• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Challenge: MMOPokeRP Seasons Style (Sign ups Closed)

Years
  • e5013170.gif
    THE CHALLENGE
    e5013170.gif

Seasons Style

Tournament is under way: It is currently Day 10
    Day 10 events can be found here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6828428&posted=1#post6828428

What exactly is The Challenge?
    This challenge is like a challenge within a challenge (lol lost? It will make sense soon) where simple actions done within your Pokemon game can help you take on you compete against your opponents, who happen to be everyone else that signs up. Unlike traditional challenges you have to use time wisely to survive.

How the Game is played:
    In your copy (whether it be emulator or hard copy) of Ruby or Sapphire version (no Emerald) you will be playing The Pokemon Seasons challenge Found here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=247587 Once you sign up a season will be assigned to you. Ignore Expert Mode

To make it easier thanks to JD and Jespoke I have a list of Pokemon that are available for you to use for R/S using the Seaons Challenge
    Winter
    Spoiler:

Spring
    Spoiler:

Summer
    Spoiler:

Fall
    Spoiler:

Time Allotment: Unlike other challenges there is a time limit to this game, you may only play your game for no more than 30 minutes a day, no speed button.

Points: This whole challenge revolves around points and it's not quite hard to obtain them, if you use your 30 minutes wisely of course. Located in this thread is a points table, when you collect Pokemon, Track down TM's, and clear areas of their trainers you'll receive points and be able to use them in the Store.

Items and Beating the Game The winner of the game is the one who can manage to capture Rayquaza as well as Latias and Latios, so I know what you're thinking. I'm not one of those project alpha competitors how can I keep up and beat the others with only 30 minutes a day? Items is how, using those points you been collecting the store offers a wide variety of items which can be used to box your opponent's party members, slow their time down, or even force them to start a brand new game. Don't worry they plan on doing the same to you so stock up on protection charms.

Events It's not just opponents against you, the game itself will try and slow you down, but sometimes it can help as well. At the start of every tournament day using RNG random events can occur that can effect individuals, the store, or the group as a whole. It's not all bad though for there is also a lottery every day where one lucky person receives points or even exclusive items. Another game changing event is several different bombs that will be handed out, if you have the bomb, once you finished your task for the day hand it to someone else. Eventually it will explode (just like playing hot potato) and the one holding it at the time of explosion will either be very lucky or very unfortunate.

Quests and Alchemy There are going to be some items you cannot receive through even the lottery, so there is 2 ways to get them. Following an alchemy recipe you mix 3 different items to create what you need, or check the quest section. I'll be posting certain things, that when done, will get you a treasure chest with points and exclusive items, but make sure to work on the quest quickly, once someone beats it the quest will disappear.

RULES
    In Game: Follow all Season specific rules to your game that the Seasons Challenge forum. Additional Rules as follows: must have 4 Pokemon in your party by the 4th gym, 6 pokemon in your party by the 7th. If one of your Pokemon get boxed, you cannot continue with your journey any further til you have the right amount of party members. In the beginning of the game if there is no required Pokemon before the first gym feel free to hack 1 in.

Keep Your Team Leveled: This isn't a solo challenge, all party members CANNOT be less than 5 levels lower than your highest leveled Pokemon.

BE ACTIVE I cannot stress this enough for this challenge, subscribe to the forum so when you know there is a reply (it could be me starting a tournament day or someone using an item against you) after every time you play you must update with your points, if you report your points on another day you don't get them. If I don't hear from you within 3 days you are out of the game. (Unless you have vacation or will be away from the computer contact me and we'll work something out.

Tournament Days You may not use your 30 minutes until I declare it a tournament day, due to time zone differences and such it's just easier to start when I say start, that and I need to decide the daily events and lottery.

You only get 30 minutes I won't squabble over 1 or 2 minutes off of your in game time, because I know you want to finish the battle your stuck in and probably take notes during your journey so you can accurately add up your points. However, only do this in one sitting, no playing for 10 minutes in the morning than another 20 later. Once you shut your game off you're done. Once again, remember, no speed button allowed in this challenge.

Rules on Items You cannot use an item the same day you acquired it, unless, it is a lottery gift. You may also trade items, you cannot just give them away though (like in a Pokemon game) there must be an exchange of goods. However, if you get bored you should make a Will & Testament in case you /rage quit or disappear for 3 days your items won't go to waste and will go to someone. In this thread is a nice alchemy shop to combine your lesser items into greater items, sadly, you may only use alchemy once a day.

