• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Black Ice

[XV]
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2023
It has a use, actually - if you're trying to bluff someone. And it can work. Like Salamence and Wise Glasses using Draco Meteor that seems a bit stronger than usual and KO's a Gliscor or something. I dunno. Most people in a battle wouldn't try and run calcs on what a regular DM would do vs. a Specs DM, so they might just assume you've got Specs on you. And they'll play it out as such. I'm currently running something that uses this idea.

I'd still recommend Expert Belt over either Wise Glasses or Muscle Band though.

-EDIT-
It depends. If you've got a lot of coverage over many types, Expert Belt would be better. If you're already really really frail like mixed Infernape, it wouldn't matter too much. Either one would work, but Life Orb might be the better choice. If you're scared of priority moves picking you off right in the middle of a potential sweep, Life Orb might not be right for you. If you don't have much type coverage but a lot of powerful moves, then Life Orb would be superior.

It's all dependent on the circumstances :p

iDarky

stupid monkey
Years
am i ev training right

um i was wondering what is the best things to ev a bashful larvitar i think it is attatck and speed and one more question is this rampardos properly ev trained attack/415 defence/170 sp.attack/158 sp.defence/109 and speed/193 and hp/330 and its lax nature it was eved in attack and speed

Black Ice

[XV]
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2023
Round down no matter what. 3.99 rounds down to 3, for example.

And basically, Wring Out does much more damage when the opponent has 100% HP.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Hey, is this set any good for my Mewtwo?

150.png

Mewtwo @ Expert Belt
Jolly
252 atk / 232 spe / 24 hp
Bulk Up
Ice Punch
Thunderpunch
Brick Break

My thinking behind it is:
Thunderpunch takes Manaphy,Kyogre,Ho-oh,Skarmory
Brick Break takes Blissey,Ttar,Darkrai (hence the extra speed EVs from standard)
Ice Punch takes out Dragons, Shaymins,Groudon,Lugia

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Hey, is this set any good for my Mewtwo?

150.png

Mewtwo @ Expert Belt
Jolly
252 atk / 232 spe / 24 hp
Bulk Up
Ice Punch
Thunderpunch / Selfdestruct / Taunt / Stone Edge
Brick Break / Earthquake

My thinking behind it is:
Thunderpunch takes Manaphy,Kyogre,Ho-oh,Skarmory
Brick Break takes Blissey,Ttar,Darkrai (hence the extra speed EVs from standard)
Ice Punch takes out Dragons, Shaymins,Groudon,Lugia
Just added some more viable options, Selfdestruct, is well Selfdestruct, Taunt is great for crippling walls from not using recovery moves, Stone Edge has a chance of 2HKOing Lugia, and OHKOs Ho-oh, and Earthquake is good for dealing more damage against Heatran, Dialga, Metagross, etc.

Leader Soulja Boy

Batesville Gym Leader
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 16, 2011
How are these sets I'm finna use for NetBattle.

gengar.png

Gengar @ Choice Band
-Shadow Ball
-HP Fighting
-Explosion
-Hypnosis

alakazam.png

Alakzam @ Leftovers
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Fire Punch

Also what's a good Gen 3 OU lead?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
How are these sets I'm finna use for NetBattle.

gengar.png

Gengar @ Choice Band
-Shadow Ball
-HP Fighting
-Explosion
-Hypnosis

alakazam.png

Alakzam @ Leftovers
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Fire Punch

Also what's a good Gen 3 OU lead?

Evs ?

Choice Band + Hypnosis is no.

Gengar@Choice Band
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Focus Punch
~ Thunderbolt / Fire Punch / Shadow Ball
~ Explosion

Is 3rd gen CB Gar.

Otherwise use McGar or the mixed sets on smogon.

Leader Soulja Boy

Batesville Gym Leader
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 16, 2011
Oh the EVs are 4 HP/252 Attack (Gar) SpA (Zam)/252 Speed.

Sludge Bomb has terrible coverage though and Shadow Ball+Focus Punch is perfect coverage.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Oh the EVs are 4 HP/252 Attack (Gar) SpA (Zam)/252 Speed.

Sludge Bomb has terrible coverage though and Shadow Ball+Focus Punch is perfect coverage.

I never knew that >>

You need Sludge Bomb for a reliable attack to hit Blissey and Snorlax since you cant focus punch them all of the time.

It also eases up prediction with junk like say your opponent has Celebi and Snorlax/Bliss left, shadow ball celebi and lax comes in or focus punch and celebi stays in you lose. Not like Gengar has much of a physical movepool anyway.

Hatenko

Hiya!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 16, 2010
I've got this Jynx that serves partially for battling and for a metronome team that i'm building. here's the current moveset i've got for her.

Ice Beam
Psychic
Lovely Kiss
________

I'm debating whether to put in Fake Tears or Reflect. I've been EV training her in Defense, but I'm not sure it's enough and Reflect could give it a little extra boost. On the other hand, Fake Tears after Lovely Kiss would help her hit harder. Are either of these good ideas, or would a different move be better? By the way, her hidden power is Psychic, so save your breath.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
Years
I've got this Jynx that serves partially for battling and for a metronome team that i'm building. here's the current moveset i've got for her.

Ice Beam
Psychic
Lovely Kiss
________

I'm debating whether to put in Fake Tears or Reflect. I've been EV training her in Defense, but I'm not sure it's enough and Reflect could give it a little extra boost. On the other hand, Fake Tears after Lovely Kiss would help her hit harder. Are either of these good ideas, or would a different move be better? By the way, her hidden power is Psychic, so save your breath.

i use on jynx

jynx@lefties/petayaberry
timid nature
252spe/252sp.atk/6hp or 252sp,atk/44hp/214spe (extra hp helps for subs)
ice beam
calmmind
substitue
and lovely kiss

reliable set up and sweep jynx, i dont bother with psychic, if u want anouther damaging move, i wouldnt go with pschic as it gets walled by steel types

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Just added some more viable options, Selfdestruct, is well Selfdestruct, Taunt is great for crippling walls from not using recovery moves, Stone Edge has a chance of 2HKOing Lugia, and OHKOs Ho-oh, and Earthquake is good for dealing more damage against Heatran, Dialga, Metagross, etc.

K.Hmmm.....might use Earthquake.....

But, after i had my Speed EVs done, i was gonna go on to hp, however, by chance, i accidentally went to Sunnyshore, and it has the Effort Ribbon.So, i'm assuming the EVs are:

252 Spe / 252 Atk / 6 Hp (i got them HP EVs before my attack ones).

Does this give me priority over any pokemon, or should i revert to my original set?

Eevee-Freak

AmberAnonymous
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2012
Hey, can anyone provide me with a moveset for an Infernape Powerhouse??
thnx;)

Back