• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Umm just grind Swellow up more? Or if I were you, I'd start using Double Team six times and then Wing Attack repeatedly. I used a similar strategy with Qwilfish by using Minimize.

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Today, I've just dusted off the Elite Four. And Shrimpeh now sits @ Level 83
    Will post pic later.

EDIT: HERE YA GO!

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Name: Shrimpeh
    Level: 83
    Species: Armaldo
    Nature: Naive
    Ability: Battle Armor
    Hold Item: King's Rock
    Trainer: Pixel

Moves:
    ~Metal Claw
    ~Slash
    ~Fury Cutter
    ~Rock Blast

Last edited:

Zenith95s

El Psy Congroo
    Years
    My first update:
    => Opened VBA, chose the game Pokémon Ruby (U)
    => Started a new game, named myself Zenith.
    => Got through the intro, saved Prof. Birch
    => Battled May with Mudkip...
    => Got 5 Pokéballs from May.
    => Used the cheat codes to get Trapinch, nicknamed it Draco <3
    => Grinded Trapinch to Lv. 15 :D
    => Saved my game and closed VBA..

I'll continue it tonight... :D

Cid

Years
    My last update:

Surge and Cid are victorious in their solo run.
    Like I said earlier, this update is straight to the point.
    And that ends my Pokemon Emerald Solo Run, too.

That was fun.
    3rd Generation Solo Run!

Now we've got all Eight Hoenn Badges! Off to Evergrande City!

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Congratulations, Cid! And yeah, the Pokedex still doesn't know your number.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Alright! Solo Run, FINISHED!

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Now then, where's my Gym Leader Position at Vermilion City?

3rd Generation Solo Run!

That star looks cool on my newly-colored Trainer Card.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Surge and Cid, now in Hoenn's Hall of Fame.

Progress: DONE!
    Badges: 8

Cid (Electabuzz)
    Level 88
    Moves:
    - Return
    - Brick Break
    - Thunderbolt
    - Psychic

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Congrats Deadman and Cid!

Also, thanks a lot Cid for setting it all up for me so I just had to copy and paste. That helped a lot :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    I shall play!

Username: Westie7
    In-Game name: Pinap
    Game: Ruby
    Pokemon: Chinchou -> Lanturn

Last edited:

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    I want to play, too! :3

Username: Yingxue
    Game: FireRed
    Pokemon: Meowth -> Persian

blue

gucci
    Years

Small Update!

Defeated Roxanne after a numerous amount of fails, Took a long time considering rock tomb is super effective against Swellow and it lower's speed, however, Swellow still hit first with it's amazing speed, took me several trys and in the end I got a critical hit on Nosepass with 3 HP left and obtained the Stone badge & TM39 which contains Rock Tomb

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Solo Runner:

Swellow - Lv 26. 3rd Generation Solo Run! (I have to say, Level 26 with 1 badge is quite impressive) :P

- Wing attack
    - Peck
    - Quick Attack
    - Double Team

*Next update @ Dewford Gym!

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Count me in for another one.

Username: dead-man-walking
    Game: Emerald, Emulator
    Pokemon: Heracross

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    I just defeated Norman now. I Surfed to Dewford with my HM Slave Lotad and got TM36 Sludge Bomb in the Dewford Hall. I surfed back to Petalburg and went towards Rustboro. I reached Rustboro and saved. I'll go to Verdanturf, then Mauville, and then to Fortree next.

Team:
    3rd Generation Solo Run!
    Spikester / Qwilfish
    Level 45
    Nature: Lonely
    Ability: Poison Point
    Moveset:
    ~ Sludge Bomb
    ~ Rollout this saved me against Wattson and Norman
    ~ Water Gun i'll replace it with Hydro Pump which I get at Level 46, the next level
    ~ Return

blue

gucci
    Years
    Update

Okay, so that was probally one of the easiest and quickest gym battle's i've ever had, Brawly sent out Machop, wing attack 1 hit K.O, sent out Meditite, 1 Hit K.O, sent out Makuhita, 1 Hit K.O, it was over before I knew it and I obained the Knuckle badge & TM 08 (Bulk Up) :D

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Solo Runner:

Swellow Lv. 29

- Wing Attack
    - Endevour
    - Quick Attack
    - Double Team

* Next Update @ Mauville Gym!

Just about to take on Wattson of Mauville Gym (3rd Gym) and Swellow has already reached Level 50!

- Swellow At Level 50 just before taking on Wattson
    3rd Generation Solo Run!

Solo Runner:

Swellow Lv. 51

- Aerial Ace
    - Wing Attack
    - Steel Wing
    - Quick Attack

*Badges = 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defeated Wattson!

Took a few tries as I kept getting paralzyed and kept getting constantly hit with shock wave, but I beat Wattson with Swellow at Level 52!
    3rd Generation Solo Run!

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Obtained the Dynamo Badge & TM 34 (Shock Wave) :P

3rd Generation Solo Run!

*Next Update @ Lavaridge Town

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    I'm about to take on Roxanne, but I keep accidentally challenging this person with a Lotad and a Shroomish. Not good news for Chinchou. Anyways, I'll update with the screenshot of beating Roxanne.

