• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently playing? V4

pkmin3033

Waiting for Tales of Arise to release so I'm replaying Borderlands at the moment, it's been YEARS and it's...harder than I remember it being, actually. Or should I say, stricter with levels. Trying to take on a mission/enemy even one level below the recommended means I either dump a fuckton of ammo into enemies or I die. So the answer is to do the missions in order and do a Level 15 mission when I am actually Level 15, haha. I may or may not finish this in a week before Arise comes out, but it's delightfully nostalgic.

Taking a break before I play GAA2 to read through Cafe Enchante, which despite its endearing cast isn't as engaging as the last otome I read - Code Realize - and is riddled with frustrating typos and grammatical errors. My brain autocorrects them, but it's still pretty poor work from Aksys and definitely not what I expected. I also dug out Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light, which is probably one of the more obscure FF titles out there and was the inspiration for Bravely Default. It's...much more punishing than Bravely Default, haha. The need to grind is very real, it's VERY stingy with gems to upgrade crowns, and it favours the old system of letting you know where to go by punishing you with enemies that will annihilate you if you go anywhere else. But I'm enjoying it! I never did finish it so this is a new experience for me.

pkmin3033

Finished Cafe Enchante, so picked up The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve as my next VN. Also decided to finally play Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle for...some reason. Maybe for a change of pace. I don't like the rabbids, but the gameplay thus far has been quite enjoyable and Kirkhope's score is, as always, impeccable. It's a fairly good time.

Struggling to get into Tales of Arise. Alas.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Struggling to get into Tales of Arise. Alas.
    A friend of mine said the story premise is interesting but its execution, not so much.

Right now I'm playing Ys IX. This is apparently easier than Ys VIII so I'm playing it on nightmare. It's a nice challenge.

just finished the main story of Ys8 - Lacrimosa of Dana, and will be moving on to Ys9 - Monstrum Nox and tackling the post game of Ys8 whenever I feel like switching things up. Highly recommend if you like the Tale of series
    I went from Origin -> Celceta -> 8 and now 9. Had fun in all of them, with Ys 8 being the most fun. The OST was nice too! And I'm really glad they brought back raids and hunts in a different form through the Grimwald Nox in Yx IX. Those were really fun in Ys 8.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Online now
    Alternating between Tales of Arise and Xenoblade Chronicles DE. Arise arrived the other day and it's easily a contender for my personal GOTY - the environments are so aesthetically pleasing and the combat is quite fun imo. Enemy variety is a bit lacking though.
    As for Xenoblade (lategame spoilers)
    Spoiler:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I finished Trails of Cold Steel 1 last night. Overall I did enjoy this game. I really did. The story was what kept me going for the most part. Plus it's just so much like the Persona series it's scary lol.

I struggled way too much with this game but I was told, repeatedly, that the first game in this franchise is the hardest so we'll see if that's true or not. Regardless I always ended up persevering eventually. The final couple of bosses in the game were a breeze. Which was nice considering the almost-impossible BS I ended up dealing with for the final Old Schoolhouse boss. Hopefully this won't happen with any of the other games. But again we'll see.

Either way I hate cliffhanger endings and I was planning on doing this anyway (because I already knew the first game had a cliffhanger ending beforehand). I'll be playing the next game in the series, Trails of Cold Steel II (2) as soon as possibly tonight. I'm hoping I won't struggle as much with this one and it'll be a lot easier. I guess I'll find out.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Online now
    Completed Arise and Xenoblade DE, so I've moved on to Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Haven't even played through the first hour yet so I have no idea what to expect. Pyra when

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    BotW. I think I'm now having an easier time with this game. I'm far from beating the game but I still want to try out some shenanigans. Though, getting the Master Sword early definitely showed that I can mess up even the easiest glitches. xD

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Online now
    Dropped Xenoblade 2 and picked up Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. I'm currently on chapter 2 with some rookies and 1 champion (Gargomon).

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Dropped Xenoblade 2 and picked up Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. I'm currently on chapter 2 with some rookies and 1 champion (Gargomon).

Oh how's it? I've always wanted to try it out :O

As for me it's still Ys IX 😅I had a bunch of college work so put it on hold but the game is LOVELY

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Online now
    Oh how's it? I've always wanted to try it out :O
    Cyber Sleuth is very grindy (especially if you want a Mega level Digimon) and the overworld map sucks but it's still fun. The combat's surprisingly deep, feels closer to SMT/Persona than Pokémon imo. Collecting Digimon is so addicting too 😳
    I'm 18 hours in and I've just reached chapter 6 with a couple of Ultimates. Feels like the halfway point is coming.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    Been all over the place lately. Been playing Nexomon Extinction, Pokemon Unite, and Mario Kart 8 DX

Back