• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2010
Can anyone give me a good moveset for a Meowth?

i already ahve the Persian and since i'm not allowed two, I'm gonna put a Meowth on my team.

So what would the best strategy/moveset be for it?

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
Years
I'm trying to make a grass themed team, for personal, yet "compettitive" reasons. I'd like at least three pokes to be grass types, hence the extra challenge.

I'd also like the strategy for it to be something along the lines of wearing out the opponent with status moves, while using SolarBeams to eliminate everything causing damage to the opponent, thru careful switching.

Grass types tend to call for obvious switching, so I'd like to take advantage of that. So far, I have Sceptile, Vileplume (Vileplume's in everything. He's better than Cherry Pie), and possibly Tangrowth. I'd like to know some pokes that may compliment those three. They have obvious weaks, but I wanna turn that against them. Plus, I'm trying to strike a balance between them. Sceptile is fast, and all offensive, while Growth is slow, and all about status.

Any suggestions?

BlackRay

The other trainer.
Years
I see why Shadow claw has no point. I guess thats settled. Now im just hatching a bunch of eggs for the right nature. Anyone know the best place to get EXP?

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2010
EV Training help! Sorry If this is in the wrong spot

i have a electabuzz that im ev training in defense. i battled 38 geodude with macho brace,
this would result in getting 76 ev points, if 4 evs equal 1 stat points, why did i only get 8 points on the side when i leveled up? I hoping it turns out 252 attack 252 def and 4 speed. Im pretty sure i know what im doing i just want to make sure im doing it right, If anyone has any answers it would help me out alot.

allBlue

legendary cake lover
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 15, 2013
i have a electabuzz that im ev training in defense. i battled 38 geodude with macho brace,
this would result in getting 76 ev points, if 4 evs equal 1 stat points, why did i only get 8 points on the side when i leveled up? I hoping it turns out 252 attack 252 def and 4 speed. Im pretty sure i know what im doing i just want to make sure im doing it right, If anyone has any answers it would help me out alot.

That's because extra stats from EVs build up on your way to lvl 100. Say your electrabuzz has 252 def evs but you won't get the full +63 in def until you reach lvl 100. Hope that helps.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2010
no but those give ur pokemon 10 evs i think
ev are points given off when you defeat wild or trainers pokemon that effect your stats

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2010
ohhh.thanks lol and welcome to the forums.
and what u wanna do is save up your pokedollars(seriously do) and buy 10 of each stat booster cuz if ur only doing it for ur electabuzz then,well u get the picture

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2010
That's because extra stats from EVs build up on your way to lvl 100. Say your electrabuzz has 252 def evs but you won't get the full +63 in def until you reach lvl 100. Hope that helps.

so can i just forget about those points that appear on the side when i level up. thanks for the reply i just wanted to see if i'm going in the right direction

allBlue

legendary cake lover
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 15, 2013
so can i just forget about those points that appear on the side when i level up. thanks for the reply i just wanted to see if i'm going in the right direction

Yeah whatever you do, if you do it right you'll get the full bonus at lvl 100 so no worries.

DreamEater

Count of Cool
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2010
Tournament teams?

Hey guys, I'm in a little need for some help building a team for an up-and-coming tournament that I'm in. Which setups have worked best for you?

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
Years
  • Age 32
  • o3o
  • Seen Dec 4, 2014

i already ahve the Persian and since i'm not allowed two, I'm gonna put a Meowth on my team.

*facepalm* Are you serious?

Persian base stats:
65/70/60/65/65/115

Meowth base stats:
40/45/35/40/40/90

Meowth? In UU? Or are you considering OU? Maybe Ubers? What could possibly possess you to do this?

If you are wanting to abuse Technician, Meowth doesn't get it. There are no other reasons I can possibly see to want to run Meowth, except for evolving it to Persian.

And if this is Little Cup, which I'm hoping it isn't, Persian is illegal.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Ambipom is a good "second Persian" since it also has Technician, same stats except Ambipom gets better Attack, STAB Fake Out, U-turn, Taunt, Nasty Plot, etc.

@ Skip Shot: I hear DA raving on about how Curse Umbreon is so awesome and has no counters lol.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
Ambipom is a good "second Persian" since it also has Technician, same stats except Ambipom gets better Attack, STAB Fake Out, U-turn, Taunt, Nasty Plot, etc.

@ Skip Shot: I hear DA raving on about how Curse Umbreon is so awesome and has no counters lol.

Curse Umbreon? Sounds like it would work into my team. I can see Curse/Payback/Rest in there, but what would a 4th move be?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Curse Umbreon? Sounds like it would work into my team. I can see Curse/Payback/Rest in there, but what would a 4th move be?

Curse/Moonlight/Heal Bell/Payback is what i use, its really good. After a single Curse it has outstalled stuff like Tomb, Weezing and after 2 even counters like Hitmontop and this is without a single def ev. Max Sp.Def also lets it avoid the 2hko from LO Moltres. You can use Wish and Protect too>> Moonlight and Heal Bell if you have a way to rid its status else where.

Quagsire/Gastrodon is also really annoying as a Curser if you have no grass moves.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019

Use Ambipom

Ambipom @ Silk Scarf/Life Orb
252atk/252spe/4hp
Jolly Nature
Fake Out
Taunt/Thunder Wave (I recomend taunt)
U-Turn
Return

Last edited:

Salvation

To be saved.
Years