• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: A New Dawn ----Still in development don't worry----

Years
  • New hack, joexv? I see its going smoothly! Can't wait to see your maps!

I like the CSS I rate it 7.8 too much water.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Little update for everyone, scripting for the first alpha is going slow but is in fact getting done. I'm making sure that as many bugs as I can find are squashed and that this will be a decent demo to show off some of the storyline and features. Hopefully within the next week or so I'll have some videos showing off some events and such.

Other than scripts, there are maybe one or two images that need to be inserted and then the Pokedex data that needs to be finished up.

Progress is slow but its going!

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
  • I wish good luck bro, I love the story and everything (:
    I hope you finish It... because I usual we get disappointed everytime there is a new hack, especially when we play It and fall in love with It! Good luck!!

Btw I have a suggestion, may I have a request to make a trainer in your hack named as Caramelo with only an Umbreon in his team? lol that would be my character "I will crush you to pieces", thank youu! :D

Joexv

Years
  • Heres a look at the maps that Alpha 1 will have for Gameplay
    Spoiler:

Sorry OCD I got bored at work. So I made this in not powerpoint, but Photoshop like a pro.

shinymissingno

??? Pokemon
    Years
  • Gotta admit; this sounds like it's gonna be fantastic. I hope all the work is going well, because I am EXCITED to be able to play this once it'd done~

Joexv

Years

• Just a quick little update:
    My girlfriends been super sick this last week so I've been taking care of her and haven't had much time to work on New Dawn, but today I fixed quite a few bugs(major and minor) and I finally finished adding in the Pokemon evolution data. Plus I've started working on a trailer and maybe even some smaller videos to show off some of the game.
    Im also planning on cleaning up the OP some, and making the story a little clearer and in depth.
    I would love to hear your guys comments on it!

If anyone good at video editing would like to help just shoot me a pm!

Joexv

Years
  • Heres a little something for all you "graphic nuts" who hate plain FR/LG tiles
    cS1J36V.png

As I polish it out some more hopefully it'll make maps a little less plain while keeping to the default style of colors/tiles.

Credits go to
    Trevor, Tapia, Edo, War, Javs, Kyledove, Sniper, and Spherical Ice for their tiles that I simply changed to default palettes

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Are you going to be sticking with the default firered trees? Just wondering because you have quite a few shadowing errors that need looking at it if so. (I haven't looked at every screenshot, I'm just judging by the one in the post above.) Hack is looking good so far though, excited to see how it develops.

Joexv

Years
  • Are you going to be sticking with the default firered trees? Just wondering because you have quite a few shadowing errors that need looking at it if so. (I haven't looked at every screenshot, I'm just judging by the one in the post above.) Hack is looking good so far though, excited to see how it develops.

I will probably stick with them, as there aren't any others that I like. But I fix what shadows I can when I see them, I have never played FR so I'm not too familiar with how they set it up.

Joexv

Years
  • Alrighty little regularly scheduled update for you guys:

Life has been keeping me pretty busy but I've been working on this as much as I can atm.
    The first alpha will not have as much content as originally planned, BUT the content that will be in is being improved so much and bugs are being squashed as soon as I find them.
    The first alpha will(if everything goes well) be 90% bug free, with no game breaking bugs or features.
    There will, although, be some other nice features missing like height, weight and cries done for all the Pokemon, and other unimportant things like that.

Thank you guys for your support, and hopefully I can provide something for you guys in return.

EDIT: plus, I'm taking some extra time to make sure that ALL trees are properly shaded.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • That's great to hear. I'm glad you're still working on this regularly. Surely everyone is on their toes waiting for a release :)

Joexv

Years
  • No April Fools joke from me this year, but here is my weekly update:

Thank you guys for voting A New Dawn for Hack of the Month!
    I am still working on this, but between work and personal life things are going slow.
    The first alpha will still have 5 Chapters as originally planned and maybe a few side ones. We are focusing right now on making sure the main story line flows well and is as perfect as we can get it.

Thank you all for the support and hopefully we will have something in store for you guys soon!

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2020
    Looks slick, although a bit ambitious (which does not necessarily mean bad!), progress seems steady too so that's a plus. Will be a must-play for me once it comes out :) Anyway, I was wondering, would you mind telling how many storylines have been submitted so far?

Back