• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Contest Spectacular!

Years
  • tumblr_nf5kxpSFTV1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

In OR/AS, the contests have returned and are now flashier than ever! Like the original games, you were able to enter a Pokemon Contest to attempt to show off your Pokemon for more than just battling. Contests consisted of five categories - Coolness, Beauty, Cuteness, Cleverness and Toughness. Contests are held at the Contest Halls in Slateport City, Verdanturf Town, Fallarbor Town and Lilycove City, with four ranks to compete in - Normal, Super, Hyper and Master Ranks. Also, in the Master Rank you competed against the contest master Lisia who is a very difficult opponent to beat.

So, did you enjoy the return of the original format of Contests? Did you ever try out a Contest? Did you ever beat Lisia? What were your star Pokemon or fave move combinations?

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I never tried doing the contests until after I beat the Elite Four. They're kind of interesting and I haven't beat Lisia yet.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Contests are great! They were one of my favorite features of the originals and I'm really glad they brought it back in ORAS. I also love the aesthetic changes they made to it, and the way they incorporated Mega Evolution into it. I've gotten my Cosplay Pikachu through the Master Rank, but haven't touched it since. I'm hoping to get more into it though, because I really want some ribbons for my favorite Pokemon.

I just wish they had included Wi-Fi contests as a feature :( That would have been great, to be able to compete in contests with friends over Wi-Fi, so sort of a missed opportunity on GameFreak's part.

Back