• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shimmers: The newest way to steal card information

Years
  • This just makes me want to have cash backup on me in case I'm at some retailer I don't feel is up to checking for these kinds of devices. If only it were possible to have enough cash on me for every conceivable use and not feel like I'm a walking target for a mugging.

Years
  • It'll be for naught, there is never anything in my bank account.

But really, I usually just withdraw cash if there is anything in there.

Years
  • Every time a new standard gets invented to keep our information secure, it's bound to be counteracted eventually. I had a feeling that something was gonna be happening like this soon enough, especially now that the United States is transitioning from swiping to inserting.

Years
  • interesting and my current debit card expires in july and it will be one of them chipped cards im trying to get my bank to support android pay just like apple pay is supported i honestly find it easier to use android pay then getting out my debit card

Years
  • The thing is, not all businesses support it - their machines would have to support tap payments too. I'd love to do it too with my Visa but not all stores accept tap (Walmart, for example) so I have to still resort to chip from time to time.

Also I really like my rooted phone and Android Pay/TD Mobile Payment doesn't support rooted phones because the phone fails Safetynet checks so I'd be screwed either way.
    i know that and i refuse to get walmarts app to me its bloatware but alot of places i go like mcdonalds support android pay

Back