• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    That's quite a cute-looking Pokémon! It reminds me a lot about Grumpig, for some reason. Maybe it's because of those spots around its hands? If it has a pre-evolution, and it looks sort of like Spoink, then that would be pretty cool! Because of its blue eye color, I'm thinking that this is partially a psychic-type Pokémon. Either that, or it could be a dark-type, due to its body color.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    It looks kinda stiff... I don't know if I find that to be legit. Definitely a cute kind of design for the head area though.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I it's real, I see it being pure Ground or Normal/Ground since GF has been randomly slapping Normal onto a lot of things. The background seems like a desert so I'd definatly vote for Ground. I don't subscribe to the color = type mindset since there are a few pokemon that break the trend.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Good design, but I guess your right, why is it sitting down in a battle?

It sitting down isn't really a problem, there's other Pokemon that appear sitting down. It just seems like its sitting straight up and just looks... stiff lol. Maybe it's because of the timing between it and the camera when the shot was taken, but I feel like it looks really stiff, like someone not-so professional came up with that image.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It sitting down isn't really a problem, there's other Pokemon that appear sitting down. It just seems like its sitting straight up and just looks... stiff lol. Maybe it's because of the timing between it and the camera when the shot was taken, but I feel like it looks really stiff, like someone not-so professional came up with that image.

To be fair I found the still battle shots of Aurorus made it look very stiff...so it might a case that still images don't do them justice.

Looks interesting, the pokebeach rumour described it very plainly...so I'm pleasantly surprised. (That's if it's real)

Hope a pic of the spider leaks.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    From the looks of it, this Pokémon seems to be kind of weak... physically. d: If it is, then I hope that it's a lot stronger on the special side of things. I'm also hoping for it to get some sort of an ability that not many other Pokémon seem to have, such as Filter, Bad Dreams (a bit unlikely, since this is exclusive to Darkrai), Wonder Skin, or maybe even Magic Bounce.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Supposed leak of a new Pokemon.
    BVQ-E7nCIAAyOj5.jpg

Do you guys think it's real? I'm kind of on the fence. But I do think it looks neat.

I think this might be fake, if you look closely the circle lines around the pokemon look slightly altered, this might be part of the animation but still it doesn't hurt to be wary. Also I've said it before, why post only one screen shot of the pokemon?

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • Is this snail fella real, you think? It's got 260 notes on Tumblr. Lines look kinda like they were drawn in MS Paint, but if I recall correctly when you zoom in on the new 3D Pokemon they're lines sharpen. Not certain and I don't want to watch anymore game footage :P

Doubt it since it's not on Serebii. But it doesn't really look like a fakemon (or something a Pokemon designer would make, really, but you never know...)

tumblr_mtv2bs8wnV1qgzod4o1_400.png

OOPS, this is indeed a Fakemon! Disregard!

Years
  • BVQ-E7nCIAAyOj5.jpg

Fake.

Look at the background. The diagonal of the mountain. The backdrop was cut, dragged, and pasted from the left to the right side in order to distinguish it from the original image of helioptile. The editing, of course, is very obvious after close examination.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Supposed leak of a new Pokemon.
    BVQ-E7nCIAAyOj5.jpg

Do you guys think it's real? I'm kind of on the fence. But I do think it looks neat.
    Looks like a badger, but a really, really stiff one. It's in such a weird position too and there's no shadow anywhere below it. There's a chance I'm wrong here, but I'm calling fake on this one.

Is this snail fella real, you think? It's got 260 notes on Tumblr. Lines look kinda like they were drawn in MS Paint, but if I recall correctly when you zoom in on the new 3D Pokemon they're lines sharpen. Not certain and I don't want to watch anymore game footage :P

Doubt it since it's not on Serebii. But it doesn't really look like a fakemon (or something a Pokemon designer would make, really, but you never know...)

tumblr_mtv2bs8wnV1qgzod4o1_400.png

OOPS, this is indeed a Fakemon! Disregard!
    Haha, that's DEFINITELY a fake. No one should even question it.

Years
  • j5lx.png

See, the leaker attempted to edit the backdrop so it wasn't obviously taken from the Helioptile screen shot. The straight diagonal on both sides is blatantly edited.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • If there were to be another Eeveelution, what type would you like it to be?
    ~I'd hope for a Steel or a Dragon type Eeveelution.

How do you think Eevee evolves into Sylveon?
    ~Trade holding some sort of item. XY are emphasising connectivity.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    If there were to be another Eeveelution, what type would you like it to be?
    ~I'd hope for a Steel or a Dragon type Eeveelution.

How do you think Eevee evolves into Sylveon?
    ~Trade holding some sort of item. XY are emphasising connectivity.

I know I'm probably a broken record by this point, but personally I do not see another Eevee Evolution coming into the picture. Leaving it off with Sylveon would probably be for the best right now to capitalize on the Fairy Typing.

As for how it evolved, right now the largest thing that everyone seems to be pointing to is the Pokemon Amie.

I would say a special new Item method since evolution seems to update everytime we get a new generation.

Then there is location evolution as there are technically only 3 Special location evolutions, Moss Rock(Eterna Forest and Pinwheel Forest), Ice Rock (Route 217 and Twist Mountain), and Magnetized Cave (Mt Coronet and Chargestone Cave). These three areas will have to be present in X and Y to evolve Eevee, Magneton, and Nosepass and there is a rumor that there is a giant crystal that is related to the Fairy Type so it could be there.

Those are really the only things I can remember.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I know I'm probably a broken record by this point, but personally I do not see another Eevee Evolution coming into the picture. Leaving it off with Sylveon would probably be for the best right now to capitalize on the Fairy Typing.

As for how it evolved, right now the largest thing that everyone seems to be pointing to is the Pokemon Amie.

I would say a special new Item method since evolution seems to update everytime we get a new generation.

Then there is location evolution as there are technically only 3 Special location evolutions, Moss Rock(Eterna Forest and Pinwheel Forest), Ice Rock (Route 217 and Twist Mountain), and Magnetized Cave (Mt Coronet and Chargestone Cave). These three areas will have to be present in X and Y to evolve Eevee, Magneton, and Nosepass and there is a rumor that there is a giant crystal that is related to the Fairy Type so it could be there.

Those are really the only things I can remember.
    I think the giant crystal seen on the map will be a gym. Even if it wasn't I don't see them using the location method again...at least not like how Gen 4 did...they could do a location plus happiness evolution though thus combining the evolution methods of Gen's II and Gen's IV for the eevees.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
    Years
  • I think the giant crystal seen on the map will be a gym. Even if it wasn't I don't see them using the location method again...at least not like how Gen 4 did...they could do a location plus happiness evolution though thus combining the evolution methods of Gen's II and Gen's IV for the eevees.

Nice idea... I think it could be a gym too
    777ff663.gif

Back