• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Pokerus? Ever had it?

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2016
    I got Pokerus for the first time in X & totally freaked out!! :P I thought my Pokemon was going to die or something lol
    It took me a while to find out that it was a good thing xD I was also very lucky to get a shiny lvl 86 Pinsir with Pokerus in a wonder trade!
    I thought it was like a new feature & had no idea Pokerus existed in the older games :P

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I've never gotten Pokérus in second gen. First time I ever got it was in 3rd gen, so for the longest time I never even knew it was possible to get it back in second gen haha

Years
  • I got my shots as a kid, so thankfully I never got Pokerus.

A Diglett that I caught in Gold had it though. Don't know if I quite understood what Pokerus did when I was younger though, and I'm pretty sure it went right into the PC never to come out once I found out it was infected with it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    When I did the cloning Glitch, I messed up my Save, and during that period I experienced some really strange glitches on my save. One of them were that every single one of my Pokemon had the Pokèrus. And every single Pokemon I caught in the grass had the Rus. I didn't knew what it was at the time, because internet were kinda new and all, but because of the name, I got kinda creeped out and believed there were something seriously wrong with my Pokèmon. I started to believe that some kind of epidemic happened in my game and that all of my Pokemon were beyond save. Which, ironically, they were, because I kept doing the cloning glitch and f-up fa real, resulting in me being forced to restart my save. Since then, I have never, ever encountered the Pokèrus again.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Not in gen 2, no. I've only ever gotten it through traded Pokémon. SoulSilver was the very first time I got Pokérus on my own, on a Latias I was in the middle of EV training...

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • I got it on my Typhlosion at some point. I can't remember from which pokemon. But all I remember is trying to get rid of it because I didn't like seeing it lol I think I was to young to really understand what it was for.

Back