Misc: If Sudden Change is cast on you, you may pick whatever season you'd like to switch to, but you may never repeat seasons until you've run through them all.

e5013170.gif
    THE CHALLENGERS
    e5013170.gif
    Here is the status of your opponents make sure to check here often.

Spoiler:

e5013170.gif
    SHOP, QUESTS, AND MISC
    e5013170.gif
    Here is where all the information about items as well as other in-game events can be found

POINTS TABLE
    This is the official chart to keep in mind when you play the game. Every time you complete one of your task you gain the following points:
    (Things found with Pick Up Ability Doesn't Count)

Every Pokemon added to the Pokedex - 2 points
    Every TM / HM obtained or found (Gym Leaders don't count) - 5 points
    Clear the Gym of all Trainers - 10 points
    Catching a Legendary Pokemon - 50 points
    Every Rare Candy found - 10 points
    Every Nugget found - 10 points
    Every Hidden Item Found - 10 points
    Every elemental stone found - 5 points
    If playing Sapphire Version every blue or water pokemon caught - additional 3 points
    If playing Ruby Version every red or fire pokemon caught - additional 3 points
    All Elemental Stones Found - 5 points
    Clear all trainers in Slateport including beach and soda shop - 10 points
    Clear all trainers on Cycling Road - 10 points
    Clear all trainers on Mt. Chimney + Jagged Pass - 15 points
    Clear all trainers on Route 118 + 119 = 15 points
    Clear all trainers on Victory Road = 25 points

ITEM SHOP
    This is the official store where you can exchange your points for items. Prices are also always subject to change

UmbreonPokeball2.jpg

Dark Pokeball
    Evil Item that allows user to force their opponent to box a party Pokemon of User's choice
    Cost: 45 points

Clock.gif

Stop Watch
    Evil Item that can be cast on opponent that will take 15 minutes out of their allowed time
    Cost: 45 points

ruby.png

Ruby
    Item that has no function other than looking pretty, but can be used for alchemy (only Ruby users can purchase this item)
    Cost: 50 points

factory-pack-rhinestones-ss5-non-hotfix-light-sapphire-58-p.jpg

Sapphire
    Item that has no function other than looking pretty, but can be used for alchemy (only Sapphire users can purchase this item)
    Cost 50 points

oi7wia.png

Phoenix Down
    If you're Pokemon has been boxed by a Dark Pokeball use this item to bring it back
    Cost: 60 points

icyrock.gif

Freeze Frame
    Opponent of your choice isn't allowed to play their game for a whole tournament day
    Cost: 75 points

204.gif

Protection Charm
    Protects the wearer from any items used against them, lasts for 3 tournament days
    Cost: 85 points

24orb.png

Sudden Change Orb
    Cast this on an opponent and they'll be forced to change seasons, which means they must box all team members that don't apply to their new team requirements
    Cost: 85 points

Exclusive Items
    This is a list of items that can only be obtained through lottery and quests gifts

Dark_star.PNG

Black Out
    Evil Item that allows user to force their opponent to start a new game (opponent will still keep their points and items from the thread)

Bag_Lunar_Wing_Sprite.png

Switch Aura
    Force your opponent to switch points with you

90638.png

Clock
    Adds an extra 30 minutes to your time allotment

sprite4ax8.png

Counter Blade
    Hidden Concealed Item that works once an opponent attacks you and fires the attack back at them (if a Dark Pokeball was used on you DM will decide what Pokemon gets boxed)

Spr_5b_595.png

Joltik the Snitch
    This isn't a Gen V challenge, but Joltik is here to help you out. Instead of using it on your opponent Laure (the DM) is your target. Unleash this on her and she'll be forced to tell you important information, such as: Which one of your opponents has a counter item, when the bomb in play will explode, what the bomb will do when it explodes, and what one and only one of the quests treasure chest contains to see if it is worth your time. Answer will be given to you in the form of Private Message so none of your opponents are wise.

