• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: The Daily Plays Pokemon

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
  • What could possibly go wrong with this?

The concept here is a simple LP of a TBD Pokemon game, where all the Pokemon will be named after Daily Staff and the adventures will be logged in a thrilling tale of adventure, excitement, utter failure as I forget to grind, and other things like that.

Other ideas:
    Having the team pick their own Pokemon and pre-acquiring them (in their pre-evolved form) for earlier use
    Do it streamed to the people who are represented on my team and record their banter as what their in-game characters are saying
    Add some form of challenge
    Use this to showcase a ROM Hack
    Add a randomized aspect (probably just moves and abilities)
    Wait until 2-3 weeks after SM comes out so that I can beat it once than do it using SM to showcase that game
    Make bobandbill be a Ludicolo
    Not limit the applicants to Daily Staff (if I do one of the newer games I could request egg submissions)
    Actually picking a game

Also, 500th post.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • 1,000,000% for this!

• In terms of not limiting it to Daily Staff, how would you go about choosing how many people get in?
    • Also with the amount of people that could be involved, could we perhaps have multiple games going with multiple teams?
    • With this in mind, potential battles between people using those Pokémon, whether it's through the games or the Battle Server?
    • Most importantly, who will be playing it?
    • Probably accept all submissions and randomize.
    • This is a good idea. I'd love for multiple teams with interactions and the like. We have what, 21 D-Staff? So two adventures, possibly even 3, could certainly be going on side-by-side.
    • Also a good idea. We can work out the kinks in the system in a bit, right now I just want feedback on the concept as a whole and those ideas I posted.
    • Whatever members of D-Staff want to. I'll likely do one, Kostas said he would do one somewhere, you get the gist of it.

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I actually really like this idea. What about doing something along the lines of a Taglocke? Where one person plays until they beat a gym, then they pass it onto the next person and they do the same.

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    ^ That would probably be ideal. But I've never heard of a taglocke; how would it work? :o

One person records themselves playing through the game until they beat the first gym. At that point, they would pass the save file to the next one who would then play the game until they beat the second gym. It goes on and on until the game is complete. Along the way, we can incorporate nicknames of staff members/members who would like to be in it. We could also incorporate a nuzlocke as well, just to make it a bit more challenging. I hope that helps!

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • One person records themselves playing through the game until they beat the first gym. At that point, they would pass the save file to the next one who would then play the game until they beat the second gym. It goes on and on until the game is complete. Along the way, we can incorporate nicknames of staff members/members who would like to be in it. We could also incorporate a nuzlocke as well, just to make it a bit more challenging. I hope that helps!

Other than not wanting to kill off my fellow staff, this sounds like a great idea.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    This is a pretty neat idea.

It requires a lot to pull off, but it's certainly doable.

A taglocke could be good as well. My only question is, how many have access to good recording capabilities? As this would be a key thing need.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Fair point there - recording capabilities is key. (For those of us lacking in them, some suggestions/quick guides on how to do that from those with experience would be appreciated. Myself, I only ever did screenshot LPs.) And for 6th gen games you'll need fancy 3DS stuff to record... :<

SMT folk have remarkably had a similar idea (or one of them did), so I've pointed them toward this thread btw.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Daily VS SMT Pokémon LP? Me gusta!

Anyway, I do have recording capability, but I was thinking an epic written tale of adventure interspersed with annoying pictures would suffice to let the SMT do SMT things. This also might be an awful idea, but idk

Years
  • Thanks [user]bobandbill[/user] for bringing us in here.

I recently proposed the idea of a taglocke with the Youtube team as I thought it would be content the community would be interested in as well as a good way to have everyone on the YT team getting exposure (both old and new members) to the community.

The idea was to find a hack/ROM which would be pretty short (no more than 10 30min episodes long) which we could potentially do before SM was released due to interest in the actual game being high right now.

One of the concerns we have is that based off past experiences from the YT channel that long LPs/locks tend to not be too popular, even 10 episodes seem to perform quite poorly. I'm only new to the team so [user]Achromatic[/user] knows a lot more about this than I do.

At the moment we are looking at polling interest within the community for whether or not this type of video would be popular or not. Once we know what the interest level is like we will decide what to do then.

If anyone needs any more information on recording content from this thread feel free to drop me a pm and I can describe how I do it. I can do a more detailed guide here or elsewhere should it be of major interest to people. I'm sure other members of the YT team will be happy to help with this too.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Right. Honestly I think your LPs don't get views because I never se them on the forums,.

I also think group recording should be in the cards. A taglocke is fun already, but having co-hosts sounds fun. That said, I'm not on the YouTube team.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Perfect. I'll take signups elsewhere in a little bit.

And now: Logistics. What game? Should the videos just feature whoever is playing or should they have a co-host? When should we start?

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I'd say BW2 or Platinum. Unless we want to do a ROM Hack from the ROM Hacking section. Or we could gather a few game titles, and have everyone vote on them.

Years
    • Seen today
    I think we should do one official game and one ROM Hack if we're going to do some simultaneously.

I would really love having co-commentary because sometimes it's really hard to think of stuff to talk about as an individual. We should choose co-hosting teams based on...synergy? Expertise? How would we decide those?

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • I think we should do one official game and one ROM Hack if we're going to do some simultaneously.

I would really love having co-commentary because sometimes it's really hard to think of stuff to talk about as an individual. We should choose co-hosting teams based on...synergy? Expertise? How would we decide those?
    We decide pairings based on availability (and timezone) then preference then who we think would work well. That or whoever is playing sats up a time and any other staff that want to join the commentary can.

As far as simultaneous ones would go, it might be better to run Diamond/Pearl, R/S, you get the picture. But there are other ideas too. There will likely be a poll.

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I think having a group of people while someone plays is pretty entertaining. Gives more chances for conversation/random discussions. I know of a few PokéTubers who do it with other PokéTubers. I do think we should have a limit on how many people can be present at once, just so it doesn't get too chaotic. I really would like to learn to edit videos. I have access to all the Adobe Desktop applications as well.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • I think having a group of people while someone plays is pretty entertaining. Gives more chances for conversation/random discussions. I know of a few PokéTubers who do it with other PokéTubers. I do think we should have a limit on how many people can be present at once, just so it doesn't get too chaotic. I really would like to learn to edit videos. I have access to all the Adobe Desktop applications as well.

Premiere Elements is rusting in my hotbar, so I'm happy to play with it too!
    But yeah, I'm setting up a signup form and sending it to staff soonish.

Back