• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
  • No problem.
    Also, just found out that training "Fossil" Pokemon is damn hard.

Yeah, Fossil Pokemon do Level up Slow at the beginning of their training but once they're higher leveled (40/50+) they level up MUCH faster because they have a Base Exp of 600,000 (The fastest in the game)

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Now, seriously? THAT fast?
    Also, I have a question here.
    Can we catch any Pokes to be used later after we finished this challenge?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Quick warning to everyone, because I discovered this earlier: if you're doing a run through FRLG and you're using a pokemon that's not in the kanto pokedex, it won't evolve. So you'll have to find a way around that.

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Quick warning to everyone, because I discovered this earlier: if you're doing a run through FRLG and you're using a pokemon that's not in the kanto pokedex, it won't evolve. So you'll have to find a way around that.
    That's sad. Thank god I'm using Emerald.

Reminder:
    -You forgot to update the first post

Questions:
    -Can we catch any Pokes to be used later after we finished this challenge?
    -Can we use Gameshark to obtain Linoone and Wailmer?

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • First update:
    Named self Qwil (Qwilfish doesn't fit in), did stuff, chose Qwilfish as starter (using A-Starter), defeated Poochyena, named Qwilfish Spikester, did stuff, got to Rustboro, went to the gym, gosh, that gym was hard without Water Gun. I used a strategy comprising all my moves. Here it is: Firstly use Minimize 6 times so I don't get hurt much, set up 3 layers of Spikes so the next pokemon gets hurt, Poison Sting until it gets Poisoned (or gets Poisoned by Poison Point) and Tackle it until it faints. That strategy helped me defeat the gym. I defeated the Aqua grunt in Rusturf Tunnel and now am standing outside of Rusturf Tunnel.

Team:

Spikester/Qwilfish f.
    Level 16
    Poison Point
    Lonely Nature

~ Spikes
    ~ Poison Sting
    ~ Tackle
    ~ Minimize.

Even if I used FRLG, I didn't had to worry about the evolution thingy because hey, Qwilfish doesn't evolve :P

GliscorFan08

Champion Of Kanto
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 26, 2019
    Oh man i really over trained my sealeo for watson

stupid manectric and stupid magneton

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • I progressed more in my Qwilfish run and I have defeated Brawly. Easy with Water Gun. I proceded to Slateport where I defeated many Tubers and Sailors before defeating 2 Aqua Grunts. I defeated May and went to Mauville. Defeated all the trainers in the gym. Wattson is kicking my ass with Shock Wave atm. I'll defeat all the trainers west and east of Mauville before going to Cycling Road, I guess.

Team:
    Spikester/Qwilfish f.
    Level 28
    Poison Point
    Lonely Nature

~ Spikes
    ~ Poison Sting
    ~ Tackle
    ~ Water Gun.

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Pushed my self to train Anorith to Level 19 before taking down Roxanne. Skipped Brawly for a while, training a bit on Slateport before going back after getting Metal Claw. Beaten Wattson's Magneton with third succession Fury Cutter, grindede Magma & Aqua, beaten Flannery with AncientPower, and evolved Zigzagoon.
    Also, finally I got an Armaldo. w00t

SHRIMPEH
    Level ~43
    Battle Armor

Metal Claw
    Protect
    Fury Cutter
    AncientPower

darthfader

Pokemon Trainer RED
    Years
  • Can I still join?
    And, I planned using Shroomish-Breloom in FR, am I allowed to do that? I'll use Advance Starter to hack Shroomish.

username: darthfader
    game: fire red
    pokemon:shroomish-breloom

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    It's never too late to join, Darth Fader.

The only problem with using Shroomish in Firered is the fact that it will never evolve. I suppose to could just start the game with Breloom or something o.O that'd be weird.

Also, sorry to everyone for not updating the first post. It's a pretty time consuming task, and time is something I don't have a whole lot of. I'll definitely get to it over the weekend sometime, or next Wednesday, cause that's the first day of my summer break.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • I already started on my Leafgreen. I was too impatient.

