Ranking: B
    Sento [PARASECT] ♀ Lv58
    HP:157 | ATK:140 | DEF:125 | Sp.A:74 | Sp.D:105 | SPD:70
    >Aerial Ace
    >Dig
    >Slash
    >Spore
    Spr_3f_127.png

Ranking: A
    Rudeus [PINSIR] ♂ Lv59
    HP:156 | ATK:159 | DEF:145 | Sp.A:86 | Sp.D:101 | SPD:143
    >Swords Dance
    >Rock Slide
    >Earthquake
    >Brick Break
    Spr_3f_049.png

Ranking: C
    Akiyama [VENOMOTH] ♀ Lv58
    Naughty Nature @No Item
    HP:169 | ATK:110 | DEF:82 | Sp.A:125 | Sp.D:91 | SPD:127
    >Secret Power
    >Psychic
    >Toxic
    >Solarbeam

Elite Four Round 1: Lv50
    Spoiler:
    Elite Four Round 2: Lv58
    Spoiler:

Also as a little compilation thing; all my signature pictures
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    @Crackin How do you make those sigs? I like them.

On-topic: Its been a busy week for me, no time for pokemon. I am up to the elite 4 where I stalled at the champion....stupid champ leading with Magneton and Arcanine who completely ruin my Nidoqueen before she can Earthquake....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back