Alchemy Recipes
    List of recipes to help make ultimate items

Clock.gif
    +
    Clock.gif
    +
    90638.png
    =
    Tingle_Watch_Sprite.png

Stoploss
    All Opponents may only play 15 minutes the following tournament day after this spell is cast

Clock.gif
    +
    90638.png
    +
    90638.png
    +
    =
    88.gif

Melting Clock
    The following tournament day after this spell is cast, no opponents are allowed to play their game for the day, but the user gets an additional hour

ruby.png
    +
    UmbreonPokeball2.jpg
    +
    Bag_Lunar_Wing_Sprite.png
    =
    Bag_Toxic_Orb_Sprite.png

Toxic Orb
    Item that can be stuck on an opponent, once attached opponent will only receive half of the points they earned during game play. Only way to get rid of the orb is to trade somebody (yeah good luck), start a new game, or get an antidote

oi7wia.png
    +
    oi7wia.png
    +
    oi7wia.png
    =
    antidote.png

Antidote
    The only item in the game that can shatter your toxic orb, other than a black out of course

ruby.png
    +
    +
    sprite4ax8.png
    +
    UmbreonPokeball2.jpg
    =
    metal_king_sword.png

Absolution Blade
    The ultimate weapon that can be used on 3 opponents at a time to force them to start a new game. THE ONLY ITEM THAT CAN SHATTER PROTECTION CHARMS.

+
    oi7wia.png
    +
    UmbreonPokeball2.jpg
    +
    24orb.png
    =
    dice.gif

Dice of Fate
    Step up step up and take a fun little gamble. When you use this item pick heads or tails, and the DM will flip the coin. If it's in your favor, it will be a happy day. All your points will double, know those items you have? The Dice's power will upgrade them into much more powerful items. Now what if the odds aren't in your favor? The house always wins. Say good-bye half of your points, your items will be downgraded, and in most cases taken away. It's a complete gamble, but it's 50/50 odds.

ruby.png
    +
    icyrock.gif
    +
    24orb.png
    =
    Tornado.jpg

Vortex
    Opponent scaring you with the way they've been collecting items? Simply send them into a vortex. Once this powerful tornado hits them their inventory will be completely empty.

88.gif
    +
    metal_king_sword.png
    +
    ruby.png
    +
    ruby.png
    +
    Dark_star.PNG
    =
    Evil_Eye_Original_Sprite.gif

Creature of Darkness...
    Some of the most powerful items in the game put together will earn you the right summon this cruel creature. Using its power you may wreck havoc on the whole field. Using its powerful attack all protection charms on the field will shatter and all opponents will be forced to start a new game. Once cast the creature will disappear, taking all your items and points as tribute, and leave you the last one alive.

+
    +
    204.gif
    +
    antidote.png
    +
    metal_king_sword.png
    =
    FF_Fables_CT_chocobo_sprite_2.png

Protection of the Choboco
    Can't have an RPG without a Choboco. As you see this recipe also needs very rare items, one of which being the Absolution Blade, which you could use to summon the Creature of Darkness. That would be very cruel of you though? Being the gentle soul that you are, use these items for good and not evil, not to mention this spell will help you win the game. The Choboco will act as your personal protector. It isn't fast enough to stop Dark Pokeballs, switch items, or a toxic orb, but Sudden Change, Black Out, and Absolution Blade have no effect on it. If someone else summons the Creature of Darkness the monster won't find you, (but it will find your wallet and all your points will be taken away). Your Choboco, unlike the protection charm, will never fade and remain by your side for the rest of the game. No longer having to worry about the pesky new games you can continue your journey without fear.

BOMBS
    List of the effects bombs can have on you, if they happen to explode on you. Protection Charms can't save you from bombs. Remember if you have one on you when you enter in your points and activities for the day you have to name someone you want to pass it to. If holder of bomb wasn't active that day bomb will be randomly handed to someone else.

Big Bomb- When explodes cost the user 50 points
    Perfect Bomb- All Points and Items are taken away
    Confetti Bomb- User gets 50 points
    Grand Bomb- User gets 100 points
    Smoke Bomb- Starting the next tournament day the user is prohibited from playing for 2 days
    Clockwork Bomb- Starting the next tournament day the user gets an additional hour added to their additional time
    Killer Bomb- Boxes 2 random Pokemon on user's team
    Doom Bomb- Same effect as Blackout, user must restart game
    Prize Bomb- User gets 3 random items
    Bargain Bomb- User gets 50% off all items in the store for 3 days
    Inflation Bomb- Store is 50% more expensive for user for 3 days
    Toxic Bomb- Toxic Orb is forced on user
    Enchanted Bomb- User is given a protection charm that last for 5 days, if user already has protection charm it is recharged
    Peace Bomb- in your game for 2 days you may not battle any trainers of any kind, even if it means you can't advance your journey
    Lololololololol Bomb- Forces you to nickname all your pokemon "Lol", "Lolololol", "Epic Lol" or LLLOOOLLL! for the rest of the challenge

QUESTS
    Here is a list of in game tasks that if you fulfill you receive a treasure chest with exclusive items and points. Remember, once someone unlocks the treasure chest it is gone, so think wisely on if you wish to complete one. Quests are in order of difficulty and the harder the quest the better the prize.

