• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

E3 expectations?

Nath74K

Pokéfan
Years
  • So, the Nintendo live conference at E3 takes place tomorrow.
    What do you expect from that when it comes to Pokemon? I think we'll most likely get Iwanko and Nekkoala's English names, see in-game footage of the new Zygarde's forms, and maybe a more detailed view of the starting town.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • Definitely more gameplay videos, that's for sure! Other than that, I hope to see more new Pokemon, as well as some revelation as to what that bracelet on both the protag's wrist is and what the function of it is, etc.

I'd love to know what the bracelets are for, but I think we'll learn about it a bit later. We didn't learn about Mega-Evolutions that fast when they were promoting XY, so...

Years
  • As mentioned, we didn't learn Mega Evolution until some time after E3 ended (I believe it was August 2013 when that was revealed), so I probably expect us learning our bracelets and their purpose around a few months later. Anyways, onto E3 and I believe we'll be getting gameplay shown and maybe a couple of new Pokemon since it was the case I recall for XY, with some new Pokemon (and Fairy-type) getting revealed around E3 time.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Not to mention multiple new pokemon. I doubt we will see the new feature or whatever the new bracelet does. We didn't learn about that August.

Hoard Battles, Sky Battles, Triple Battles, Rotation Battles, Megas in ORAS and New pokemon is what we have seen in the last 2 gens at E3.

I am kinda hoping for Water Battles. Similar to sky battles, but with water and water types, or any pokemon that can swim.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Not to mention multiple new pokemon. I doubt we will see the new feature or whatever the new bracelet does. We didn't learn about that August.

Hoard Battles, Sky Battles, Triple Battles, Rotation Battles, Megas in ORAS and New pokemon is what we have seen in the last 2 gens at E3.

Right. I feel like we won't get new Megas shown this time, they might hold off until August to show them off. Right now I see them focusing on new Pokemon.

I expect to get Quad Battles to follow the trend of Doubles in Gen III, and Triples in Gen V.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Right. I feel like we won't get new Megas shown this time, they might hold off until August to show them off. Right now I see them focusing on new Pokemon.

I expect to get Quad Battles to follow the trend of Doubles in Gen III, and Triples in Gen V.

I am not sure they will go to quad battles yet. We need bigger screens. But as I said in previous battle thread, really hoping for some type of water or fish battle.

Years

I am kinda hoping for Water Battles. Similar to sky battles, but with water and water types, or any pokemon that can swim.

I think that going by what you said, we could be seeing a battle format get showcased as well as the obvious new Pokemon reveals. I didn't like Sky Battles so I can't see Underwater Battles happening unless if Dive were to return.

Right. I feel like we won't get new Megas shown this time, they might hold off until August to show them off. Right now I see them focusing on new Pokemon.

I don't really want Quad Battles. It'll cause huge lag if Triple Battles already proved to cause framerate drops for 6th Gen.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think that going by what you said, we could be seeing a battle format get showcased as well as the obvious new Pokemon reveals. I didn't like Sky Battles so I can't see Underwater Battles happening unless if Dive were to return.

I don't really want Quad Battles. It'll cause huge lag if Triple Battles already proved to cause framerate drops for 6th Gen.

Well hopefully SM will handle Triples and Hoard Battles better. Perhaps they'll improve it enough to handle Quad battles.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Eeveelution

Hawaiian culture influence

Rotomdex being used with that bird Pokemon to talk to it

Why vehicles are detailed and focus in initial announcement

Soar and Dive capabilities

blue

gucci
    Years
  • If its the first gameplay footage then I can imagine them to show the first areas with a couple of battles perhaps with the rival. I wouldn't be surprised if they also shown a couple of new early Pokemon including that Bird Pokemon that was seen in the very first trailer.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    My guess:

We will not get new pokemon. We will get a video that shows the region, 1 or 2 gym leaders, a few cities, and Mega Greninja for the end.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • I just thought: they might reveal the bird pokemon we had seen in the very first trailer? So we could have something more than what was revealed on the Corocoro?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • My guess:

We will not get new pokemon. We will get a video that shows the region, 1 or 2 gym leaders, a few cities, and Mega Greninja for the end.

That would be extremely underwhelming and an extreme disappointment. They usually only reveal gym leaders in Corocoro. And I don't think there would be a point in showing Mega Greninja and only it. We already know it is there and the revealed Zygarde forms at a tournament. Not really an announcement. No new pokemon will possibly make a lot of people mad.

E3 is a huge event, having such little info would be the wrong thing to do. Especially with how much it costs to travel there and what not. There would literally be little point for Pokemon to even be at E3 for Sun and Moon.

As for what I want to see is this:

4 to 6 new pokemon not including ones we know.
    New battle, when I am hoping for a water themed battle.
    A few new looks at towns.
    Maybe 2 or 3 new Megas. Possibly ones we may see in the anime soon that we have yet to see.
    Confirmation of a 2nd Rival or if Lillie gets the 3rd starter.

Last edited:
    Years
  • As for what I want to see is this:

4 to 6 new pokemon not including ones we know.
    New battle, when I am hoping for a water themed battle.
    A few new looks at towns.
    Maybe 2 or 3 new Megas. Possibly ones we may see in the anime soon that we have yet to see.
    Confirmation of a 2nd Rival or if Lillie gets the 3rd starter.

This is mainly what I hope to see, given how XY had some new Pokemon revealed at E3 I have a feeling that new Pokemon reveals will be the most likely, and maybe an overview of the starting town and some early game stuff. Also, I hope the last one can be debunked at some point because it's been heavily debated for a few weeks now.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I guess it just depends on how long the actual segment runs for. If they show us 5-10 minutes of footage then we could certainly see quite a lot of information, at least from the start of the game. Ideally I'd like to see one of the Gym Leaders too, again though idk whether they would showcase that just yet?

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
    Years
  • It's Nintendo Treehouse, they're just going to show off some gameplay, right? Either way, it's the first official live gameplay we'll see, so we're bound to see and learn more new things, I'm excited! Not sure what at all to expect, but here's hoping there's a lot of good stuff!

I'm hoping to hear more in-game music for the first time, learning about more new and old Pokémon that will appear in the game, and possibly learn about new characters like the Alola Gym Leaders.

Back