• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Omega [Beta 1 released in english]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Great screens. One of the things that makes your hack so good are the labirinths of the forests, etc.
    Good luck!

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Xiros!
    The new screenies are so great!
    I love the palettes... and also the tall grass!
    It's awesome keep up the great work!
    I can't wait to play Beta 2!

Good Luck and see you!

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
  • Buddy, I'd have to say this is looking pretty good. At the risk of sounding like the noobs I combat "d00d thos r awsm grafix!" lol but jokes aside, I do really like the new graphics. A lot of the hacks that change them Im often not as crazy about but these work. All is all I'd say this is definitely shaing up to be quite a hack indeed.

Years
  • Ok, So i gues that i can keep away anymore from giving you feedback?

Spriting
    So first let me say that it was realy nice playing Omega, and with all the new tiles it was like a whole new game! The other spriting part, like the Hero, Some overworlds and stuff like that did disapoint me a bit, But realy it's just beta one, And Graphic is not all... So in the end it was good, I would see some more palete changes at some points (Not the tiles)
    And then a new sprites, New overworlds with new paletes... That is all i have to say about spriting... Oh, Could you also change some of the Pokemon sprites?
    4/5

Scripting, Codeing, What-ever
    This Point was very good too, and i did like how notinh was as the Orginal! Maybe at some of the text part, you went a bit to far? "If you call xiros for siros then i kill you" Or some thing like that... But that is okay. (I gues that it make the hack uqick) Then i got tired at the one tiled mapping, No matter about how many times you tell me that you like it, I still don't belive that is any thing else then you just being lazy... It's realy not that much work, and about you are going to run out of space... -_- Yoy actualy don't even need to write end intire script twice, You can just change a pice of the movement part..? realy it's sad that you are being lazy with this. Else the Scripting was good, and i likked how all the movement script were in, But at some point you were lazy too, like with nurse joy, she just desapir? Scripting Should be at 4/5, and it's almost, but because of the lazy parts, then i give it 5/3... Please stop that(-: But of cause... You decide(-:

Mapping
    Mapping is very nice done, and i like how your maps look with all the new tiles!
    But i some of them are too small/big (Forrest, gym?)... Then the part there you have been lazy with scripting i neather nice...
    4/5

All in all, and game fell
    In the end you have been making a very good game, which realy fell orginal!
    I will give it 4 out of 5 stars! rea ly if you just fix the lazy parts then it's just perfekt!
    Story was also good, But a bit boring at some places... Sorry
    4/5

I hope you listing to some of my points, or i just wasted my time by writing this?
    But i shure did not waste any time playing the beta(-:

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
    Years
  • Thanks everyone for posting.
    Well, now i'm currently scripting and also planning what things will appear next.
    Soon i will wring new screens.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Planning? Didnt you have everything already planned in your head, Xiros? (and the problem was implementing it XP)

Well, hope to see something more about the main plot of the game. Your teams are really more interesting than the usual Nintendo ones, so I want to know what they'll doing in the future :)

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
    Years
  • Well, sorry for haven't updated for a while (i will update soon, i promise), but i have been a bit busy.
    But yes, YES! I have been working on Omega.
    Here are some of the things that i have done:
    -> Fixed the "Shiny Bug" (that all Pokémons became shiny if u lost against Shiny Murkrow)
    -> Added the National Dex Script on my hack (which i think is amazing because the hack is on ruby =D)
    -> Made a "headbutt tree" script on the forest.
    -> Added some more D/P Pokémon sprites.
    -> Started to make revamps of pokémons of G/S to add them to Omega (for the moment i have just added a revamp of pidgey, but i will add more).

That's all for now, i hope to be able to bring more news/screen/videos soon.

NeoS

Mexican Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2012
    Ok, you know!!! The trees... are so uggly!!! xD Nah... xD They're Wonder =)

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Hey Xiros! I'm glad you have fixed those bugs!
    I'm sure that the next beta is going to be AWESOME!
    Good luck with it!
    We're waiting for updates!

See you and BOL!

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2015
    DUDE! This is an awsome hack! Can't wate for beta 2. Btw don't know if you'll say and I just got it, but what is in the egg that the guy give you when you save the people in the power plant? Sorry I'm just too lazy atm too hatch it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2009
    I believe I found a glitch (not sure if it's been mentioned)... Ok after you battle the Shiny Murkrow (I caught it I don't know if that makes a difference) and then after that I saw 2 shinies in the wild, 1 Pidgey and 1 Bidoof, then back to normal...

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
    Years
  • Hi everyone!
    Finally i have new screens of Pokémon Omega!

Here is a screen of the revamp of pidgey made by me:
    Pokémon Omega [Beta 1 released in english]

And some Pokémon of D/P that i added (which some, like krickekot, that appears on the first forest, will be very hard to find):

And this screen is of the headbutt trees event:

The wild Pokémon that appear on the trees are burmy, pineco, aipom, etc.

Well, that's all for now.
    Cya!

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • Nice screens! You should use the other kricketot sprite, at last for me it seems better. Also the headbutt script is cool, I guess it's linked directly to the tree tile.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back