Trainer: Red
    Pokemon: Squirtle (Evolving)

Here's my update.

I started my game with a Squirtle who I named John. I battle my rival after I got squirtle, who got a bulbasaur. We fought and I defeated him. I went to Viridian City training my pokemon. Just to find out I had to go back after I got a parcel for Oak. I went back and he gave me a PokeDex! I trudged to Viridian City and then cut through Viridian Forest. My Pokemon gaining around 7 levels. Then I battle Brock and 1 hit KOed all of his Pokemon with Water squirt. John then evolved into Wartortle.

I trudged to Mount Moon then stopped Team Rocket and obtained a Felix stone from a nerd. Then I went to Cerulean, healed my Pokemon and saved.

images

John
    (Wartortle)

Lv. 23
    Hasty Nature
    Stats
    HP: 63
    Attack: 35
    Sp. Atk: 38
    Sp. Def: 46
    Speed: 40
    Moves
    -Water Gun
    -Bite
    -Mega Kick
    -Mega Punch

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    O.o i notice im a challenger, sorry didn't mean it (yet) im thinking more of the monotype challenger right now... dont think steel would be easy and metagross seems taken.

darthfader

Pokemon Trainer RED
    Years
  • It's never too late to join, Darth Fader.

The only problem with using Shroomish in Firered is the fact that it will never evolve. I suppose to could just start the game with Breloom or something o.O that'd be weird.

Also, sorry to everyone for not updating the first post. It's a pretty time consuming task, and time is something I don't have a whole lot of. I'll definitely get to it over the weekend sometime, or next Wednesday, cause that's the first day of my summer break.

oh, it won't evolve? I didn't know that.. :C
    I felt sick doing the challenge on RSE, but maybe I could try it on Ruby then..

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2016
    I finally did it.... it only took me a week from the time I got to the elite four.... Here is the picture for proof and Solo's final stats. Oh and I agreed with (I can't remember who said it I think Itz spadez did that it wasn't fair to use other poke's as revive fodder, so I didn't....)

Solo (Aggron) LV. 85
    Hasty Nature
    Earthquake
    Thunderbolt
    Double Edge
    Fire blast

p.s. I know that's a horrible discription.... I had a way better one written up with pictures and everything.... Then I hit post, and I was told I couldn't post pictures from other sites since I don't have fifteen posts yet.... Lucky me.... Oh well it was a great challenge and I had fun :) Thanks Xephyr!

Zenith95s

El Psy Congroo
    Years
  • I'll give this a try!
    Username:- Zenith
    Game:- Pokémon Ruby
    Pokémon :- Trapinch > Vibrava > Flygon

I'll start tonight!

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Okay. Today's report.
    Grinded all the four remaining Gyms to dust (Had some problems with T&L, but nothing much). Juan is easier than T&L, somehow. Now in Victory Road.

SHRIMPEH the ARMALDO
    Level 78
    Naive Nature
    King's Rock
    ~Metal Claw
    ~Slash
    ~Fury Cutter
    ~Rock Blast

Can anyone suggest a Bug-Type Move to be used for Armaldo?

blue

gucci
    Years

• First Update!

• Set up A-Starter to get Taillow
    • Started up VBA & Pokemon Emerald Rom
    • Did the basics
    • Obtained Taillow
    • Obtained Pokédex
    • Obtained Running Shoes
    • Spoke to Dad & helped Wally catch his Ralts
    • Battled some trainers and cleared Petalburg Woods
    • Grinded Taillow to Level 22 (Evolve to Swellow)
    • Getting ready to take on Roxanne. :P
    Solo-Runner:
    Swellow - Lv 22.

- Wing Attack
    - Peck
    - Double Team
    - Quick Attack

Last edited:

Cid

Years
  • Wow. An unexpected hiatus on my part. Haven't continued my solo run since my last update.
    Decided to only update when I beat the game, and that last update would be short and straight to the point.

Anyway, good luck with your own solo runs, guys.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back