• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: A New Dawn ----Still in development don't worry----

*Luxio//Hacks*

Creator of Sky Twilight + Sky Daylight?
Years
  • No April Fools joke from me this year, but here is my weekly update:

Thank you guys for voting A New Dawn for Hack of the Month!
    I am still working on this, but between work and personal life things are going slow.
    The first alpha will still have 5 Chapters as originally planned and maybe a few side ones. We are focusing right now on making sure the main story line flows well and is as perfect as we can get it.

Thank you all for the support and hopefully we will have something in store for you guys soon!

Spoiler:

The screenshots are pretty cool dude! Oh yeah, well done on the Hack of the Month. You should be really proud of you and your hard working that you have put into this game. :)

*Luxio//Hacks*

Years
  • I have been watched the video! Your game is actually pretty good. Great storyline as well. Keep up the good work. :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    Really excited for this game to release, I'd love to do a series on it based on how everything is coming so far. Keep up the great work!

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • As a thank you for all the support from you guys, I'm releasing an Early Alpha!

Why? Well My time to hack these last few weeks has indeed been limited, with business trips, relationships, and nap time, so I feel like I should at least release what I have finished so far. Plus the version which I had given to Achromatic turned out to have some sneaky bad bugs. Which are hopefully fixed :)

Be warned! This is an Early release of a game still in the Alpha stages of development! There are bound to be bugs, glitches and the likes! Save often, and report any you may find! The point in the game where things will almost definitely start getting glitchy is in the beginning of Chapter 4. There is a warning in game of this, and to progress you are putting your save file at risk! I'm not fully closing this area off as I want responses on how the mapping is looking and all around suggestions and comments on the game as a whole.

Thanks to:
    TheRealOCD for distracting me from development(You can give hima nice thank you for that xD )
    and
    FBI for some old routines I forgot you had given me so that I could have a nice chapter change screen without using text boxes.
    and
    Everyone else who have helped the development of this hack!

DOWNLOAD​

Known bugs/Currently Reported ones
    ------------------------------------------
    Yellow-Annoying but not game breaking
    Red-Game Breaking BEWARE!
    ------------------------------------------
    Running animation is slightly odd

Sometimes something will cause an error in music play back. This CAN cause game breaking things to happen but is typically just annoying as all get out. Still cannot pin point what is causing it.

Probs some tile errors

Pokemon Cries are NOT changed, they are all Ditto

Sometimes an NPC is hidden when they're not supposed to be

Camper Mellony has a level 3 hoppip that doesn't have any moves

There is a spot in the wall where you can pick up a Dawn Stone, a dusk stone and a Kirlia

Fisherman Triston has a Horsea with no moves

Please report any more you find so I can fix them!!!!!!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Is the pokemon cries not edited? It kinda hard to hear from the video, but starly cry sounds like caterpie... Do you have plan to edit the cries? Anyways! Interesting hack!!

*Luxio//Hacks*

Years
  • I have played your game. It's pretty interesting and quite catchy due to the screenshots. I have also record your game because I thought this game deserve to be on Youtube as you do have good scripting. :)

If other people are here as well, enjoy the video and more will come soon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2023
    should this be
    you can repeat that endless

Attachments

• Pokemon - Fire Red Version (U) (V1.0).png
      Pokemon - Fire Red Version (U) (V1.0).png
      3.7 KB · Views: 57
    • Pokemon - Fire Red Version (U) (V1.0)1.png
      Pokemon - Fire Red Version (U) (V1.0)1.png
      3.7 KB · Views: 42

BCTElite

Be still, my heart 'cause it's freakin' out
    Years
  • Just playing the Alpha, seems great so far.
    Camper Mellony has a level 3 hoppip that doesn't have any moves, was this done on purpose?
    As mentioned above there is a spot in the wall where you can pick up a Dawn Stone, a dusk stone and a Kirlia
    Fisherman Triston has a Horsea with no moves

Joexv

Years
  • Just a little weekly update for you guys. Last couple of days I've been working on New Dawn almost non stop. And progress has been very nice. I've reworked a lot of scripts to be a tad more efficient and cleaner, granted unless you break open the ROM and take a look you probably won't notice anything. But in some of these scripts oddities and small bugs were fixed in the process.

If all goes well you can expect either a medium sized bug fix update with maybe Chapter 4 finished in the next week or just a small bug fix in the next day or so. But be warned old saves will cause lots of bugs so it's best to start a new. Sorry.

Joexv

Years
  • Alright, as promised, here is a little update fixing various bugs, glitches, and tile errors along with adding some extra content to enjoy.

This sadly does not add the finished chapter 4, sorry guys. But it does clean up Chapter 3 a bit.

Alpha v0.2
    DOWNLOAD

And don't forget that we are still accepting fan stories to be added into the game! Just shoot me a PM with a story idea and we can talk it over from there!

Changelog
    Spoiler:

Known bugs:
    Pressing "A" anywhere will either pull up glitch text OR redo the end of Chapter 1 causing story to be reset and the player to be set to your Room. Beware!
    Some minor text issues

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2021
    hi i have a question for some reason i cannot fins the first gym leader, its that a bug or something? im in the gym and its only the guy next to the statues... i dont know what to do, help me please.
    PS:sorry for my bad english

Joexv

Years
  • Little update, so it turns out I broke a ton of engine work somehow(hehe) and caused some pretty unstable ROMs(including basically all of my backups). So to fix it I'm simply starting clean importing what I can safely.
    This will indeed set progress back a tad, although this will fix basically all the bugs that you may have been experiencing.

To make things go a little faster I am asking for a tad bit of help if you have the time and patience to do so.

Back