SD3_Treasure_Chest_Big.png

1st Route Grind
    Even though you may only use season Pokemon to battle trainers and gym leaders to advance the plot, it wouldn't hurt to level up your boxed Pokemon in case you need them later. Poocheyna, Wurmple, and Zigzagzoon are your options for this quest. Once you evolve the 3 of them to their final the treasure chest is yours. Of course, if they don't apply to your team they may not be in your party when you fight trainers or be on any route that could advance your game.

chest.gif

Operation Surskit
    Have fun with this mission, because Surskit has a 1% encounter rate on route 102. If you can manage to catch 6 of them, the treasure chest is yours.

treasure_20chest_normal.jpg

Anti- Gym Nuzelocke Challenge (No Saving allowed for area unless time runs out)
    With only a limited amount of team members I'm sure you'll come across a gym in the game where your Pokemon are at high risk. In this challenge have a team of only Pokemon that are weak to the corresponding gym (If this were R/B/Y I'd go to Misty's Gym with only fire types) and treat it as a Nuzelocke challenge. Once your Pokemon faints you can no longer use it on this task. Get the badge and you win the challenge.

USERBAR
    mmopokerpseasons42.png

Last edited:

King!

better
    Years
  • Geh. I know I'm going to completely FAIL at this challenge because I'm so slow, but I might as well try.... besides, nobody goes for the underdog >:D I'll be doing the Summer Challenge on...hmm...Ruby. :3 I'm going to have to use an emulator though Dx NO SPEED BUTTON

Years
  • Geh. I know I'm going to completely FAIL at this challenge because I'm so slow, but I might as well try.... besides, nobody goes for the underdog >:D I'll be doing the Summer Challenge on...hmm...Ruby. :3 I'm going to have to use an emulator though Dx NO SPEED BUTTON

Too bad you don't get to choose your season

*uses the magic rng*

You're doing winter congrats, better get yourself a Ralts :D I didn't win last challenge or anything. but also no one used any harmful items against me

King!

better
    Years
  • ._.

Oh, great. I missed that we didn't get to choose the challenge. Now I feel stupid. Expecially since I got my least favorite. Dx Well....this should be good...

Years
  • ._.

Oh, great. I missed that we didn't get to choose the challenge. Now I feel stupid. Expecially since I got my least favorite. Dx Well....this should be good...

Lol go make some enemies and maybe someone will buy a sudden change just for you :D

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Okay, my turn to sign up as the reigning champion :D

I'll be playing on Ruby.

By the way, Laure, you should probably say that Pickup items don't count towards "finding" them (Rare Candies/Nuggets).

Ans wy are the Protection Charm and Free Frame sprites the same? Protection Charm...Damp Rock?
    damprock.gif

also, there's an atual Dark Ball sprite! although the one you have is fine.
    darkball.gif

King!

better
    Years
  • So we can't use items on ourselves? :D

Also, the only ice type I can use is now Glalie, since Walrein is also water type and Regice is a lengendary. Dx This should be fun...

I had another question but I forgot...oh well.

Years
  • I'll go for it on sapphire

You'll be doing Spring Challenge

Okay, my turn to sign up as the reigning champion :D

I'll be playing on Ruby.

By the way, Laure, you should probably say that Pickup items don't count towards "finding" them (Rare Candies/Nuggets).

Ans wy are the Protection Charm and Free Frame sprites the same? Protection Charm...Damp Rock?
    damprock.gif

also, there's an atual Dark Ball sprite! although the one you have is fine.
    darkball.gif

I was copying and pasting icons and forgot to replace that it was suppose to be an actual charm looking thing instead of another ice rock. Do you mean someone could confuse "finding" for hidden items? I guess I'll change it. Also JD you seem more familiar with 3rd gen I've literally only beat it once, maybe another time a long time ago, any quests ideas?

