• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More Bag Pockets

AsparagusEdu

AsparagusEduardo
Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Hi,

I made a pokeemerald branch that adds 3 new pockets to the bag based on changes to it from later generations:
    • Medicine (HP, PP and status recovery items)
    • Power-Up (Vitamins, Rare Candy and evolution items)
    • Battle Items (X items, Pokédoll/FluffyTail and hold items with battle effects)
    The new order for the pockets is the following:
    • Items
    • Medicine
    • Poké Balls
    • Battle Items
    • Berries
    • Power-Up
    • TMs & HMs
    • Key Items
    However, it reuses the original pocket sprites until I'm able to get new ones for the new pockets.

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

You can pull the changes from here:
    https://github.com/AsparagusEduardo/pokeemerald/tree/BetterBag

If you're using DizzyEgg's Item Expansion, you'll want to use this file, as it fixes conflicts and assigns the new itemsto the corresponding categories:

To-Do:
    • New pocket sprites.

Last edited:

AsparagusEdu

AsparagusEduardo
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Fixed the forking for the branch, so now it's ready to go. Sorry about that guys ^^;

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2021
    Nice work. But here's few things and I believe that's all for pocket expansion.
    1. You need to add case to
    switch (gBagPositionStruct.pocket)
    in function
    sub_81AC644
    to map the use item action message box frame. (Just duplicate ITEMS_POCKET case since the new pocket exactly same actions.)
    2. You shall also consider LoadSave action of the new item slots.

AsparagusEdu

AsparagusEduardo
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Nice work. But here's few things and I believe that's all for pocket expansion.
    1. You need to add case to in function to map the use item action message box frame. (Just duplicate ITEMS_POCKET case since the new pocket exactly same actions.)
    2. You shall also consider LoadSave action of the new item slots.

All right, I did the first one, but I'm not sure what you mean by the 2nd one ^^; (I've barely started playing with pokeemerald, so I'm not too familiar with it.

Last edited:

AsparagusEdu

AsparagusEduardo
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Check LoadPlayerBag and SavePlayerBag in load_save.c

That's weird. When I saved and reloaded without that fix, it still saved the items I got.
    I'm still gonna add it to avoid future issues, though.

Thanks for the help :)

AsparagusEdu

AsparagusEduardo
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    New version! It has pocket sprites again, but you'll notice that it reuses other pocket sprites.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2022
    i can't use it, when i'll try to merge it it gives me a lot of issues...

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • i can't use it, when i'll try to merge it it gives me a lot of issues...
    I tried to pull Eduardo's BetterBag branch in a clean repository of Pokeemerald and it worked perfectly.
    12NGRtn.png

If you got Merge Conflicts, it's probably caused by a past change you did in one or some of the files that BetterBag also modifies.
    Read the log you got on your terminal. It contains very useful information to track down the problem/s you're getting.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • It's because i am using your branch mega_expansion_mod_mkii
    Yeah, BetterBag doesn't play nicely even with my mega_expansion branch, which is just a combination of Egg's battle_engine_v2, item_expansion and pokemon_expansion.

You'll have to wait until Eduardo comes around or you'll have to fix it yourself.
    Otherwise, you can reimplement the feature manually and see how that goes.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2022
    i can't know the merge conflicts... so... impossible and to reimplement it... there are no commits with the name of the feature so... i can't do it

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • i can't know the merge conflicts... so... impossible
    What do you mean. When you use git pull you get a list of all the files that were modified, and those containing a Merge Conflict are pointed out with "CONFLICT:" right at the beginning of the line.

Even if you closed your terminal, you could git grep "<<<<<<< HEAD" to find each and every Merge Conflict present in your repository.
    Then again, the amount of Merge Conflicts in this case may not be worth the effort.
    and to reimplement it... there are no commits with the name of the feature so... i can't do it
    What I suggested was to go to the BetterBag branch of Eduardo's repository on GitHub, check the commits under that branch that were submitted by Eduardo and had a title that may be related to adding new bag pockets and then applying the same changes in those commits to your own repository manually.

But I could understand that may feel harder than it's worth.
    EDIT: It wasn't hard at all. Here I did it myself.
    I simply took a look at the commits in Eduardo's BetterBag branch submitted by him that had a title that could be related to the implementation of new bag pockets and by copy and pasting here and there I managed to do it pretty quickly.

For reference, these are the commits from Eduardo that teach how to add new Bag Pockets (same thing I show with a single commit in my branch, basically).
    https://github.com/AsparagusEduardo/pokeemerald/commit/8ccfbee359471ac06e780d82abfedc8bda7b57b2
    https://github.com/AsparagusEduardo/pokeemerald/commit/3480da2c61e84fbcd472767488d9054c740c03d3
    https://github.com/AsparagusEduardo/pokeemerald/commit/5eb62ba6a4babf1ce73b4a606247400175f0631d
    https://github.com/AsparagusEduardo/pokeemerald/commit/099c92020f3d8576d5dbecdf5f9472a879cdb516
    https://github.com/AsparagusEduardo/pokeemerald/commit/c03e56284844683d91238417b0c74b8c5d1057b7
    https://github.com/AsparagusEduardo/pokeemerald/commit/6b5a80e158f8dac145572ecff57068e2a582e1a0

Regardless, I told Eduardo about it and he'll look into it later.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2022
    with git extensions i couldn't find it hahahahaha, just was that, that i think that i've searched badly nothing more hahahaha

Last edited:

AsparagusEdu

AsparagusEduardo
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    It's because i am using your branch mega_expansion_mod_mkii

Lunos' branch was a bit behind, so you may want to either wait until Lunos updates it before merging or starting from vanilla pokeemerald and merge whatever branches you want to use into it.

You will however need to overwrite src/data/items.h with the file attached in the main post, since Egg's item_expansion changes the order of the items.

NielsM

BSBob
    Years
  • I am getting this funky behaviour, I've merged the latest commits as of commit 46f4a4bbf7239743c333cd32d30b74a7b3176acc (Merge pull request #1074 from Sierraffinity/item-menu-cleanup) (i can't post links yet, sorry)
    imgur.com/a/QnWLdv6

the red cursor is off and there are more cursor positions than necessary

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    In the included text file for DizzyEgg's Item Expansion, the Grass Gem is misplaced into the regular Items Pocket.

EDIT: It's also missing an entry for the Odd Keystone.

Last edited:

manta

★★★★★
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2024
    You are based, I was just about to do this today
    Thank you!

Back