• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Final Battle

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
Years
  • I plan to attempt to GM an RP for the first time soon and there was one thing in particular I was wondering about. How do final battles work? Like what about the E4 and Champion? Do the RPers do it one at a time? Do they all go at once? I find it confusing, since I've never made it to the end of an RP.

Also, what about Final Battles in non-Pokémon RPs? Or maybe the final battle with the villain?

I want to know before I even start, so any input would be helpful.

Years
  • This depends largely on you. Honestly Pokemon Journey RPs rarely make it that far but there's a number of ways that it could be handled that spring to mind and probably far more that actually exist.

Either way, I'd not worry that much about exactly how to pull of the ending and invest more time in getting there for now.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've seen it done tournament style - the GM put the players vs NPCs much like how it's done for Ash in the anime, until two players came up against each other. I think the GM then let them decide beforehand which character should win the battle, it was agreed upon.

In the RP I'm trying to start now, I went the easy route with the E4 instead. I'd probably have them schedule a time to challenge them, and let them play out majestic battles either controlling the E4 members themselves, or with me or other players controlling the opponents.

As for major end battles in RPs, maybe have a look at Atlantis Awakening and see how they did it. I've heard the players speak boldly of their posts there d: Same for Pokémon Odyssey (the first one) I think.

Back