Zenith95s

El Psy Congroo
    Years
    My update!:
    => Beat all trainers whoever come before Rustboro City & Route 116
    => Draco got Lv. 19 until that time.
    => Bought some potions
    => Beat the trainers in the gym
    => Easily beat Roxanne with no damage to my Draco :P
    => Draco suceeded to Lv. 20
    => Got the Stone Badge!
    => Taught my Draco, Rock Tomb!
    => Got through the Granite Cave without using Flash, gave the letter to Steven.
    => Beat Brawly with a great difficulity.
    => Went to Slateport, battled the trainers on the beach.
    => Gave the Devon Goods, battled to every trainer whoever comes before Mauville City.
    => Draco learned Sand Tomb at Lv. 25!
    => Draco grew to Lv. 30
    => Beat Wally.

Next tomorrow!

blue

gucci
    Years
    * Gym Update!

Reached Lavaridge town and took on ALL the trainers in the gym leaving me with low HP however, still attempted Flannery but lost because I had VERY low hp and Torkoal used overheat & wing attack missed >.>. 2nd try, won easily, with hardly NO health lost!

Defeated Flannery (Swellow Lv 64! :D)
    3rd Generation Solo Run!

Obtained the Heat Badge & TM 50 (Overheat)

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Now it's off to Petalburg City to challenge Norman, A.K.A Dad :P

*Next Update @ Petalburg Gym!

(SWELLOW IS ALMOST LEVEL 70 AND I ONLY HAVE 4 BADGES!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

*Gym Update!

So, I reached Petalburg city and enterd the gym, took on all of the trainers (I think) it was hard to figure out considering there was lots of doors, finally reached Dad with Low HP. Defeated his first 2 Pokemon easily, Slaking was more of a challenge as it kept using yawn and facade which wasn't good at all, but I won by a little bit with only a small amount of HP left, Obtained the Balance Badge & TM 42 (Facade)

Defeated Norman (Dad) - Swellow Lv 66!
    3rd Generation Solo Run!

*Next update @ Fortree Gym

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Gym Update!

Reached Fortree City, had to go meet Steven on the bridge to obtain the Scope lense (I think it's called) and clear the invisible Kecleon blocking the path to the gym. Enterd the gym and took on all the trainers, beat them easily, reached Wiona, Easily took out Pelliper & Tropius, then she sent out Skamory which was difficult (Defeated me twice) with it's resistance to flying type moves >.>, 3rd time lucky I got a critical hit and defeated it, Altaria last, used Dragon dance 4 times, I used aerial ace 4 times and won :P,

Defeated Wiona :) (Toughest leader so far by a mile)
    3rd Generation Solo Run!

3rd Generation Solo Run!

Obtained the Feather Badge & TM 40 (Aerial Ace) :D

3rd Generation Solo Run!

*Next Update @ Mossdeep Gym!

Solo Runner:

Swellow - Lv. 75 3rd Generation Solo Run!

- Aerial Ace
    - Wing Attack
    - Steel Wing
    - Fly

(Badges = 6)

Last edited:

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    I went over and got through Rock Tunnel. Uh EASILY. John pwned everyone as most of them were Rock and Normal types. So I got out of Lavender town the went to Cealdon City and beat the gym. I found a Rocket Grunt standing by a poster saying he was guarding it. But Hey! I wanted to see about Cycling Road! Then he sent out a Pokemon and challenged me. Very foolish. I pwned him.

So I beat all the grunts without leaving to heal and still having near perfect HP. Then I got a lift Key from a grunt who dropped it and I went to the lift and went to Base B4. Then there was Giovanni. Easy Smeezy. 1 hit KO for his first two Pokemon. Then an 2 hit for his kangaskan.When he left he dropped a Silph Scope. So I took it and Went to the Pokemon Tower. I got the the 2nd to top floor and when I was about to climb the stairs a ghost appeared! The Silph Scope identified it as the Markowak the Rockets killed. Mr Fuji took me to his house after I met him and he gave me a Pokeflute.

I went to Cycling road and found a idol's house. She gave me HM Fly so I would leave. I went outside and wait! A Snorlax is blocking the entrance. I started playing the Pokeflute and it Woke up and attacked. It was easy to defeat. So I beat all the trainers at Cycling road then all the trainer on the alternative route to Fuchia City. Then to make sure I beat all the trainers on Cycling road I went to Cealdon again. And I noticed I needed a move for Grass types. So I got Ice Beam from the Game Corner. Then I got some tea from an old lady. I decided to let it cool down after I beat Koga.

I went to the gym and feeled my way around until I got to Koga. Hardest gym yet. He almost won by poisoning John. I had to heal every other turn. He almost got me. I found out the next gym was in Saffron so I went to the gates and found out It was closed. But the guard was thirsty and said I could go if I let him have my tea. He told the other guards to let me around from now on. Awesome.

I walked out of the gates of Saffron and found something I didn't like. Rocket grunts. Everywhere.I went to the Dojo and fought my way through. Then I got a Hitmonchan. Then I found Silph Co. The guard for there was snoozing! Ha! I walked right in and saved.

3rd Generation Solo Run!

John the Blastoise @ Lv. 63 with Blackglasses
    Hasty Nature
    Stats
    HP: 188
    Atk: 125
    Def: 133
    Sp. Atk: 131
    Sp. Def: 153
    Speed: 155
    Moves
    - Surf