Oh and your season will be Summer

So we can't use items on ourselves? :D

Also, the only ice type I can use is now Glalie, since Walrein is also water type and Regice is a lengendary. Dx This should be fun...

I had another question but I forgot...oh well.

D: you can have a red and green poke

A question I need to ask myself if I were you is what about expert modes?

:x good thing I have a week to fix up this forum, I need to make an expert mode for fall and winter, and there will be an exclusive item that forces your opponent to switch to expert mode

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • Im in, On Ruby, (Obviously ruby is much better then sapphire)

And Erggh you locked the old thread before i had chances for the rest of my ideas!

So Anyway.
    There should be a leader board/ranking table. To get on it you must come first second or third .. possibly fourth? in a challenge, Gain 150,100,50,25 points respectively. Then itd be a way to see whose going better? Understand what im trying to say Laure?

Years
  • I just missed the last one so sign me up for Ruby!

You're signed up for the Winter Challenge

Im in, On Ruby, (Obviously ruby is much better then sapphire)

And Erggh you locked the old thread before i had chances for the rest of my ideas!

So Anyway.
    There should be a leader board/ranking table. To get on it you must come first second or third .. possibly fourth? in a challenge, Gain 150,100,50,25 points respectively. Then itd be a way to see whose going better? Understand what im trying to say Laure?

You're signed up for fall

Feel free to share your ideas, I reserve the right to change anything before it starts

How about whoever I think is in first place by placement in their game or points like I highlight their profile in a different color or something?

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • Laure, I meant like for at the end of each challenge. As such JD would be number one on the leader board with 150 points?

Player ---------- Challenges Completed & Placing ------- Rank -------- Total Points

JDtheBud ---------------- R/B/Y Dual mono ----------------1st --------------150

Like that ^^

Years
  • Ooo. Sounds interesting :3 I'll join. Sapphire for me.

You will be doing the winter challenge, how fitting

Laure, I meant like for at the end of each challenge. As such JD would be number one on the leader board with 150 points?

Player ---------- Challenges Completed & Placing ------- Rank -------- Total Points

JDtheBud ---------------- R/B/Y Dual mono ----------------1st --------------150

Like that ^^

Oh I see maybe next time
    seeing as how that first time was beta mode
    even though JD was terribly lucky and if just one person
    just one
    had beat him to updating
    he woulda been toast

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • I have two questions. I'm not sure if they are/were addressed.

1. Are we allowed to capture Pokemon that are prevented from usage by our challenge as long as we don't use them in our team? The "not allowed to use water types" in the winter challenge kind of sucks if you can't at least catch them for points.

2. Do Pokemon that fill more than one spot in our challenge count as all of the applicable spots or just one designated spot of our chosing?

Years
  • I have two questions. I'm not sure if they are/were addressed.

1. Are we allowed to capture Pokemon that are prevented from usage by our challenge as long as we don't use them in our team? The "not allowed to use water types" in the winter challenge kind of sucks if you can't at least catch them for points.

2. Do Pokemon that fill more than one spot in our challenge count as all of the applicable spots or just one designated spot of our chosing?

You may catch any Pokemon doesn't matter if banned or not they just can't be used in battle

I don't understand the second question

It counts as all applicable, but keep in mind you still must have a party of 6 for this tournament (I know in the seasons thread it says 4 but we are hard core)

because of this people who are doing winter you may have two greens and two red pokes on your team

or two faeries w/e you need

Also there is no species clause for this tournament you can have duplicates

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • Sorry. It's late at night... and I'm so eager that I'm already starting to plot this thing out. ^.^

As far as I'm concerned... both my questions were addressed. I no longer have to worry about the limit of 1 thing :D

I have another question. I'm pretty sure I know how this is going to be awnsered, but... are items that effect time only effective one tournament day or are permanent unless reversed? Seems obvious how it should be, but I just want to make sure.

Years
  • Sorry. It's late at night... and I'm so eager that I'm already starting to plot this thing out. ^.^

As far as I'm concerned... both my questions were addressed. I no longer have to worry about the limit of 1 thing :D

I have another question. I'm pretty sure I know how this is going to be awnsered, but... are items that effect time only effective one tournament day or are permanent unless reversed? Seems obvious how it should be, but I just want to make sure.

One tournament day

But wait til the alchemy and bomb items are revealed

You'll be shaking in your boots

Back